Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ROG Enthusiast Array

"The only way to restore it is flashing an original firmware on the chip under windows command prompt."

How?!?!?!?!!? This is news to me.

I am not sending the board back, that will wreck the processor.

New ROGer Array

The aura system is drive with a solderer chip on the board. The firmware is written into the chip, Like a bios, but for the aura part.

With Windows update and aura software update, firmware maybe corrupted.

After that, the only way to make it work is flashing a not corrupted firmware onto the chip.
    It can be done under windows command prompt (see link in my first post)

Only think we need is original firmware for the prime x370 pro aura chip.
    Firmware in the link is for Asus rampage motherboard. So it work not properly, but prove it’s not an hardware fail, just a software corruption.

We need original aura firmware for Asus prime-x370-pro

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ROG Enthusiast Array

I give up, my motherboard still works, I can't even see the lights as my case is non transparent anyway, I just don't care anymore lol.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Matmat View Post
    Hello (i'm frenchy sorry about my english...),

i have exactly the same problem, 2 weeks working and nothing. Try everything, bios update, catastrophic failure on AURA software etc...

(Asus PRIME-X370-PRO board)

I followed this thread :

"https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94418-Aura-firmware-reflash-recovery-tool"

and flashed my MB with this C6H aura firm.

It send back light on the Motherboard, i can manage from the bios and install last aura software with no error. So It's a Firmware corruption, nothing else!

Problem is RGB Header is not addressed on this firm, it only light at startup, and slowly go to dark (i have my AMD Wraith Spire on it).

But on the motherboard itself, leds are fully functionning, Hibernate and off mode too.

Only way to make it back in normal state, is to flash original AURA LEDFW for the PRIME-X370-PRO.

Problem is where we can find it?

It's a massive problem, ROG and classic Board have the issue! ASUS TECH where are you???? don't want to make an RMA return form a firm corruption! Need Firmware to flash it!
    Hi,

If I understand properly, as the LED of your motherboard wasn't working, you did the following:
    1. Use the AURA firmware re-flash tool that is for C6H available on this thread
    2. The LEDs of your motherboard are back, but you are unable to control what's plug on your RGB connector.

Does AURA recognize your motherboard and you are able to apply different effect?

First, try to refresh the BIOS of your motherboard - available on the support page.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

New ROGer Array

Aura recognize the motherboard, because of the firm flash. It doesn’t before that.

Bios isn’t affected and don’t affect the aura firmware, it’s not the same chip.
    Only way to make it alive again is the aura firmware for this board (I suppose only for Asus technicians, but we got the c6h one, it came from somewhere, but where?)

I send back the board to the reseller, i have usb issue since the beginning, and i suppose it’s a refurbished one.

Will see what’s next...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Aura recognize the motherboard, because of the firm flash. It doesn’t before that.

Bios isn’t affected and don’t affect the aura firmware, it’s not the same chip.
    Only way to make it alive again is the aura firmware for this board (I suppose only for Asus technicians, but we got the c6h one, it came from somewhere, but where?)

I send back the board to the reseller, i have usb issue since the beginning, and i suppose it’s a refurbished one.

Will see what’s next...

I recall that the C6H was a special case. Usually we will not release this type of firmware.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

New ROGer Array

You can release the prime x370 pro? We are many with corrupted aura firm...

Send it back to manufacturer only for that is a really poor solution, release the firm is good for everybody!

New ROGer Array

Firmware Rog Strix B350-F

You can release the prime x370 pro? We are many with corrupted aura firm...

Send it back to manufacturer only for that is a really poor solution, release the firm is good for everybody!

Hello, I have the same problem but my board is the B350-F, I do not know if the problem is in AURA or Windows, I have other cards just like mine and with that I got a firmware backup, if you want to test with it tell me that I make the link available, Asus should say about it, I have to flash more than four times because the firmware is always erased.

Sorry, English, Google translator.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7