Page 257 of 277 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2768
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by magnafides View Post
    reports that 7106 giving POST errors, and supplying too much voltage to the CPU, risking degradation or permanent damage.
    Could you provide some links or additional info on this? I'm using the very first C6H mobo released with a Ryzen 1800X CPU. Apart from the no-mouse and no-keyboard detect issue in the BIOS itself, my system has been stable. No issues with posting or anything else. But I would downgrade the BIOS if there are voltage issues.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by usernameistooshort View Post
    Could you provide some links or additional info on this? I'm using the very first C6H mobo released with a Ryzen 1800X CPU. Apart from the no-mouse and no-keyboard detect issue in the BIOS itself, my system has been stable. No issues with posting or anything else. But I would downgrade the BIOS if there are voltage issues.
    It's all over the place, though I did come across a comment chain posted recently by AMD's Robert Hallock suggesting that the reports of high idle voltage are nothing to worry about:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...en_power_plans

As for issues with POST there are several reports on the overclock.net thread, starting around here:
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...read-4115.html
    The issue seems to be consistently occurring after powering down the system.

It would still be nice for Asus to officially support the 3000-series CPUs on the C6H, otherwise ASUS support will not help you.
    Oddly enough the X370 Prime Pro has 3000-series CPUs on their officially-supported list.
    Even the $700 Crosshair VIII Formula doesn't officially support anything past the 3600x. It's definitely an oversight, but when those lists are what support is using to decide whether or not they will help you, it's a big deal.

Even a "we're aware and are working on it" would be better than nothing.
    Last edited by magnafides; 07-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.

ROG Member Array

It's all over the place, though I did come across a comment chain posted recently by AMD's Robert Hallock suggesting that the reports of high idle voltage are nothing to worry about:

As for issues with POST there are several reports on the overclock.net thread, starting around here:

It would still be nice for Asus to officially support the 3000-series CPUs on the C6H, otherwise ASUS support will not help you.
    Oddly enough the X370 Prime Pro has 3000-series CPUs on their officially-supported list.
    Even the $700 Crosshair VIII Formula doesn't officially support anything past the 3600x. It's definitely an oversight, but when those lists are what support is using to decide whether or not they will help you, it's a big deal.

Thanks! So the voltage thing seems to be a Microsoft vs AMD issue in Windows. I run Linux, so I'm guessing not really an issue I should be concerned about. Even then the post seems to clarify that it really isn't an "issue". As for posting, I don't have any issues with cold boots.

ROG Junior Member Array

Couldn't agree more and now when Ryzen 3000 series availability has improved, there are more and more threads popping up with C6H and Ryzen 3000 having "NO POST" issues, e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...3700x_and_c6h/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...shair_vi_hero/ + overclock.net forum posts users reporting...

Asus would need to think this long-term and user point of view; C6H was high-end, one of the most expensive boards when it came 2017. If I don't get soon support for new Ryzen series, I'm going to buy a new MB but it isn't going to be Asus. There are a lot of C6H users out there so please fix it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by januz View Post
    Asus would need to think this long-term and user point of view; C6H was high-end, one of the most expensive boards when it came 2017. If I don't get soon support for new Ryzen series, I'm going to buy a new MB but it isn't going to be Asus. There are a lot of C6H users out there so please fix it.
    In my case I am coming over to AMD from Intel for the first time in over 10 years -- I bought a C6H brand new specifically because Asus said 3000 would be supported. If I don't see some sort of progress in the next week I am going to return it and buy something else, and it won't be Asus. I don't mean this to sound like a threat, it's just reality.
    Last edited by magnafides; 07-10-2019 at 05:51 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

At least MSI has come out and communicated about the BIOS being a beta and that it is temporary. They've also said to expect a BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB by next week. What information has Asus given us?
    Bricking RAID configuration is worst than not having the last PBO options for a 3 day old released CPU.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alessio1989 View Post
    Bricking RAID configuration is worst than not having the last PBO options for a 3 day old released CPU.
    While CPU has been available for end-users (consumers) for 3 days, that doesn't mean vendors like Asus wouldn't have had chance to use/test Ryzen at least for a month. Also, it should not come as a surprise that launch was 7/7 so planning etc everything needs to reflect that. If they can't keep up with BIOS releases for each MB/platform they still support, they need to add more staff, reduce number of available models or sell MB's shorter period of time so they would go EoL quicker. Simple as that.

Btw, Asus is doing same mistake again with 570X launch, ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and ASUS ROG Strix X570-E don't have much difference, yet it adds complexity to their lineup and will cause issues with future upgrade.

PS. This launch was extremely easy for MB vendors, compared to e.g. Ryzen 1st gen launch (Q1/2017), during that time Intel also rolled out their Kaby Lake which I can understand created timing etc issues but nothing from Intel now so MB vendors were able to focus 100% on AMD.
    EDIT: Not to mention X570 was designed in-house by AMD without any 3rd party involvement so collaboration between MB vendors and AMD was seamless compared to previous releases.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array SIMONHANDLEY1 PC Specs
    SIMONHANDLEY1 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Don't be silly
    MotherboardAsus - CROSSHAIR VIII HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard
    ProcessorAMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 4.3GHz 8-Core Processor (OC to 4.366 ghz)
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3466 Memory
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2Can't afford it!
    Graphics Card #3Still can't afford it!
    Graphics Card #4What did I just say!
    Sound CardEh!
    MonitorACER 144Hz 2K Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung - 860 Evo 1000GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Samsung - 860 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    CPU CoolerNZXT - Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseEVGA DG-77 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1000 80+ Platinum 1000w ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Asus Cerberus LED Backlit USB Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Asus Cerberus gaming mouse
    Headset Sennheiser - HD205-II Headphones
    Mouse Pad Asus Cerberus gaming surface mouse pad
    Headset/Speakers Speakers, my wife would kill me!
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 BraZen Shadow PC Gaming Chair - Black/White

I am curious to see if the 3700x will work with my crosshair vi hero, has anyone else had any positive experiences with the new ryzens?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR9 5900X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3800MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 ULTRA
    Sound CardMotu M2
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #11TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe
    Storage #2plenty
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Chromax.black
    CaseNZXT H700
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by SIMONHANDLEY1 View Post
    I am curious to see if the 3700x will work with my crosshair vi hero, has anyone else had any positive experiences with the new ryzens?

I've seen great results with CH VI on other forums, high cpu clocks, high memory clocks. No need to worry, overall a fine board!

Bioses from Asus still buggy though, expect some quirks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    I've seen great results with CH VI on other forums, high cpu clocks, high memory clocks. No need to worry, overall a fine board!

Bioses from Asus still buggy though, expect some quirks.
    What forums are those? For each person saying it works fine there is another person saying they can't even POST.

Page 257 of 277 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 ... LastLast