HI guys

been a long time since I been on this forums

but I have a few questions on the G20GB - UK007T

the specs are

i7-6700
    12gb ram
    gtx 950
    1tb HD

so the question is I've bought a gtx 1070 Founders edition reference cooler design and want to use this

There was only one Power Supply supplied with my unit ( 230w ) also a small cable in the box for a GPU power plug

I wanted to ask if it would be okay with a 1070? as im not 100% sure on the design on the G20 as 230w seems very little to power it all.. so I wondered if there was another PSU inside the unit giving it more power? or do I have to purchase an extra PSU i.e 180w? I have seen people say this one works im not 100% sure though - https://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-...ance-notebooks

look forward to your help

ROG Guru: White Belt Array spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G21CX Huracan
    MotherboardZ390 ROG G21CX
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)32gb DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RTX 2080 Turbo
    MonitorROG PG27vQ
    Storage #1Samsung NvMe 960 500gb + 4 Tb Samsung SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 8 tb Hard Disk Drive
    CaseROG G21CX
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Yes you can run i7 6700 & gtx 1070 with a single 230watt adapter, but for best stability & performance you need to get additional 180watt power brick, make sure you switch the power jumper in the motherboard if you want to use 2 adapter.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    Yes you can run i7 6700 & gtx 1070 with a single 230watt adapter, but for best stability & performance you need to get additional 180watt power brick, make sure you switch the power jumper in the motherboard if you want to use 2 adapter.
    you sure? mine wont power up with 1 ac adapter.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Announcement View Post
    fyi.

Depending on the video card installed from the ASUS factory, there can be some G20CB models that use just the 180W adapter, just the 230W adapter, or both 180W and 230W adapters (for the higher end video cards) which apparently use different jumper settings on the motherboard to use different combinations of adapters.
    I'm actually not very familiar with the jumper settings myself, but others may have posted information about it.

If a customer happens to have the G20CB model and video card that only requires the 230W adapter, it might be possible to run a replacement video card with just the 230W adapter, but really don't have more information about running the GTX 1070 with just the 230W adapter on my end, so we may want to wait for feedback from more customers.

Exepect it would be better to run any higher-end video cards with 2 adapters though.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 07-12-2017 at 08:47 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G21CX Huracan
    MotherboardZ390 ROG G21CX
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)32gb DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RTX 2080 Turbo
    MonitorROG PG27vQ
    Storage #1Samsung NvMe 960 500gb + 4 Tb Samsung SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 8 tb Hard Disk Drive
    CaseROG G21CX
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Announcement View Post
    won`t power up means yours are set to use 2 adapter, the 180w for the cpu dan 230w for the gpu. You need to set up the jumper to make whole system to use 1 adapter, if not it won`t power up.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    won`t power up means yours are set to use 2 adapter, the 180w for the cpu dan 230w for the gpu. You need to set up the jumper to make whole system to use 1 adapter, if not it won`t power up.
    But how can u set up the jumper?when you cant see the jdc11? i can only see jdc1-5 jacks. and when i open it all 5 jacks was on the upper way. still the 230watts is warming not the other one.And btw, how can really know if the power is open?when both are warm?