cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashed Maximus Formula VIII to 3101, cannot access BIOS via delete key anymore

cryosurge
Level 7
I flashed my BIOS to 3101 and now cannot boot in to BIOS via the F2/del keys any longer. This worked fine until I flashed the latest BIOS update. Now the only way for me to access the BIOS is to use Asus's 'Fastboot' utility from Windows to then restart in to BIOS. Anyone else facing a similar issue? Any workarounds known for this?
5 REPLIES 5

FuryA
Level 8
hi C,

Ttry to Clear your CMOS and test your system at stock defaults.
or flashback previous version

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi C,

Ttry to Clear your CMOS and test your system at stock defaults.
or flashback previous version

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, clearing CMOS didn't seem to do anything. Just to clarify the 2nd option, can I just download version 2202 from the website on to a usb stick and use EZ Flash from the BIOS to reflash? Same as I had done for 3101?

Lanchikov
Level 7
cryosurge wrote:
I flashed my BIOS to 3101 and now cannot boot in to BIOS via the F2/del keys any longer. This worked fine until I flashed the latest BIOS update. Now the only way for me to access the BIOS is to use Asus's 'Fastboot' utility from Windows to then restart in to BIOS. Anyone else facing a similar issue? Any workarounds known for this?

Same Logitech keyboard not work in BIOS vesion 3001 and 3101 and 3201. Flashback to 2202 or use PS/2 keyboard in BIOS. In OS all USB keyboars working ok.

Lanchikov wrote:
Same Logitech keyboard not work in BIOS vesion 3001 and 3101 and 3201. Flashback to 2202 or use PS/2 keyboard in BIOS. In OS all USB keyboars working ok.

Ditto, Logitech G510s here. The BIOS Flashback option worked. Reverted back to 2202 and everything is back to normal and working as expected. On the ASUS website, the latest download states 3101(BETA), wonder if that's the reason there might be an acceptable portion of issues such as this.