CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i
    CaseThermaltake veiw 71 case
    Power Supplycorsair 1200w
    Keyboard Corsair k95 rgb
    Mouse corsair m65 pro rgb
    Mouse Pad corsair mm800 rgb polaris
    Headset/Speakers logitech 5.1
    OS windows 10 pro

the 3-gen zen 9 cpu may not work on this board if they can't get a bios for it. i hope they do i would like to try that 12core cpu
    amd ryzen 7 1800x
    CROSSHAIR Vi hero
    Corsair Hydro Series H115i
    G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 32gb 4x8gb
    asus rog strix gtx 1080
    TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb and a 1tb mushkin ssd
    corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
    LG DVD BURNER
    corsair obsidian 750d case

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo_z View Post
    any update when asus is going to release the bios with latest 1.0.0.3AB AGESA?

version 7106 is not working fine with ZEN2. https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post28029716
    Asus really needs to do something about this, specifically w.r.t. reports that 7106 giving POST errors, and supplying too much voltage to the CPU, risking degradation or permanent damage. Asus put out a press release several weeks ago touting Ryzen 3000 support for many of their boards including all C6H variants, the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM we should have at this point in time is a BIOS that doesn't fail to POST, and isn't going to damage the components. Since we don't have that, I think we at least deserve a little bit of transparency on what the heck is going on. I specifically bought this board bases on Asus claiming support for Ryzen 3000.
    Last edited by magnafides; 07-09-2019 at 04:17 PM.

ROG Member Array

At least ASUS still didn't cripple the BIOS like MSI removing the RAID interface...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alessio1989 View Post
    At least ASUS still didn't cripple the BIOS like MSI removing the RAID interface...
    At least MSI has come out and communicated about the BIOS being a beta and that it is temporary. They've also said to expect a BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB by next week. What information has Asus given us?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by magnafides View Post
    reports that 7106 giving POST errors, and supplying too much voltage to the CPU, risking degradation or permanent damage.
    Could you provide some links or additional info on this? I'm using the very first C6H mobo released with a Ryzen 1800X CPU. Apart from the no-mouse and no-keyboard detect issue in the BIOS itself, my system has been stable. No issues with posting or anything else. But I would downgrade the BIOS if there are voltage issues.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by usernameistooshort View Post
    Could you provide some links or additional info on this? I'm using the very first C6H mobo released with a Ryzen 1800X CPU. Apart from the no-mouse and no-keyboard detect issue in the BIOS itself, my system has been stable. No issues with posting or anything else. But I would downgrade the BIOS if there are voltage issues.
    It's all over the place, though I did come across a comment chain posted recently by AMD's Robert Hallock suggesting that the reports of high idle voltage are nothing to worry about:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...en_power_plans

As for issues with POST there are several reports on the overclock.net thread, starting around here:
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...read-4115.html
    The issue seems to be consistently occurring after powering down the system.

It would still be nice for Asus to officially support the 3000-series CPUs on the C6H, otherwise ASUS support will not help you.
    Oddly enough the X370 Prime Pro has 3000-series CPUs on their officially-supported list.
    Even the $700 Crosshair VIII Formula doesn't officially support anything past the 3600x. It's definitely an oversight, but when those lists are what support is using to decide whether or not they will help you, it's a big deal.

Even a "we're aware and are working on it" would be better than nothing.
    Last edited by magnafides; 07-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.

ROG Member Array

It's all over the place, though I did come across a comment chain posted recently by AMD's Robert Hallock suggesting that the reports of high idle voltage are nothing to worry about:

As for issues with POST there are several reports on the overclock.net thread, starting around here:

It would still be nice for Asus to officially support the 3000-series CPUs on the C6H, otherwise ASUS support will not help you.
    Oddly enough the X370 Prime Pro has 3000-series CPUs on their officially-supported list.
    Even the $700 Crosshair VIII Formula doesn't officially support anything past the 3600x. It's definitely an oversight, but when those lists are what support is using to decide whether or not they will help you, it's a big deal.

Thanks! So the voltage thing seems to be a Microsoft vs AMD issue in Windows. I run Linux, so I'm guessing not really an issue I should be concerned about. Even then the post seems to clarify that it really isn't an "issue". As for posting, I don't have any issues with cold boots.

ROG Junior Member Array

Couldn't agree more and now when Ryzen 3000 series availability has improved, there are more and more threads popping up with C6H and Ryzen 3000 having "NO POST" issues, e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...3700x_and_c6h/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...shair_vi_hero/ + overclock.net forum posts users reporting...

Asus would need to think this long-term and user point of view; C6H was high-end, one of the most expensive boards when it came 2017. If I don't get soon support for new Ryzen series, I'm going to buy a new MB but it isn't going to be Asus. There are a lot of C6H users out there so please fix it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by januz View Post
    Asus would need to think this long-term and user point of view; C6H was high-end, one of the most expensive boards when it came 2017. If I don't get soon support for new Ryzen series, I'm going to buy a new MB but it isn't going to be Asus. There are a lot of C6H users out there so please fix it.
    In my case I am coming over to AMD from Intel for the first time in over 10 years -- I bought a C6H brand new specifically because Asus said 3000 would be supported. If I don't see some sort of progress in the next week I am going to return it and buy something else, and it won't be Asus. I don't mean this to sound like a threat, it's just reality.
    Last edited by magnafides; 07-10-2019 at 05:51 PM.

ROG Member Array

At least MSI has come out and communicated about the BIOS being a beta and that it is temporary. They've also said to expect a BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB by next week. What information has Asus given us?
    Bricking RAID configuration is worst than not having the last PBO options for a 3 day old released CPU.

Page 257 of 267 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 ... LastLast