Page 196 of 277 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2768
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    Although I am not running 6001, I have always run my SOC at 1.135 when my RAM is running at 3,200MHz. You might want to try 1.12 and a few others in between first to see if you don't need as much, but 1.1 seems a bit low, at least from my own personal experience.
    This is probably true. I didn't even try to overclock RAM yet. Basically, when you want to overclock PC, you first overclock separately CPU and RAM, and then you try both. I am finishing CPU overclock and strating RAM overclock. I have 3000Mhz 2x16GB RAM and for starting test I run CinebenchR15 and it works with SoC 1.087V. I can't say it is stable because it passed only CinebenchR15 and I just started testing. You need to learn about voltage at idle and at load. For example I set manual SoC to 1.1V in BIOS and monitoring with HWiNFO64 SoC at idle is 1.096V and at load SoC is 1.086V. Which means 2x16GB @3000Mhz is stable at SoC of 1.086V for CinebenchR15.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

So i've been checking to make sure this config is all stable. So far so good.

Got some readings from phoronix that let me know i'm in the right ballpark.

Compared to the stock 1800x in this test below, my numbers are anywhere from 12-20% better. sometimes more and a couple times less. Not bad. Could probably do better if i put the other two fans on my radiator that i never installed.

(mine are at the end labeled 4Ghz 3200Mhz)
    https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...FO-1802172FO52

this is done with bclk at 109Mhz, all pcie at gen 3 cept usb at gen2, cpu custom p-state p2 at 1.6Ghz 900mv, p1 and p0 at auto (causes system to clock p0 at 4Ghz @ 1.35v). I'm using offset voltages to bring that up a bit. Ram is at 3200Mhz 14 14 14 - but it's rank 2 being that it's 64GB.

Temps max at around 75C, leading eventually to the cpu throttling frequency down to 3.8Ghz. I really should put all the fans on the radiator rather than half. With half, it seems incapable of dealing with the 130-ish wattage the cpu is putting out when under load. And when playing with voltage at 4GHz, it's _very_ easy to hit 200watts on this cpu that's supposedly designated for 95w tdp. Every 0.1v you can lower and be stable is significant at those speeds.

I've had 0 crashes after a couple days of some very strenuous stress testing, despite the high temps i'm letting it reach. So i'm happy with this bios - even if the same company seems to make so much better ones for intel when it comes to basic stability.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1903)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximusst View Post
    Unfortunately not the desired result with the 1.1V soc voltage, still running stable @ 2900 using the 60001 bios so far.
    First one needs to find what SOC voltage works best for them. I have never needed to change my setting off Offset of - .01875 for any speed I aim to run. If a lower or higher voltage is set, HCI and programs error out. After that voltage is found there is the 2.5V SB Voltage setting that will need to be adjusted among others. Overall the settings that have been adjusted are:

• VTTDDR - the manual settings are never exactly at half the ram voltage setting. best results, for me, have consistently been with this set at the value closest to half without going over. Need to find out what your setup prefers.
    • VPP_MEM - have not been able to achieve stability with this set to default (2.5v) when running tighter than rated timings. Secondary and tertiary timings set as bios set values, 2.49 was liked. Tighter secondary and tertiary 2.495 was preferred.
    • VDDP - Only time adjusted this off of .900 was running tighter secondary and tertiary timings, then it went to .915
    • 1.05 SB Voltage - have been running this at 1.0625 since day one (mainly stabilized cpu oc)
    • 2.5V SB Voltage - Bios set, "Auto", secondary and tertiary timings no adjustment was needed. Both overall groups set tighter, needed more voltage here
    • CLDO_VDDP - "Auto" has been improved. Personally have not needed to experiment with this setting outside of two settings since 3008. Those values are 945 and 975. Currently at 945 (set when tightened the tertiary timings)

Adjusting SOC voltage outside of what one's setup prefers may compensate for the above settings. Adjusting SOC will not always compensate for the above. Getting to understand your setup's preferences takes observation, time, and patience.
    Last edited by Clouseau; 02-19-2018 at 05:20 PM.

ROG Member Array

What programs do you use to stress test overclocked RAM?

Clouseau PC Specs
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    CaseThermaltake Core X9

HCI Memtest is what is used.

Do not care for Memtest86+ or whatever it is now. Have had ram fail according to that program yet function perfectly. Once that happened, have never even considered using it since.

Gold Standard is considered when the test reaches 1000% coverage. For me, when it reaches 800% it is time to see how it reacts with "every day" use. I have had settings breeze by 1000% without errors but still end up causing errors in programs. At that point, HCI is almost pointless. That point is when the program or game that is experiencing the error is used as a determining factor. Once the error is eliminated, HCI Memtest is run again to see if it will still reach the 800% without error.

I oc differently than most. The first component nailed down is the cpu. Ram is run at JEDEC DDR4-2133 specs while nailing down the cpu oc. That way the cpu portion has mostly been removed from the equation and allows me to see how fast the ram can be run given the speed I want the cpu at.

A bit more than what was asked but feel how a particular test program is used is just as important.

ROG Member Array

I am overclocking the same way as you, first CPU then RAM. I know pretty much everything about CPU overclocking and I though I know a lot about RAM overclocking, but strange thing happened.

When I set CAS15 @2933RAM VDD 1.35V and SoC to auto, I had SoC at 1.05V passed all stress test as you heard off. I didn't try to set the lowest SoC as possible. And with new BIOS started to test my RAM which is originally 3000MHz, I set CAS15 @3000Mhz VDD 1.35V and SoC to 0.938V at load with AIDA64 (you can select RAM test) and it worked for 10+ minutes. I was like how is this possible.

For example I know exactly what is the easiest and what is the hardest stress test for CPU. I currently don't how strong is this AIDA64 RAM test, so from now on I will try to get as much information about how SoC could be so low with 3000Mhz RAM, and I will search for best stress tests for RAM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

if memtest86 says your ram is bad, then your cpu or ram is corrupting memory. The program simply doesn't make false positives. It's old, the code is well reviewed, it's not dependent on anything about the OS if you boot directly to it. If it says something is wrong, then something is wrong. It may not be a physical defect, but data is getting corrupted and you would get corruption if nothing is changed under a normally operating setup under similar strain.

in a similar vein, other synthetic stress testers put the cpu into levels of stress that are beyond realistic - and to an extent that's the point. If you survive it, you can survive anything. OCCT with avx is what i use for cpu and memory stress testing. Now it wont test if your memory is faulty, but it will stress it and your cpu to the limits. Some people run it for 24 hours, to me, i just run it for about half an hour to an hour. If it survives, it's good enough for me.

But i would totally not bin memtest86. It's an extremely useful program in tracking down bad blocks of ram if you've otherwise, put your system in a stable setup and still get weird issues that can really only be faulty hardware.

Clouseau PC Specs
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    CaseThermaltake Core X9

However you feel is the way you feel. I happen to have a different opinion about the program. Your experiences are different from mine. Does not make either opinion more or less correct than the other. Like stated, I lost all confidence in the program when it failed ram that worked perfectly after it failed. What the cause of the failure is meaningless. The same ram functioned perfectly in the setup it failed in. I was asked what I used and answered. Does not mean Memtest86 is a bad program. It is just a program I had a bad experience with. Chalk it up to whatever you like. Does and will not change how either of us feel about the program.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array SIMONHANDLEY1 PC Specs
    SIMONHANDLEY1 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Don't be silly
    MotherboardAsus - CROSSHAIR VIII HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard
    ProcessorAMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 4.3GHz 8-Core Processor (OC to 4.366 ghz)
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3466 Memory
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2Can't afford it!
    Graphics Card #3Still can't afford it!
    Graphics Card #4What did I just say!
    Sound CardEh!
    MonitorACER 144Hz 2K Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung - 860 Evo 1000GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Samsung - 860 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    CPU CoolerNZXT - Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseEVGA DG-77 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1000 80+ Platinum 1000w ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Asus Cerberus LED Backlit USB Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Asus Cerberus gaming mouse
    Headset Sennheiser - HD205-II Headphones
    Mouse Pad Asus Cerberus gaming surface mouse pad
    Headset/Speakers Speakers, my wife would kill me!
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 BraZen Shadow PC Gaming Chair - Black/White

I have a question, I purchased this: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/dominat...gx4m2c3200c14t and I am currently having issues with getting the ram to it's full potential, I can currently get the frequency to 2666 no problems, do I need to increase the (ram) voltage to 1.3v, if so how do I do it in the bios.

Thanks Simon.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SIMONHANDLEY1 View Post
    I have a question, I purchased this: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/dominat...gx4m2c3200c14t and I am currently having issues with getting the ram to it's full potential, I can currently get the frequency to 2666 no problems, do I need to increase the (ram) voltage to 1.3v, if so how do I do it in the bios.

Thanks Simon.
    The easiest way is. Everything other should be set buy default.
    Extreame Tweaker:
    -> Ai Overclock Tuner: D.O.C.P. Standard

For advanced you will need to learn little more about RAM settings.

Page 196 of 277 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 ... LastLast