Hi,

I have a Ryzen 1800X with a CM AIO

2 x 16GB RAM (CMK16GX4M1B3000C15)

Asus Crosshair Hero VI (bios 0902)

ASUS ROG STRIX 1070

Corsair RM1000X PSU

Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD

2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD

If i change the memory frequency in the bios to 2933 my board doesnt post. its just loops and resets. Need Help running the ram at 2933.

Please guide me . I am new to overclocking specially on AMD chipsets.
11 REPLIES 11

MNMadman
Level 8
Make sure DRAM voltage is 1.35v.
Make sure DRAM Boot (bottom setting in DIgi+ menu) is 1.35v.
Raise SOC -- might need 1.1v or so. Don't go over 1.2v.
Raise VTTDDR (first setting in Tweaker's Paradise) to 0.80520 or the next notch higher.

If those don't work, you'll have to settle for a lower speed and wait for future BIOS updates on this new and immature platform. It might be many months for full stability and compatibility.

MNMadman wrote:
Raise VTTDDR (first setting in Tweaker's Paradise) to 0.80520 or the next notch higher.

If those don't work, you'll have to settle for a lower speed and wait for future BIOS updates on this new and immature platform. It might be many months for full stability and compatibility.

Thank you for the reply, I am still not sure how to achieve what you've said (NOOB ALERT). but will this harm my motherboard/RAM?

I hope AMD addresses RAM Speed compatibility. I'm From India and to source parts is still an issue. and what waste of money if my 3000mhz ram will only work 2133mhz.

fatbax wrote:
Thank you for the reply, I am still not sure how to achieve what you've said (NOOB ALERT). but will this harm my motherboard/RAM?

I hope AMD addresses RAM Speed compatibility. I'm From India and to source parts is still an issue. and what waste of money if my 3000mhz ram will only work 2133mhz.

No, it will not hurt anything.

AMD will be releasing a big update to every manufacturer in May that address speed, stability, and compatibility. Just have to be patient. In the meantime, ASUS will have further BIOS updates as well.

MNMadman wrote:
No, it will not hurt anything.

AMD will be releasing a big update to every manufacturer in May that address speed, stability, and compatibility. Just have to be patient. In the meantime, ASUS will have further BIOS updates as well.

Im just going to wait as i play just DOTA 2 and use premier pro or photoshop. I have to say AMD is really back to the game. they are stepping it up.

MNMadman wrote:

Hi i have allmost the same setup.

4 x 32GB RAM (CMK16GX4M1B3000C15)
Can i run 2933mhz With this tweak. ?

Run`s 2666 now with every ting else on auto.
My specs:

Mobo: Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO
Cpu: Ryzen 7 1800x
Mem: Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
Cooler: MasterLiquid Pro 240
Gpu: Asus Strix 1070 X2 (SLI)
Hdd: Corsair Force MP500 240GB M.2
Hdd: Seagate Desktop 2TB 3.5" SSHD
Psu: Cooler Master V1000
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5

OMG_Larson wrote:
Hi i have allmost the same setup.

4 x 32GB RAM (CMK16GX4M1B3000C15)
Can i run 2933mhz With this tweak. ?

Run`s 2666 now with every ting else on auto.

I just changed the frequency to 2666mhz boots but i find system load a bit choppy. could be my wifi adapter (USB).

My question is my CPUZ and AI suite still show memory at 2133mhz but bios says 2666mhz.

Hi, I just set 2666Mhz and shut down my pc. put my UPS off and came back to switch back on No Post. qcode 0d. then i reset cmos and everything booted fine but there is a Q code 24

q-codes that are shown after a successful boot are simply displaying your CPU temperature. In this case 24 degrees.

AndehX wrote:
q-codes that are shown after a successful boot are simply displaying your CPU temperature. In this case 24 degrees.

Incorrect. Mine displays 24 on a successful boot, at idle, and under load. I know for a fact my CPU is changing temps.

Apparently, code 24 is normal.