Page 172 of 267 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2664
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

So I'm surprised you went so high with auto (but you didn't mention how you checked stability).
    First get timings from 1usmus DRAM calculator and play with appropriate voltages.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBishop View Post
    So I'm surprised you went so high with auto (but you didn't mention how you checked stability).
    First get timings from 1usmus DRAM calculator and play with appropriate voltages.
    Well i know how to overclock my gpu properly, and know a days most manufacturer have there own overclocking program making it that more easy to do :P but i'm kinda a newby when it comes to RAM clocking.... to be fair i know very little about RAM overclocking since i never needed to overclock i was able to get ram working @ max speed on every system i have ever own except for ryzen :S
    To get it to work @ 3466 i just need to set Dram voltage to 1.35, and set the correct timings.

I have tried the Ryzen DRAM calculator + Thyphoon burner to calculate the correct timings/settings but i can't get it to work on Bios 1701, since Bios 3008 gets me unstable results even on 3466 which since bios 1501 works pretty stable i'm kinda clueless why i won't work!

With the 3008 bios i have managed to get a cold boot with ram on 3600 but it was unstable, random windows freezes and it froze with every game i tried to play after +/- 15 minutes.
    So after a while i changed ram back to 3466 and it worked well... well windows didn't froze as much but still had some problems while playing games, in windows event viewer everytime my system froze there was MEMORY error (sorry forget which code) no matter what freq i used for my ram.
    And after i while when i tried to switched back to 3600mhz the before working settings that let me boot with ram on 3600 did not work anymore for some reason on 3008.

The only thing i needed to change on 3008 was the DRAM voltage to 1.45 instead of 1.35 and set timings as mentioned above, the only timing i needed to set to get the system boot up with ram @ 3600 where:
    TcL 16
    tRCDWR 16
    tRCDRD 16
    tRP 16
    tRAS 32
    tRC 52
    tRRDS 7
    tRRDL 9
    tFAW 44

Now i'm back with bios 1701 with ram @ 3466 with the above mention mentioned timing and Ram voltage @ 1.35

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1903)

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    Well i know how to overclock my gpu properly, and know a days most manufacturer have there own overclocking program making it that more easy to do :P but i'm kinda a newby when it comes to RAM clocking.... to be fair i know very little about RAM overclocking since i never needed to overclock i was able to get ram working @ max speed on every system i have ever own except for ryzen :S
    To get it to work @ 3466 i just need to set Dram voltage to 1.35, and set the correct timings.

I have tried the Ryzen DRAM calculator + Thyphoon burner to calculate the correct timings/settings but i can't get it to work on Bios 1701, since Bios 3008 gets me unstable results even on 3466 which since bios 1501 works pretty stable i'm kinda clueless why i won't work!

With the 3008 bios i have managed to get a cold boot with ram on 3600 but it was unstable, random windows freezes and it froze with every game i tried to play after +/- 15 minutes.
    So after a while i changed ram back to 3466 and it worked well... well windows didn't froze as much but still had some problems while playing games, in windows event viewer everytime my system froze there was MEMORY error (sorry forget which code) no matter what freq i used for my ram.
    And after i while when i tried to switched back to 3600mhz the before working settings that let me boot with ram on 3600 did not work anymore for some reason on 3008.

The only thing i needed to change on 3008 was the DRAM voltage to 1.45 instead of 1.35 and set timings as mentioned above, the only timing i needed to set to get the system boot up with ram @ 3600 where:
    TcL 16
    tRCDWR 16
    tRCDRD 16
    tRP 16
    tRAS 32
    tRC 52
    tRRDS 7
    tRRDL 9
    tFAW 44

Now i'm back with bios 1701 with ram @ 3466 with the above mention mentioned timing and Ram voltage @ 1.35
    Could not get the settings provided by the ram calculator to work no matter the voltage. My setup gets the best performance from using the Stilt's 3466 memory preset. Outside of that ProcODT=60 Ohms and RTT is set to Disabled/ Off / RZQ/5. Ram voltage and Ram boot voltage set to 1.3700v. CadBus and MemAddress settings left on Auto. CLDO_VDDP is also on Auto. VDDP is set at .9000v. BLCK=100.4 with a multiplier of 39.25. Staying on 3008 till a better bios is released.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

You would better test RAM stability with some tools at 3466 before going to 3600. Either HCI or GSAT, prime95 custom settings is also useful (because there is correlation between RAM speed and CPU voltage, not only SOC).
    Forcing ryzen to run stable @3600 is way harder than going from 3200 to 3466.
    My old CPU couldn't do it. New one (RMA) does - but it requires manual setting of many options - not just timings and RAM voltage.

New ROGer Array

Issue so far with 3008

Some of the issues I've experience so far by moving from 1701 to 3008.
    I'm using P State overclock at 3.7GHz and using the presets for the 3200GHz on my F4-3200C14D-32GTZ memories.

The bad:
    * Would not boot with virtualization enabled (SVM) - throwing memory corruption error - works with it disabled
    * Incorrect overclocking values display in task manager windows
    * Resume from sleep issues: sound issues like any video playback would have intermittent sounds, out of sync voices when playing Dishonored 2

The good:
    * Was able to boot to 3200 on my memories with standard profile
    * Boots without any issues (no cold boot issues)

EDIT: I ran Prime95 last night. Didn't go so well. Lower memory clock speed and will run it again today.
    Last edited by CodyPredy; 12-19-2017 at 07:07 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Today i yet again flashed back to 3008, for some reason it occurred to me that while i was testing/using 3008 i was playing around with Gear down mode and some more settings/stuff :P.
    On 1701 i disabled Gear down mode while i was in bios figuring out why my LED strips (rgb header) weren't working.
    after disabling Gear down mode system froze yet again, then i realized that i never tried 3008 with gear down mode on auto/enable.........
    I'm running 3008 now with ram @ 3466 did some intensive benchmarking, gaming and other test all seems good and smooth! no freezes or crashes what so ever!

BUT!!
    The temps of my CPU jump up and down even worst as they did on 1701.
    On 1701 CPU temp on idle was between 28 and 38 Celsius, although the temp did fluctuate it did not fluctuate that much/fast as i'm experiencing on 3008, and since i have my AIO cooler set to cool regarding the CPU temps i hear my fans go crazy throttling up and down every second :S and on idle the fans run @ 38% to 50% making enough noise to ruing the movie i tried to watched :S
    On 1701 while idle the fans where quite at 25% (they also stayed that way while watching a movie :P).
    On 3008 while idle the cpu temp throttles between 32 and 51 degrees Celsius and my fans are throttling between 34 and 50% speed....

Now i can't say for sure if this i due to bios 3008, because shortly after i flashed the bios windows update from build 1607 to build 1709, and i don't know if windows somehow is making the CPU readings even worst, also i dunno if the cpu temp readings are fixed yet !?
    So i was wondering if more people seem to have temp reading issues with 3008 ?

P.s. i switched the cooling of my AIO to Liquid based the liquid temp stays steady @ 32 degrees Celsius which is normal while pc is idle!
    Last edited by jbasemoine; 12-20-2017 at 06:00 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array sadaharu PC Specs
    sadaharu PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyZen 7 1700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire HD7970 OC.
    MonitorASUS VX229H 21.5" FHD (1920x1080)
    Storage #1Transcend 220S 480 GB
    Storage #2WD 3.5" 1TB Caviar Blue SATA 3.0 7200Rpm 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNzxt h440 Matte Black
    Power SupplyCorsair GS800 80 PLUS® Bronze
    Keyboard Everest Rampage KM-R7 Keyboard
    Mouse Everest Rampage KM-R7 Mouse
    Headset Beats Solo 2
    Mouse Pad M.K. Atatürk Signature Special Black Edition
    Headset/Speakers MICROLAB M-200 (2+1) Piano Black Speaker
    OS Windows 10 Pro

After i flashed back to older BIOS i cant use my old settings.

For example with 1701 , i could use 3.9 ghz at 1.375 v , ram 3200 mhz docp standart without any problem. Stress tests are fine also.

Flashed back from 3008 to 1701 system crashes with same settings before ı used and in Cinebench 15 and even userbencmark. Not even mentioned the stress tests.

Did i burn something ? Or did you release a terrible BIOS that f... up everything again and again ?

Temps are higher too. (5-10 degree)

New ROGer Array

Time scale issue?

Hey all, I've got this pretty weird bug going on that just started after I updated to BIOS 3008. I installed the update maybe a week ago, just a couple days after it was posted on ASUS's website for our board.

Anyway, last night I noticed that my clock was about 5 minutes fast. Thought nothing of it and fixed it. Then I noticed a few minutes later it was almost 2 minutes off again. So I reset it again and was watching the Seconds counter in Windows and saw that it was going probably about twice as fast as it should. So I rebooted my PC and the time started working correctly again. Then I decided to play some GTA V with some friends and noticed that my character wasn't moving faster than normal like the night before.

So we come today and I put my PC in sleep mode once I was done using it for a bit. I came back and noticed that the time was acting weird again, so I rebooted my PC. Working fine again, so I put it in sleep mode and confirmed that the time issue begins only after bringing the PC back from sleep mode. I also confirmed that the faster moving in GTA V was caused only after this time bug was happening. I recorded both Windows issues with this bug as well as GTA V, and in doing so, I found that recording this bug in GTA V (or with any audio I would imagine) the audio is very choppy, which also coincides with a video I took of friends doing things in GTA V the other night when I first found my character moving fast.

So below I've included some YouTube links. First 2 are from just Windows showing the Seconds counter moving fast/normal and the text cursor blinking fast/normal. Last 2 links show GTA V loading, and character movement etc moving fast/normal. I would imagine this bug has to do with the BIOS 3008 update, but just for information's sake, I also updated to the latest Chipset drivers from AMD the same night I updated to 3008. Hopefully I'm not the only one with this weird bug and we can actually confirm that this is an issue that needs to be fixed.

Issue in Windows before a restart

Issue in Windows after a restart (no issue)

Issue in GTA V before a restart (warning, audio may hurt to listen to)

Issue in GTA V after a restart (no issue)

New ROGer Array

Weird sleep issue

Quote Originally Posted by N3XU5 View Post
    Hey all, I've got this pretty weird bug going on that just started after I updated to BIOS 3008. I installed the update maybe a week ago, just a couple days after it was posted on ASUS's website for our board.

Anyway, last night I noticed that my clock was about 5 minutes fast. Thought nothing of it and fixed it. Then I noticed a few minutes later it was almost 2 minutes off again. So I reset it again and was watching the Seconds counter in Windows and saw that it was going probably about twice as fast as it should. So I rebooted my PC and the time started working correctly again. Then I decided to play some GTA V with some friends and noticed that my character wasn't moving faster than normal like the night before.

So we come today and I put my PC in sleep mode once I was done using it for a bit. I came back and noticed that the time was acting weird again, so I rebooted my PC. Working fine again, so I put it in sleep mode and confirmed that the time issue begins only after bringing the PC back from sleep mode. I also confirmed that the faster moving in GTA V was caused only after this time bug was happening. I recorded both Windows issues with this bug as well as GTA V, and in doing so, I found that recording this bug in GTA V (or with any audio I would imagine) the audio is very choppy, which also coincides with a video I took of friends doing things in GTA V the other night when I first found my character moving fast.

So below I've included some YouTube links. First 2 are from just Windows showing the Seconds counter moving fast/normal and the text cursor blinking fast/normal. Last 2 links show GTA V loading, and character movement etc moving fast/normal. I would imagine this bug has to do with the BIOS 3008 update, but just for information's sake, I also updated to the latest Chipset drivers from AMD the same night I updated to 3008. Hopefully I'm not the only one with this weird bug and we can actually confirm that this is an issue that needs to be fixed.

Issue in Windows before a restart

Issue in Windows after a restart (no issue)

Issue in GTA V before a restart (warning, audio may hurt to listen to)

Issue in GTA V after a restart (no issue)
    Yeap. Experiencing some weird issues myself (also check my other post here).

Currently experienced this in Overwatch and Dishonored 2 since these are the most recent I've played since updating to 3008. Started noticing this weird behaviour when resuming from sleep.

Like you said. It's easily fixable by restarting the system.

EDIT: In Overwatch the effect is similar to rubber banding - runs normally then stops my character in place then resumes.
    Dishonored 2 - the lip sync is fast forwarding skipping audio dialog sections.
    Last edited by CodyPredy; 12-21-2017 at 08:36 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

New test bios (3101) based on AGESA 1.1.0.0 posted by Elmor here. It doesn't fix anything though according to him, just an update to the new AGESA

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aix1a4...-ASUS-3101.zip

Page 172 of 267 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast