cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ASUS ROG G751JY not detecting charger!

ItsTheMightyD
Level 7
While gaming, my ROG G751JY stopped detecting the charger and is no longer charging.
The little green light on the charging brick still lights up when plugged into an outlet, but when I plug it into the laptop the battery icon shows that it is not charging and runs as if it wasn't plugged in at all.
Should I just buy a new charger? Is it an issue with the laptop itself? What can I do to fix this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Sounds like your battery is heated up. Try letting it cool and see what you get.
Dont know if you are gamong on battery or not but its not recommended. Your wont get near the same performance and the battery will run hot.
Also make sure you dont sit it on your lap or on a bed or anywhere that will restrict air flow. Hard surface is best.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Sounds like your battery is heated up. Try letting it cool and see what you get.
Dont know if you are gamong on battery or not but its not recommended. Your wont get near the same performance and the battery will run hot.
Also make sure you dont sit it on your lap or on a bed or anywhere that will restrict air flow. Hard surface is best.

I've been doing everything you've stated. The charger started working again for a little bit but then stopped again even when I wasn't gaming.