Page 27 of 267 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by brumylad2017 View Post
    the minimum processor state option in processor management isnt available for me in the high performance power plan as u can see in the screenshot.

im running the Ryzen 1700X using bios 0902 with the following settings :
    1. cpu core ratio changed to 39.00
    2. changed CPU core voltage to offset mode with CPU offset mode sign set to - instead of +
    3. CPU load line calibration set to level 2.

i have not applied any settings in the bios to the p State settings in the bios the only things i have changed in the bios is what listed above.
    Yes, as I found out, that power plan option in Windows won't be available if certain settings in the bios are enabled/disabled/auto

So, why have you set a minus offset ? And what value ? I also found out from experience that setting an offset without setting a P state leads to problems, instability etc.

Try this, go to the 'exit' menu in the bios, then select 'restore optimised defaults'

Then go to the P state menu and select P state 0 and input 9C into the FID box. 9C = 39 (your 39 multiplier in hex)

Come out of the P State page and in the Zen Common options ensure C States is enabled.

Since you have not mentioned overclocking BCLK or anything, I'm assuming your target is 3.9GHZ (since BCLK will be 100 by default and will be multiplied by the 39/9C value in the P state FID

You should know what value of Vcore you need to run stable at 3.9Ghz, so, if this value is higher than the default value in the P state 0 VID box, you will need to add that as an offset.

So, if you need 1.375 volts for example, your offset will be 1.375 - VID = X (the default VID in that P state is usually 1.35v (although it appears as 1350000 (microvolts) So X in that case would be 1.375 - 1.35 = 0.025v

Back in the Extreme Tweaker page, select positive offset then in the box, type the value of X. In my current set up X = 0.04v

Set LLC to level 2 and also it has been suggested to set phase control to 'optimised' rather than 'extreme'

Unless you are attempting to overclock your memory, everything else can be left as is. If you are overclocking your RAM and a different BCLK value is displaying that is not 100, then the FID value in the P state will need to be changed from 9C to get back the proper multiplier to get you that 3.9Ghz (CPU freq = FID x BCLK) But this BCLK with P states won't work with the bios you are using, of course.

REboot and if all goes well, then go back into the windows power plan and see if that 'minimum processor state' option is now available, it should be.
    Last edited by Theagg; 04-24-2017 at 08:38 PM.

ROG Member Array brumylad2017 PC Specs
    brumylad2017 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair Hero VI
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Storage #1Toshiba XG3 M2 256 SSD
    Storage #2OCZ Vertex 460A 240GB
    CPU CoolerAlphacool Eisblock XPX CPU Block
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i 1200W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

reply to info given.

Quote Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
    Yes, as I found out, that power plan option in Windows won't be available if certain settings in the bios are enabled/disabled/auto

So, why have you set a minus offset ? And what value ? I also found out from experience that setting an offset without setting a P state leads to problems, instability etc.

Try this, go to the 'exit' menu in the bios, then select 'restore optimised defaults'

Then go to the P state menu and select P state 0 and input 9C into the FID box. 9C = 39 (your 39 multiplier in hex)

Come out of the P State page and in the Zen Common options ensure C States is enabled.

Since you have not mentioned overclocking BCLK or anything, I'm assuming your target is 3.9GHZ (since BCLK will be 100 by default and will be multiplied by the 39/9C value in the P state FID

You should know what value of Vcore you need to run stable at 3.9Ghz, so, if this value is higher than the default value in the P state 0 VID box, you will need to add that as an offset.

So, if you need 1.375 volts for example, your offset will be 1.375 - VID = X (the default VID in that P state is usually 1.35v (although it appears as 1350000 (microvolts) So X in that case would be 1.375 - 1.35 = 0.025v

Back in the Extreme Tweaker page, select positive offset then in the box, type the value of X. In my current set up X = 0.04v

Set LLC to level 2 and also it has been suggested to set phase control to 'optimised' rather than 'extreme'

Unless you are attempting to overclock your memory, everything else can be left as is. If you are overclocking your RAM and a different BCLK value is displaying that is not 100, then the FID value in the P state will need to be changed from 9C to get back the proper multiplier to get you that 3.9Ghz (CPU freq = FID x BCLK) But this BCLK with P states won't work with the bios you are using, of course.

REboot and if all goes well, then go back into the windows power plan and see if that 'minimum processor state' option is now available, it should be.
    i have tried this and been successful in getting the hidden option to appear but have noticed for some reason cpu temps idle around 28'C use the guide u have given compared to around 16'C using the settings im runnings and i can confirm my settings are fully stable.

also didnt need to give any manul offset voltage was happy at defualt 1.352v as in the bios and in windows never pulls over that.

can u please confirm u was on about cpu phase control yes ?

minus offset voltage i was using purely for testing now gone back to using plus offset now.

i have this memory
    http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/dominat...6gx4m2b3200c16

so if u know of any ways to get this memory working @3200mhz then im happy to try but tried many settings and not had much joy. but currently running it @ 2666 with timmings 14-13-13-13-30 @1.35v

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

i have this memory

so if u know of any ways to get this memory working @3200mhz then im happy to try but tried many settings and not had much joy. but currently running it @ 2666 with timmings 14-13-13-13-30 @1.35v
    What is the version number on the memory? I have the "same" memory but apparently there are different versions of it. Mine is 4.24.

Refer to my posts on page 26 of this thread. I tried some different BIOS versions and I'm running with the 0081 "experimental" one as noted in my later post on that page.

So, running BIOS 0081 and getting the full 3200 mhz reliably but I've reverted to the stock timings (16-18-18-18-36) and a ProcODT of 80 ohms after more extensive memory testing with HCI Memtest. You WON'T get the full 3200 without a big base clock boost if your system is anything like mine. And I can't run at all that fast without setting the ProcODT value manually.

If you are like I was you are wondering what ProcODT is -- stands for "Processor On-Die Terminator". Basically it's a load that has to be on the signal lines to the DRAM to keep the signals clean. Like with coaxial cables and their impedance -- without a "match" the signal is degraded.

Anyway, apparently the AUTO search for that setting doesn't work as well as it perhaps could. So you have to play around and find it manually.

Good luck with your search for an answer. Mine so far is doing pretty well.
    Last edited by entropic-remnants; 04-25-2017 at 04:09 AM.

ROG Member Array brumylad2017 PC Specs
    brumylad2017 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair Hero VI
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Storage #1Toshiba XG3 M2 256 SSD
    Storage #2OCZ Vertex 460A 240GB
    CPU CoolerAlphacool Eisblock XPX CPU Block
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i 1200W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

reply to info wanted

Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    What is the version number on the memory? I have the "same" memory but apparently there are different versions of it. Mine is 4.24.

Refer to my posts on page 26 of this thread. I tried some different BIOS versions and I'm running with the 0081 "experimental" one as noted in my later post on that page.

So, running BIOS 0081 and getting the full 3200 mhz reliably but I've reverted to the stock timings (16-18-18-18-36) and a ProcODT of 80 ohms after more extensive memory testing with HCI Memtest. You WON'T get the full 3200 without a big base clock boost if your system is anything like mine. And I can't run at all that fast without setting the ProcODT value manually.

If you are like I was you are wondering what ProcODT is -- stands for "Processor On-Die Terminator". Basically it's a load that has to be on the signal lines to the DRAM to keep the signals clean. Like with coaxial cables and their impedance -- without a "match" the signal is degraded.

Anyway, apparently the AUTO search for that setting doesn't work as well as it perhaps could. So you have to play around and find it manually.

Good luck with your search for an answer. Mine so far is doing pretty well.
    not sure what the verision number is on my ram without checking but id imagine its 4.24. i wont be doing a BCLK overclock that high as its putting a lot of strain on the FSB and well mess my overclock on my cpu up. i know its only a matter of time until AMD fix the memory support and other things which need fixing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i have tried this and been successful in getting the hidden option to appear but have noticed for some reason cpu temps idle around 28'C use the guide u have given compared to around 16'C using the settings im runnings and i can confirm my settings are fully stable.

also didnt need to give any manul offset voltage was happy at defualt 1.352v as in the bios and in windows never pulls over that.

can u please confirm u was on about cpu phase control yes ?

minus offset voltage i was using purely for testing now gone back to using plus offset now.

i have this memory

Currently in my set up, the temps displayed in HWInfo64 drop to around '15C' when idling. Of course, that isn't accurate because ambient room temperature (around 22C at the moment) is higher than that. Seems to be common when CPU temps get low enough to be close to ambient that the temperature measurements displayed behave like this. (I'm using a Swiftech H220X AIO)

What I have noticed is that with my P state 0 set etc, my 'under load' CPU temps for doing the same thing when I was using a straight manual vcore overclock, with no P state are much lower.

For example, a gaming session with manual VCore at 4.015Ghz (and a 1.4v vcore) had the CPU temp rise to around 62C during the session.
    Same game but now with P state, the CPU temp during the session levels out at around a maximum 48C.

Again, a Cinebench run with manual Vcore, the CPU temp hit 75C. But with P State, it rose to only around 52C. Same Cinebench score, more or less in both cases. So that's interesting.

As for memory, not really much idea there. Again, it seems to depend on the die. AIDA64 claims my memory is Hynix, so not so good. But other websites claim my particular set of RAM should be Samsung if it's above a certain rev number. Which it is. Either way, my 32GB (4x8) of Vengeance LPX 3200CL16 will not run higher than 2933mhz at the moment. And getting it there required a BCLK of 110. Other people have successfully got the same memory as me to 3200mhz but they were only using 16GB (2x8)

not sure what the verision number is on my ram without checking but id imagine its 4.24. i wont be doing a BCLK overclock that high as its putting a lot of strain on the FSB and well mess my overclock on my cpu up. i know its only a matter of time until AMD fix the memory support and other things which need fixing.
    Understood. I'm hoping for a more "standard" solution as well, but I wanted to share something that can be done in the meantime. If you want to stay with a reasonable Bclk, then it is for sure a "waiting game".

New ROGer Array

I just wanted to report that I was able to get my 32GB (2x16GB) memory kit running @ 3200Mhz. I'm using BIOS 0079 w/ Ryzen 1800x @ stock and G.Skill Trident Z memory (F4-3200C16D-32GTZA, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E1682023219).

This is running at 3200Mhz w/ 18-18-18-18-36 timings and default BCLK (100Mhz). I didnt have any luck posting w/ tighter timings. ProcODT is set to 96 Ohms. DRAM Voltage is configured @ 1.35v w/ DRAM boot voltage set to 1.45v, though I'm not sure the boot voltage increase is entirely necessary.

I was also able to post using the 2666Mhz memory setting w/ a BCLK of 120Mhz, but this adversely affects other components (M.2 drops to PCIe Gen, older Emulex 10GbE adapter was not being detected). I believe I was able to use 16-16-16-16-36 timings when using the 2666Mhz setting and 120Mhz BCLK.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I have my 1800x set at mult 36, bclk 110 and all the usual voltages manually set or with offsets manually set. I have the pcie busses manually set to gen 3 except SB, set to gen 2.

I used to get random reboots/crashes overnight with linux but fixed that by disabling cpufreq. Seems linux's acpi-cpufreq driver is pulling in p-states from somewhere other than the bios (some kind of default perhaps ...i didn't look into it.. they're bad though and leads to undervolting).

My ram, according to the bios, is running at just under 3000mhz with the timings that are marked on the ram. My cpu at just under 4Ghz.

Overall, benchmarks show similar results as when i was overclocked to 4Ghz using a bclk of 100 and mult of 40 with ram @ 2666.

The big difference is temperature though. My temps (no offsets applied) show less than 40C idle and about 60C maxed. A far different story from when i changed the mult and kept the bclk alone for roughly the same overall overclock, which was showing about 50C idle and 85C maxed. Though it's possible that the cpu mult is skewing the sensors output. Not sure, i know it physically didn't feel or measure that hot with my temp gun.

Been running the setup for a number of days now and it's rock solid. I do kinda want to push the ram to it's 3200 rating but the extra 200mhz doesn't seem worth the potential instability right now. I've done a number of openbenchmark.org tests and i'm at or beating any of the other 1800x's on there so I'm happy with how it's configured now.

the Arctic cooling liquid freezer 240 is doing a very nice job and the entire system is extremely quiet.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Saikamaldoss PC Specs
    Saikamaldoss PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI
    ProcessorAMD RyZen 3200G (Placeholder)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ X 2Kits 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Vega64 - XSPC Vega Block
    MonitorLG 4K 27UD69P-W, Samsung 65 KS8000
    Storage #1Samsun 960 Pro M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 1TB x4 + M.2 Boot/os Drive
    CPU CoolerXSPC 360mm for GPU & H100i for CPU
    CaseThermaltake
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM Series, RM750, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply, Microsoft Modern
    OS Windows 10 - 1903 - 18362.356

Quote Originally Posted by jagilbertvt View Post
    I just wanted to report that I was able to get my 32GB (2x16GB) memory kit running @ 3200Mhz. I'm using BIOS 0079 w/ Ryzen 1800x @ stock and G.Skill Trident Z memory (F4-3200C16D-32GTZA, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E1682023219).

This is running at 3200Mhz w/ 18-18-18-18-36 timings and default BCLK (100Mhz). I didnt have any luck posting w/ tighter timings. ProcODT is set to 96 Ohms. DRAM Voltage is configured @ 1.35v w/ DRAM boot voltage set to 1.45v, though I'm not sure the boot voltage increase is entirely necessary.

I was also able to post using the 2666Mhz memory setting w/ a BCLK of 120Mhz, but this adversely affects other components (M.2 drops to PCIe Gen, older Emulex 10GbE adapter was not being detected). I believe I was able to use 16-16-16-16-36 timings when using the 2666Mhz setting and 120Mhz BCLK.
    Mine is same as yours but it's 14D instead of 16D. Can you tell me how to increase DRAM boot voltage to *1.45v ? I don't remember seeing anything saying VRAM boot voltage*

Quote Originally Posted by Saikamaldoss View Post
    Mine is same as yours but it's 14D instead of 16D. Can you tell me how to increase DRAM boot voltage to *1.45v ? I don't remember seeing anything saying VRAM boot voltage*
    In the Extreme Tweaker (in the BIOS) there is an entry called something like "Digi + Power Control" which takes you to a menu of a whole bunch of voltage related things. At the bottom of that list is the place to set DRAM boot voltage.
    Last edited by entropic-remnants; 04-27-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Page 27 of 267 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast