cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero Viii backside heatsink?

saskrider
Level 7
hello all!!.1st time user of asus boards,always used evga,but wanted to try out asus boards this time around.
on backside of the board is a heatsink,is there any issue mounting this board with standard size mb standoffs?
on cursory glance the heatsink seems to be as deep as the standoffs are.

i have been running the board open box installing windows etc,now its time to tear the old system apart and transfer the new board into the case
any input appreciated!!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi saskrider

It should fit, Asus wouldn't install a heatsink to keep it from installing in your case. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hi saskrider

It should fit, Asus wouldn't install a heatsink to keep it from installing in your case. 🙂

true enough,like i said a cursory glance looked to be close
very happy so far with this board

well i got around to fitting the board in the case.no issue with the backside heatsinks,however the heatkiller iv backplate is touching the case in a couple spots!!
i think the issue is the case piece that the board mounts on got a little warped with use over time
i have a hole cut out on the back side for access-and i can feel with a piece of paper where it is touching

is this a grounding issue i should be concerned with?-the waterblock backplate is grounded to the case with non metal washers
my other alternative would be electrical tape on back of case where backplate is making contact!1