MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1903)

Quote Originally Posted by Saikamaldoss View Post
    the mismatch comes from windows tool as I am unable to use USB stick to flash. the computer was off when I tried USB flash. I first shut the computer down , then disconnected power and then turned on power switch and tried it when the system is still off. but as soon as SMPS powers up, the reset green starts glowing..

I have done this before when moving to 9945.

I did a load default, then I booted my computer and it too 2 restarts to get the default and was booted to desktop . I used CPUZ to confirm ram speed and it was at 2133 which means it reset and I then shut the computer down. then used the switch on PSU to turn it off completely. then turned on power switch on PSU and then inserted USB stick that is formatted in FAT 32 and it has the 9945 file renamed to CH6.CAP ..

Still no luck..

when I hold down bios button, it flashes and then keeps flashing till i let me finger go off the button.

once I let go, it flashes for 3 or 4 times and then it becomes steady as if it is flashing. but the problem is that is stays there for ever... i tired this many times and let the computer stay for hours while the blue light is steady. noting happens..

I am done trying.. I will stick to 1.401.. hope to see 1.0.0.6a
    The bios flashback does not like any of the USB3.0 sticks I have. It did like an old USB2.0 stick I still had and is currently only 1 of 3 sticks it works with. Just hoping none of the three sticks go bad before this issue gets corrected. This board is more finicky than my M32AMVP board was. But for me bios 1403 is the best bios version to date. Do not envy Elmor or Raja. They are in a position to have to deal with legitimate complaints that take a while to fix. Patience is not a virtue I have in spades but is needed at this point in time.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    CaseThermaltake Core X9

the mismatch comes from windows tool as I am unable to use USB stick to flash. the computer was off when I tried USB flash. I first shut the computer down , then disconnected power and then turned on power switch and tried it when the system is still off. but as soon as SMPS powers up, the reset green starts glowing..

I have done this before when moving to 9945.

I did a load default, then I booted my computer and it too 2 restarts to get the default and was booted to desktop . I used CPUZ to confirm ram speed and it was at 2133 which means it reset and I then shut the computer down. then used the switch on PSU to turn it off completely. then turned on power switch on PSU and then inserted USB stick that is formatted in FAT 32 and it has the 9945 file renamed to CH6.CAP ..

Still no luck..

when I hold down bios button, it flashes and then keeps flashing till i let me finger go off the button.

once I let go, it flashes for 3 or 4 times and then it becomes steady as if it is flashing. but the problem is that is stays there for ever... i tired this many times and let the computer stay for hours while the blue light is steady. noting happens..

I am done trying.. I will stick to 1.401.. hope to see 1.0.0.6a
    Just noticed, if it is a typo, then so be it. But the file needs to be named C6H.CAP not like was typed "CH6.CAP"

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Directly from Elmor:

C6H beta UEFI 1403

* Fixed W_PUMP and AIO_PUMP speeds during POST
    * Fixed Fan tuning sometimes failing
    * Fixed a few issues with AMD USB3.1 ports
    * Some tuning on DRAM settings, let us know how they work for you. tRDRD_Sc is still at 5 above 3500 MHz as it helps with stability. For performance you want to force this to 1. We'll consider changing this in future releases as the performance impact can be quite noticeable in certain applications.

An update on DRAM Boot Voltage, currently it should be 1.35V by default if the DRAM Voltage is changed. So if you're setting DRAM Voltage to above 1.35V, you might want to sync this setting. Additionally there might be scenarios where you will have better luck by syncing DRAM Boot Voltage to DRAM Voltage even at lower values.
    Hi,

Just updated to the lastest BIOS and I have an issue with the new bios. For some reason when I boot up, it removes two of my hard drives. Both of the drives are Samsung, one is an SSD the other a normal HD. I have to restart the system and then it boots fine. Did not have this issue with the last BIOS only the new bios just updated.

Any ideas please! THANKS...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Saikamaldoss PC Specs
    Saikamaldoss PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI
    ProcessorAMD RyZen 3200G (Placeholder)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ X 2Kits 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Vega64 - XSPC Vega Block
    MonitorLG 4K 27UD69P-W, Samsung 65 KS8000
    Storage #1Samsun 960 Pro M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 1TB x4 + M.2 Boot/os Drive
    CPU CoolerXSPC 360mm for GPU & H100i for CPU
    CaseThermaltake
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM Series, RM750, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply, Microsoft Modern
    OS Windows 10 - 1903 - 18362.356

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    Just noticed, if it is a typo, then so be it. But the file needs to be named C6H.CAP not like was typed "CH6.CAP"
    oops... *ya that was just a typo.*

Still no luck. I even tried removing CMOS battery and waited for 1min and still no luck.. *

The bios flashback does not like any of the USB3.0 sticks I have. It did like an old USB2.0 stick I still had and is currently only 1 of 3 sticks it works with. Just hoping none of the three sticks go bad before this issue gets corrected. This board is more finicky than my M32AMVP board was. But for me bios 1403 is the best bios version to date. Do not envy Elmor or Raja. They are in a position to have to deal with legitimate complaints that take a while to fix. Patience is not a virtue I have in spades but is needed at this point in time.
    I agree but I have used the same drive every time to upgrade. Even today I upgraded to 1403 and again downgraded to 1401. I think it’s a hard lock. No wonder non of the support guys replying.*

I wanted to ask a favor, can you export your bios settings from over lock profile and upload it ? I wanted to try 3400mhz on ram *
    Last edited by Saikamaldoss; 07-19-2017 at 04:20 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    CaseThermaltake Core X9

...I wanted to ask a favor, can you export your bios settings from over lock profile and upload it ? I wanted to try 3400mhz on ram *
    If a particular timing is not listed, it was left on Auto.

Memory Frequency: 3466
    Volatge: 1.3200 (this is what my board needs to be set at for 1.35v)
    CL - 15
    tRCD - 15
    tRP - 15
    tRAS - 35
    tRC - 50
    tRRDS - 7
    tRRDL - 9
    tWTRS - 5
    tWTRL - 13
    tWR - 26
    tRFC1 - 607
    tRFC2 - 451
    tRFC4 - 278
    Cmd2T - 1T
    Geardown - Disabled
    Power Down - Disabled

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

So this is a follow up to my last post. Apparently, the data linux is pulling from the system is not accurate since it's pulling acpi info and being overclocked. So i'm rock stable after hours of stress testing at 3200Mhz with 64GB of dual rank ram while the cpu is at 4Ghz.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Saikamaldoss PC Specs
    Saikamaldoss PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI
    ProcessorAMD RyZen 3200G (Placeholder)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ X 2Kits 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Vega64 - XSPC Vega Block
    MonitorLG 4K 27UD69P-W, Samsung 65 KS8000
    Storage #1Samsun 960 Pro M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 1TB x4 + M.2 Boot/os Drive
    CPU CoolerXSPC 360mm for GPU & H100i for CPU
    CaseThermaltake
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM Series, RM750, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply, Microsoft Modern
    OS Windows 10 - 1903 - 18362.356

If a particular timing is not listed, it was left on Auto.

Memory Frequency: 3466
    Volatge: 1.3200 (this is what my board needs to be set at for 1.35v)
    CL - 15
    tRCD - 15
    tRP - 15
    tRAS - 35
    tRC - 50
    tRRDS - 7
    tRRDL - 9
    tWTRS - 5
    tWTRL - 13
    tWR - 26
    tRFC1 - 607
    tRFC2 - 451
    tRFC4 - 278
    Cmd2T - 1T
    Geardown - Disabled
    Power Down - Disabled
    Thanks. Didn’t work for me *

ROG Enthusiast Array MattTheTech PC Specs
    MattTheTech PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Nothing Interesting
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)3200C14D-16GFX (32GB Total)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Sound CardHT Omega eCLARO
    Monitor3 Wall Mounted-1x Samsung 55" 4K TV (Runs 1440p 120hz), 2x LG 32" 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CPU CoolerEKWB Dual Custom Water Loop
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair RGB k70 Lux V2
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 Custom Built Surround Sound System
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900p
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

concessao

Quote Originally Posted by Formula1Dragon View Post
    Hi,

Just updated to the lastest BIOS and I have an issue with the new bios. For some reason when I boot up, it removes two of my hard drives. Both of the drives are Samsung, one is an SSD the other a normal HD. I have to restart the system and then it boots fine. Did not have this issue with the last BIOS only the new bios just updated.

Any ideas please! THANKS...
    Hello. I am having this SAME EXACT Issue. I haven't noticed it on 2 Ports though. I have only noticed it on one. I have a dual boot setup, one Samsung 850 Pro booting to Windows 7 with CSM on, the drive plugged into Sata Port 1, absolutely no problems with this Boot. Boots every single time. Then when Booting to Windows 10, with a completely separate drive, plugged into the second Port, and booting with CSM turned off, it boots from Cold Boot Every Single Time. But when Booted up into the operating system, and restarting, instead of booting it reads no compatible boot drive because CSM is turned off, and autmatically boots into the BIOS. Then when you go to the boot menu to select the right drive to boot from, nothing is there. So then you go to look at the Sata drives it detects under advanced, and all of my drives are there, EXCEPT for the 2nd Sata drive that houses the Windows 10 Boot Drive. Now usually at this point I just reboot, and sometimes it shows up on the first reboot, sometimes I have to reboot 2 or 3 times, and then it boots, but it is an awfully weird issue. I just built my Ryzen Rig, so I don't know anything other than the Official 1403 Uefi, and Memory was not a problem for me, I was able to boot from the DOCP profile 3200Mhz just fine the first time, but this is the biggest issue for me.

The other issue I have isn't really a issue with the board itself, its more a limiting factor with the Chipset, but it would be nice to see Asus give us enthusiasts a little more control over this, but I will post this in another post to make this one not so long... A fix on this issue, or a work around would be awesome! Thanks!

ROG Enthusiast Array MattTheTech PC Specs
    MattTheTech PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Nothing Interesting
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)3200C14D-16GFX (32GB Total)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Sound CardHT Omega eCLARO
    Monitor3 Wall Mounted-1x Samsung 55" 4K TV (Runs 1440p 120hz), 2x LG 32" 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CPU CoolerEKWB Dual Custom Water Loop
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair RGB k70 Lux V2
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 Custom Built Surround Sound System
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900p
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

My Wish...

So My only other issue with this Platform is nothing wrong with the Board itself, more of a chipset limitation, but it would be incredibly nice to see ASUS give us a little more control.

So I just built my new Ryzen Rig. I use all 3 PCIEx16 slots, plus one of my PCIEx1 Slots, which I didn't realize was impossible until I actually started poring through the manual. I know this is my fault for not throughly researching the PCIE Lanes on Ryzen and this board, but still it would be nice to get some more control over how our PCIE Lanes are being used.

So My GTX 1070 Is plugged into the First Slot of course. Then my x4 HP 4 Port GBe Card is plugged into the Port directly Below. I understand that with a card plugged into that second x16 slot (that runs at x8) that the first slot drops to by 8. But on my previous Board that only happened when you put that second card was in Crossfire or SLI, so I was hoping that would be the case here. Of course because these ports are directly into the CPU and Ryzen only has 16 lanes off the CPU that should have told me that wasn't possible there. I understand my stupidity. But I was hoping, maybe sometime down the line, that ASUS could give us a UEFI update that allows us to Route 12 Lanes to the First Slot for the GPU, and 4 Lanes to the Second Slot, if we only need x4 Lanes for the Card in the second slot. That way, with 12 Lanes of PCIE3 we could still be pushing are Graphics cards to the limit without limiting them by a x8 port, and not waste in extra 4 lanes if we are only plugging in a x4 card to the second slot. I know its hoping for a lot, and I am dreaming, but I am just putting it out there. If we had that kind of control I think it makes this platform that much more appealing.

Then my second wish is that bottom x4 Slot. I have a x4 USB3 PCIE2 card that I plugged into that slot. It uses all 4 Lanes, and when I have it set in a x4 Configuration it stops me from using my Sound Card that is plugged into a x1 slot. It would be incredibly nice, to have the option to turn off our Front USB3.1 Front Panel Connector, and Route that Bandwidth to our PCIE Bus. So that I could have my x4 Card Running, and my x1 Sound Card. That x1 Sound Card doesn't take up that much Bandwidth. It would be nice to be able to atleast have it use a little bit of that front USB3.1 Slot that I am not using. Or give us the option to reroute the Lanes from the M2 slot if we aren't using it. I plan to use that M2 Slot in the future, but for now I am not, so it would be nice to still be able to utilize those lanes on the board for something I am using it for.

I know Ryzen is a Great Platform for Content Creators. I am a Audio Engineer who Mixes on Protools at Night, and runs a Network Consulting Business in the Day, my workload differs dramatically depending on the task at hand, and it would be great to have that level of control over how our limited amount of PCIE lanes are being used. I understand the average person isn't going to get a benifit this, but us power hungry enthusiasts are. So I was just wondering, if after all the other bugs are worked out, if we might be able to get that level of control in a future UEFI. Maybe I am dreaming. Anyways, Thank You!

MattTheTechLV

ROG Guru: White Belt Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x @ 4,4Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Trident Z F4 @3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse GoErgo
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Error Amplifier (Windows 10 Pro 64 Build 2004)

Hello Community

Pls excuse, if this question was allready answerd, but I haven't found any infos.

Are there any differences between the official Bios 1403 and the 1403 Beta?
    Asus Support chat wasn't able to tell me.

Thanks in advance!

Greets -Fox

Page 90 of 271 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast