Zka17
Level 16
So, most of the core components has arrived! :cool:
Mobo: Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: Intel Core i7-6900k
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8x8GB, 3200MHz, 14-14-14-34, 1.35V
GPU: 2x Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB

Right now it's only on a testbench - until I figure out most of the settings... also, the CPU cooler is a Noctua U12S - for now...

Here are some pics:

Did some basic testing... CPU is limited to 3.2GHz, RAM at 2133MHz:

And, of course the RealBench:

Then I set the CPU to 3.6GHz and RAM to its XMP:

And I will stop here with benchmarking for today... this Noctua cooler is reaching its limits...
Beside, will have to refresh my memories about benchmarking... and learn some new tricks with Win10... :cool:
48 REPLIES 48

Nate152
Hi Zka17

Wow what an awesome machine you have, with two 1080 Ti's you'll rip through every game for a good while.

To help with benchmark scores, I set the windows performance options to "Adjust for best performance".

Your psu cables look like mine, I have the pc power and cooling turbo cool 1200 watt.

Zka17
Level 16
Ha-ha, I will have to find those settings in Win10... - I am really new at it... 😄
I only set the XMP and CPU multi in BIOS, no adjustments in OS. That's how it looks right after the install. Also have a feeling that the Win did not finished updating yet...

My PSU is one of my old Seasonic X-1250s... tested it, the voltages still look OK...

brkkab123
Level 7
Nice build. Not so sure you'll need the 2 1080ti's, though. Most games aren't made for SLI or CrossFire anymore. You may find out you're better of with one and getting a refund on the other.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If you are going to bench those GPUs I think you'll want a HB triple bridge for SLI...will affect scores....

Nice rig Zka17!

xeromist
Ah Noctua, a great company owned and operated entirely by blind people. 😉
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Zka17
Level 16
Thanks, guys!

brkkab123 - I'm really not in gaming business...
Arne - I know about the HB bridge thing... it just got lost in translation...
Xero - yeah, I could put some black fans on it... but anyway it's temporary - will have water on it!

After some tweaking in OS, I took a deep breath and pushed the CPU to 3.8GHz... I am getting nervous of the temps...

Nodens - THANKS FOR THE CPU TEMP DISPLAY!!! it really helps!

Zka17
Level 16
Now, on the cooling note:
Does anyone know if the EK Supremacy fits the R5E10?
I've had it on the RIVE before...