Page 240 of 273 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2721
  1. #2391
    ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 Gaming advanced
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    I wish I had an AGESA update, as this C6H is so unstable ...

    Attachment 76951

    No I wish I had Gigabyte board TBH ...
    I don't see anything on this that indicates instability actually.

  2. #2392
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerFractal Design S36 AIO
    CaseThermaltake Green Riing Core X5 EATX PC Gaming Cube
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry mx brown
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    I wish I had an AGESA update, as this C6H is so unstable ...

    Attachment 76951

    No I wish I had Gigabyte board TBH ...
    @gupsterg I can't un-see that man! Surely not?

  3. #2393
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W
    Syaoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    264

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    @gupsterg I can't un-see that man! Surely not?
    BIOS version F3 for PC4-3600 and BIOS version F5 for low latency PC4-3333C14 and PC4-3466C14 has been excellent for me on my Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi. The only BIOS that worked this well for me on the Crosshair VI was the 9945 and one of the 1xxx BIOS's, either 14xx or 15xx. It's been too long to remember. Gigabyte's BIOS's might not have as many options but I have had a much better experience with the X470 Gaming 7 in 4 months than I did in the 11 months I had my Crosshair VI before it died.
    Syaoran

  4. #2394
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,017

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    I don't see anything on this that indicates instability actually.
    Indeed.

    My post was meant in "tongue in cheek" ie I was being slightly humorous, with a twist of sarcasm.

    I recently placed that same CPU/RAM in C7H. Reason why was so I could use a UEFI with AGESA 1.0.0.6. It was to see if indeed CPU boosted better under PBO on later AGESA. It did not as I suspected.

    The reason the test was run is due to several posts back in this thread, or the other thread within ROG forum in regard to C6H UEFI. Someone stated other vendors have released UEFIs with AGESA newer than 1.0.0.2c and it enhances PB/XFR2. Well it defo doesn't.

    You have also seen that in the beta for C7H with AGESA 1.0.0.6 only one new setting has come about. Which really isn't any thing much from what I have seen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPD Read Optimization.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	76991

    I don't know why people are so hung up with new AGESA needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    @gupsterg I can't un-see that man! Surely not?
    LOL, I'm sorry , IIRC this forum has no spoiler tags ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    BIOS version F3 for PC4-3600 and BIOS version F5 for low latency PC4-3333C14 and PC4-3466C14 has been excellent for me on my Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi. The only BIOS that worked this well for me on the Crosshair VI was the 9945 and one of the 1xxx BIOS's, either 14xx or 15xx. It's been too long to remember. Gigabyte's BIOS's might not have as many options but I have had a much better experience with the X470 Gaming 7 in 4 months than I did in the 11 months I had my Crosshair VI before it died.
    I gotta admit I have not had anything but ASUS in over a decade. Yes I have built some rigs for friends and family with other boards. Some seemed great but always something was lacking which meant I really didn't wanna leave the ASUS camp.

    I had my C6H since launch, pre order board so very early build. I used 5 differing Ryzen gen 1 CPUs with it, 2 differing Ryzen gen 2, I also used a set of Corsair RAM, Cruical and 10 dimms of G.Skill 3200MHz C14. Imagine the number of times over the course of my ownership I changed combinations of parts, this is also without stating the differing GPUs used with it. I really can't say I had major issues. I can say I enjoyed it very much. Note the past tense, as I shipped it off yesterday to a new home and I hope the new owner treasures it like I did. Surprisingly as I packed it away yesterday even the wife noted my last longing look at it and made a comment, as I closed the box and packed it in shipping box.

    Only solace is I may soon top the funds up and get an ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme .
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  5. #2395
    ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 Gaming advanced
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Indeed.

    My post was meant in "tongue in cheek" ie I was being slightly humorous, with a twist of sarcasm.

    I recently placed that same CPU/RAM in C7H. Reason why was so I could use a UEFI with AGESA 1.0.0.6. It was to see if indeed CPU boosted better under PBO on later AGESA. It did not as I suspected.

    The reason the test was run is due to several posts back in this thread, or the other thread within ROG forum in regard to C6H UEFI. Someone stated other vendors have released UEFIs with AGESA newer than 1.0.0.2c and it enhances PB/XFR2. Well it defo doesn't.

    You have also seen that in the beta for C7H with AGESA 1.0.0.6 only one new setting has come about. Which really isn't any thing much from what I have seen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPD Read Optimization.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	76991

    I don't know why people are so hung up with new AGESA needed...



    LOL, I'm sorry , IIRC this forum has no spoiler tags ...



    I gotta admit I have not had anything but ASUS in over a decade. Yes I have built some rigs for friends and family with other boards. Some seemed great but always something was lacking which meant I really didn't wanna leave the ASUS camp.

    I had my C6H since launch, pre order board so very early build. I used 5 differing Ryzen gen 1 CPUs with it, 2 differing Ryzen gen 2, I also used a set of Corsair RAM, Cruical and 10 dimms of G.Skill 3200MHz C14. Imagine the number of times over the course of my ownership I changed combinations of parts, this is also without stating the differing GPUs used with it. I really can't say I had major issues. I can say I enjoyed it very much. Note the past tense, as I shipped it off yesterday to a new home and I hope the new owner treasures it like I did. Surprisingly as I packed it away yesterday even the wife noted my last longing look at it and made a comment, as I closed the box and packed it in shipping box.

    Only solace is I may soon top the funds up and get an ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme .
    Ah i see. Thnx for clearing that up.

    Still weird we haven't heard from the ROG team yet.. I send Raja an pm but no answer.. If we want answers we need to contact Asus themselves instead of this forum, this is also not "official" They can release "official" BIOS but when you need support they say were not "officially" here so we have to contact Asus..

    I don't get that man..

  6. #2396
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerFractal Design S36 AIO
    CaseThermaltake Green Riing Core X5 EATX PC Gaming Cube
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry mx brown
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    112

    Personally I want the new AGESA as I'm hopeful I will get back my 3600MTs ram which I had previously. I'm an enthusiast with a LOT of time on my hands so for me new bios = new possibilities which I have the time to play around with. I'm also hopeful that some of us may get slightly better than 3600 with the new AGESA. For me this is the thing I do most of the time due to being off work sick long term.

    I would recommend that users not hugely interested in the hardware and pushing it should leave their bios as-is if their machine works well for them.

    For myself (and a few others!) it is this voyage of trying to find every ounce of power, every improvement... every improvement a new bios/AGESA ver may or may not provide, we are here trying to get that optimal performance, or try to utilize or prove unusual settings are possible.

    Pretty sure you love it too @gupsterg

    On another note, I have heard from Raja at last, he didn't say I couldn't share so this is what he said. I had asked if they would replace Elmor in this un-official support role - here's his reply.....

    "From January, Silent Scone will go full time, so will be present on both sides of the forum. He’ll be the main ASUS contact from here on. My role here is constantly changing, I have two teams to look after and multiple tasks, so I’ve sampled a few more forum helpers and bought SS onboard to help out. Sorry for the issues.

    -Raja
    "

    I have asked what might happen re: bios release/beta releases until then, but still waiting for reply.
    Last edited by bigtop1967; 11-16-2018 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #2397
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,017

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    Ah i see. Thnx for clearing that up.

    Still weird we haven't heard from the ROG team yet.. I send Raja an pm but no answer.. If we want answers we need to contact Asus themselves instead of this forum, this is also not "official" They can release "official" BIOS but when you need support they say were not "officially" here so we have to contact Asus..

    I don't get that man..
    I don't know the "in & outs". If I understand it correctly this forum is supported by ASUS, "resources" for it to be here are paid by them but I'm not sure if it has official staff paid to take care of it in the sense we may like. I reckon ASUS employees read/chime in as and when they wish to and probably on their own unpaid time. I could be all wrong, about it, dunno.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    Personally I want the new AGESA as I'm hopeful I will get back my 3600MTs ram which I had previously. I'm an enthusiast with a LOT of time on my hands so for me new bios = new possibilities which I have the time to play around with. I'm also hopeful that some of us may get slightly better than 3600 with the new AGESA. For me this is the thing I do most of the time due to being off work sick long term.

    I would recommend that users not hugely interested in the hardware and pushing it should leave their bios as-is if their machine works well for them.

    For myself (and a few others!) it is this voyage of trying to find every ounce of power, every improvement... every improvement a new bios/AGESA ver may or may not provide, we are here trying to get that optimal performance, or try to utilize or prove unusual settings are possible.

    Pretty sure you love it too @gupsterg

    On another note, I have heard from Raja at last, he didn't say I couldn't share so this is what he said. I had asked if they would replace Elmor in this un-official support role - here's his reply.....

    "From January, Silent Scone will go full time, so will be present on both sides of the forum. He’ll be the main ASUS contact from here on. My role here is constantly changing, I have two teams to look after and multiple tasks, so I’ve sampled a few more forum helpers and bought SS onboard to help out. Sorry for the issues.

    -Raja
    "

    I have asked what might happen re: bios release/beta releases until then, but still waiting for reply.
    I understand what your stating and agree, but I find your one of the people that are more composed about need for new UEFI and I also think you understand there is probably a "due process". Others at times seem as if their going from forum to forum with pitchforks .

    Nice to read Silent Scone will be our man .
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  8. #2398
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerFractal Design S36 AIO
    CaseThermaltake Green Riing Core X5 EATX PC Gaming Cube
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry mx brown
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    112

    This is true gupsterg

    I think my age helps me to be more patient lol. I have a fair understanding of how these things work - people really don't know what we had from Elmor, and if ASUS really have realized the value of having him here, then all the better!

  9. #2399
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,017

    Putting aside AGESA, I'd like to see ASUS looking at their side of the UEFI more.

    There are plenty of examples on the C6H that release to release were not getting fixed, but after a fare while they did. This seems to also be happening on C7H IMO . Below left is screenie from UEFI 0804, right is UEFI 1101.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOC Freq error.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	336.1 KB 
ID:	77053
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  10. #2400
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerFractal Design S36 AIO
    CaseThermaltake Green Riing Core X5 EATX PC Gaming Cube
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry mx brown
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Putting aside AGESA, I'd like to see ASUS looking at their side of the UEFI more.

    There are plenty of examples on the C6H that release to release were not getting fixed, but after a fare while they did. This seems to also be happening on C7H IMO . Below left is screenie from UEFI 0804, right is UEFI 1101.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOC Freq error.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	336.1 KB 
ID:	77053
    ....but they're the same......what's the difference? lol

Page 240 of 273 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •