cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will ASUS make a completely new laptop chasis?

Rares95
Level 8
For the past 3-4 years, the components used in ASUS gaming laptops, from the touchpad to the keyboard to the shape of the chasis itself has been the same.

When will we see a completely new laptop chasis that is designed from the ground up, and not just modified. RGB keyboard? Ram that doesn't have 2 slots behind the Motherboard? I mean come on ASUS. Time to get with the times. Stop recycling the designs, come up with something new.
3 REPLIES 3

jtchrome
Level 7
I honestly don't mind the shape. I actually like it. The sturdiness of the chassis can use some work in my opinion (the guard for my manifold is completely broken off from carrying my laptop in my schoolbag.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well there are the GL, Strix, G771 Some other models that are really other than Gaming models repurposed as gaming I don't remember all the different models. are slim models that's the trend slim and slimmer personally I really like the G series and the great cooling systems that come with them. If I need something to travel around with on planes etc. I'll bring a tablet
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

C4RN1
Level 9
This is just natural progression, they will keep changing the same basic shape till they revamp the whole line. The same thing happened with the G50, G51,G71,G72. Their respective series look similar though 4 or 5 models. Now they have a great design from the G53, G73 series and improved upon it. There's no reason to change it at the moment, the design itself has come a long way. Like Clint mentioned the cooling designs are great.

I still think the G46vw was the best design yet, 14 inch is very portable and still has some decent hardware. They should revamp the G46 before they get rid of the stealth design cues.