Did you mean: 

Are there any remaining ROG laptops with external battery

jtchrome
Level 7
I need some input on ROG laptops with on-point battery life
7 REPLIES 7

Eleiyas
Level 10
what do you mean by ''external battery'' ?

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
what do you mean by ''external battery'' ?

A battery that i can remve without disassembling the laptop.

I went through all the current models and I've realized that those kind of batteries isn't a thing.The reason I wanted it, was because I use my laptop all day. Instead I will look for a model with a long battery life and try not to kill my battery after a year (which is what has been happening).

jtchrome wrote:
A battery that i can remve without disassembling the laptop.

I went through all the current models and I've realized that those kind of batteries isn't a thing.The reason I wanted it, was because I use my laptop all day. Instead I will look for a model with a long battery life and try not to kill my battery after a year (which is what has been happening).

There are still a few models that exist with a removable battery, it all just depends on how recent you want the model to be. If you don't mind it being from 2015/2016, then I think there are still a couple of models available.

I will have to check.

EDIT: The G552V has a removable battery and is a pretty decent unit.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
There are still a few models that exist with a removable battery, it all just depends on how recent you want the model to be. If you don't mind it being from 2015/2016, then I think there are still a couple of models available.

I will have to check.

EDIT: The G552V has a removable battery and is a pretty decent unit.

That's the model i have right now ( I love it). I thought that Asus was discontinuing the production of the model. 😕 Am I mistaken ? On the site it was replaced with the GL553V

jtchrome wrote:
That's the model i have right now ( I love it). I thought that Asus was discontinuing the production of the model. 😕 Am I mistaken ? On the site it was replaced with the GL553V

They are still available from our Service Partners and on our Refurbished Units Store, but I guess the whole point of this thread is because you wish to upgrade to a more powerful unit?

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
They are still available from our Service Partners and on our Refurbished Units Store, but I guess the whole point of this thread is because you wish to upgrade to a more powerful unit?

Correct. Since the external batteries are a thing of the past. I would like to get some pointers on how to take care of a laptop battery so that it atleast lasts a few years.

Thank you so much for the consistent responses! I appreciate it.

jtchrome wrote:
Correct. Since the external batteries are a thing of the past. I would like to get some pointers on how to take care of a laptop battery so that it atleast lasts a few years.

Thank you so much for the consistent responses! I appreciate it.

I can give you a few pointers that I know of:

- if the battery is 100% charged, don't keep it plugged in for too long
- only charge the battery when it gets to about 15%
- if you are planning really long periods of gaming/etc, then it might be best to remove the battery (if possible).

then more obvious stuff like, if you drop it, don't use it, etc, etc... 🙂

Glad I could help out! ^^