cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus crosshair VI bootlooping "error D0"

Flakfired
Level 7
Hello,

I have been experiencing some issues trying to get my asus crosshair VI to boot after doing a windows restart it stopped working and keep showing "no signal" on the screen with error "d0".

Also the bios screen never shows up anymore.

What i have tried:
Spamming f2/delete when booting
Disconnected all usb devices.
Disconnected all sata cables
Checked all psu cables.
Tried bios 5803 and 9012
Clear cmos for 1 min with psu off.

Specs:
mobo: crosshair VI
cpu: Amd ryzen 1700x
Cooler: Be quiet dark rock 3
ram: Corsair lpx 16Gb 3000mhz
psu: Evga supernova g2 750 watt
gpu: Evga gtx 1080 SC

I hope that someone knows a trick to get it working again.

Thanks in advance,

Flak
14 REPLIES 14

Raja
Level 13
Typically, this is a memory issue. If system is overclocked in any way (including the memory being set to DDR4-3000), I'd revert to stock and see if the symptoms persist. If they don't, you'll need to tune SoC voltage somewhat, I suspect, or run the memory at a lower frequency and await future updates from AMD. Memory compatibility for speeds over DDR4-2666 isn't a strong point of the current microcode

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Typically, this is a memory issue. If system is overclocked in any way (including the memory being set to DDR4-3000), I'd revert to stock and see if the symptoms persist. If they don't, you'll need to tune SoC voltage somewhat, I suspect, or run the memory at a lower frequency and await future updates from AMD. Memory compatibility for speeds over DDR4-2666 isn't a strong point of the current microcode

Isn't it weird that it occurred after restarting windows? And the memory was set to 2133mhz but they're 3000mhz sticks.

Flakfired wrote:
Isn't it weird that it occurred after restarting windows? And the memory was set to 2133mhz but they're 3000mhz sticks.

Not really, different types of memory training occur from first power on to warm restarts. Could still be memory stability related. You can try with fewer memory modules, to see if that changes anything. I'd even go as far as adjusting the primary memory timings and setting SoC voltage to 1.10V to rule stuff like that out. You can also see if any of the plugged in peripherals are causing issues with BOOT, by removing them systematically.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Not really, different types of memory training occur from first power on to warm restarts. Could still be memory stability related. You can try with fewer memory modules, to see if that changes anything. I'd even go as far as adjusting the primary memory timings and setting SoC voltage to 1.10V to rule stuff like that out. You can also see if any of the plugged in peripherals are causing issues with BOOT, by removing them systematically.

Well i can't get into the BIOS since it never shows up. I only get no signal on my screen every 10 seconds.

Also i made a mistake in my title it should be Asus crosshair VI bootlooping "error D0"

Hi

i have similar specs to the OP and suffering the same issues above 2133 speeds.

When i have encountered a 0d fault , clearing the cmos with the button at the rear allows POST and entry to the bios.

Regards

Chipz wrote:
Hi

i have similar specs to the OP and suffering the same issues above 2133 speeds.

When i have encountered a 0d fault , clearing the cmos with the button at the rear allows POST and entry to the bios.

Regards

I already tried that and it still shows no signal but i will try it yet again when i get home.

Flakfired wrote:
Well i can't get into the BIOS since it never shows up. I only get no signal on my screen every 10 seconds.

Also i made a mistake in my title it should be Asus crosshair VI bootlooping "error D0"

You can clear CMOS, try one DIMM at a time, and removing peripherals. See if anything helps.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You can clear CMOS, try one DIMM at a time, and removing peripherals. See if anything helps.

I got it working

my steps:

-hold clear cmos button for 30 seconds
-go into bios
-Changed ram voltage to 1.35 my system has been rock solid for a few hours already.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Flakfired wrote:
I got it working

my steps:

-hold clear cmos button for 30 seconds
-go into bios
-Changed ram voltage to 1.35 my system has been rock solid for a few hours already.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Too i have error 0d and I can´t go into Bios.
CLEAR CMOS WITH POWER ON OR OFF ?