Page 205 of 266 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2652
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by RobrPatty View Post
    New bios on AGESA 1.0.0.1a on stage testing very soon. Be available this week.
    That is good news! Hopefully it comes with some much needed bug fixes.
    Syaoran

ROG Member Array

Marine predator

Quote Originally Posted by RobrPatty View Post
    New bios on AGESA 1.0.0.1a on stage testing very soon. Be available this week.
    what's new ???????????

ROG Member Array

PCI-E SATA Card problems

ST-LAB A-520, I-tec PCIe SATA III 2-channel Card PCE2SATA, Startech PEXESAT322I - none of those SATA controller cards work correctly with with this board. Tested also in older rig Z77/Maximus V Gene - all work fine.

ST-LAB A-520 - boots to windows, but unstable, long file transfers usually resets the whole system

I-tec PCIe SATA III Card, Startech PEXESAT322I - does not even boot to windows if even one HDD is connected to one of these cards. Stop code: Kernel security check failure

Running bios 6001. I bought 2 WD30EFRX HDDs for 200€ and then 3 SATA controller cards (so far) 80€+15€+42€ = 137€ and yesterday ordered Silverstone TS12 for 120€ so that I can try to run those HDDs via USB-C while I try to find solution...it´s just irritating to buy HDDs for 200€ and then controllers for 257€ so that I can use them.

If somebody is running their systems with SATA III controller card, can you tell me which model, I try to find exactly same card.

Syaoran PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by baretvaih View Post
    ST-LAB A-520, I-tec PCIe SATA III 2-channel Card PCE2SATA, Startech PEXESAT322I - none of those SATA controller cards work correctly with with this board. Tested also in older rig Z77/Maximus V Gene - all work fine.

ST-LAB A-520 - boots to windows, but unstable, long file transfers usually resets the whole system

I-tec PCIe SATA III Card, Startech PEXESAT322I - does not even boot to windows if even one HDD is connected to one of these cards. Stop code: Kernel security check failure

Running bios 6001. I bought 2 WD30EFRX HDDs for 200€ and then 3 SATA controller cards (so far) 80€+15€+42€ = 137€ and yesterday ordered Silverstone TS12 for 120€ so that I can try to run those HDDs via USB-C while I try to find solution...it´s just irritating to buy HDDs for 200€ and then controllers for 257€ so that I can use them.

If somebody is running their systems with SATA III controller card, can you tell me which model, I try to find exactly same card.
    I had issues with a PCI-E SoundBlaster dropping out for no reason. The only fix was to completely reboot the system. It didn't matter what drivers I was running and it happened randomly from what I could tell. I ended up removing the card and putting it in another system where it works fine.
    Syaoran

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Not to be that guy, but discussing discrete sound card issues is like (well, probably even less common than) discussing the compatibility of SCSI controllers. I dont think you're gonna find much help in figuring out what exactly is going on because you're a niche user that probably makes up 0.0001% of their customer base.

I'm assuming the sata controllers either have a driver problem or perhaps not properly causing the motherboard to fall back to the different pcie modes. Perhaps if you manually set the pcie modes in the bios they would behave like they do in other machines you are testing on (provided the same OS is being used to narrow the issue down to the motherboard/bios).

edit: also why are you adding sata cards in the first place? Used up the 8 sata3 ports that come with the motherboard? Not that you shouldn't be able to use them if you want... but seems like an unnecessary step in the process you're making for yourself. It's not like these are hardware raid cards you're adding.
    Last edited by Darth Ender; 03-09-2018 at 07:11 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ender View Post
    Not to be that guy, but discussing discrete sound card issues is like (well, probably even less common than) discussing the compatibility of SCSI controllers. I dont think you're gonna find much help in figuring out what exactly is going on because you're a niche user that probably makes up 0.0001% of their customer base.

I'm assuming the sata controllers either have a driver problem or perhaps not properly causing the motherboard to fall back to the different pcie modes. Perhaps if you manually set the pcie modes in the bios they would behave like they do in other machines you are testing on (provided the same OS is being used to narrow the issue down to the motherboard/bios).

edit: also why are you adding sata cards in the first place? Used up the 8 sata3 ports that come with the motherboard? Not that you shouldn't be able to use them if you want... but seems like an unnecessary step in the process you're making for yourself. It's not like these are hardware raid cards you're adding.
    I used all 8 SATA ports.

6x 256gb samsung SSD's
    1x 1Tb SanDisk SSD's
    1x 4Tb Western Disgital Blue HDD

EPIC FAIL!!!!

The 6 SSD's were in RAID 0. 1 dirve would be missing in the array randomly on reboot. I only figured it out when i set the BIOS to show all the devices on boot. The strange thing is that windows would still boot although it would be unstable. The array finally would not boot after a windows update, lost the raid array.

So i would not trust all the ports to be used at once. What the point of having 8 prorts on the board when you can not even use them all is well stupid.

Syaoran PC Specs

I wasn't looking for help. My post was just to say I have also had issues with the PCI-E X1 slots where I couldn't find a solution. Just because people choose less common configurations mean those issues are any less important.
    Syaoran

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonnyrock View Post
    I used all 8 SATA ports.

6x 256gb samsung SSD's
    1x 1Tb SanDisk SSD's
    1x 4Tb Western Disgital Blue HDD

EPIC FAIL!!!!

The 6 SSD's were in RAID 0. 1 dirve would be missing in the array randomly on reboot. I only figured it out when i set the BIOS to show all the devices on boot. The strange thing is that windows would still boot although it would be unstable. The array finally would not boot after a windows update, lost the raid array.

So i would not trust all the ports to be used at once. What the point of having 8 prorts on the board when you can not even use them all is well stupid.
    That's interesting (and the raid was ruined the moment you booted writable without one of the drives - just running on borrowed time after that), but i'd wonder if that was a flaw in the bios raid support vs the hardware itself. Unfortunately, you'd have to use linux to test that theory since windows doesn't do software raid that way. Either way the issue would come back as a fault on Asus, but one is easily worked around (if you were using linux) and the other means you're basically SOL.

I assume that was all being tested and used without overclocking?

ROG Member Array

All 8 SATA ports are already in use - 2x850 EVO + 6xWD30EFRX connected. But I need to add 2 WD30EFRX more ...also now that Silverstone TS12 disconnects/reconnects after 5 mins or so... I am running Win 10 Fall Creators Update, and have set the "USB selective suspend setting" to disabled in power settings

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array skellattarr PC Specs
    skellattarr PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair vi Hero bios 6301
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 4X8 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1rog strix gtx 1080
    Sound Cardcreative sound blaster ae-5
    Monitoracer 28inch 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 evo 1tb m.2/Mushkin Reactor 1tb ssd
    Storage #23x 3tb hhd/segate 10TB drive
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i
    CaseThermaltake veiw 71 case
    Power Supplycorsair 1200w
    Keyboard Corsair k95 rgb
    Mouse corsair m65 pro rgb
    Mouse Pad corsair mm800 rgb polaris
    Headset/Speakers logitech 5.1
    OS windows 10 pro

Quote Originally Posted by baretvaih View Post
    All 8 SATA ports are already in use - 2x850 EVO + 6xWD30EFRX connected. But I need to add 2 WD30EFRX more ...also now that Silverstone TS12 disconnects/reconnects after 5 mins or so... I am running Win 10 Fall Creators Update, and have set the "USB selective suspend setting" to disabled in power settings
    i don't use raid but i have one ssd one m.2 and three 3tb hdd hooked up to my system and i would lose my hdd's on boot tell i figered out that if i turn off fast boot the problem went away so give that a try
    well i desided to try a software raid 0 with my 3 3tb hdd's after some studying on google search and man did it make my drives a lot faster i was able to backup 569 gb of data in 30 minutes where before it took 2 hours
    Last edited by skellattarr; 03-12-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    amd ryzen 7 1800x
    CROSSHAIR Vi hero
    Corsair Hydro Series H115i
    G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 32gb 4x8gb
    asus rog strix gtx 1080
    TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb and a 1tb mushkin ssd
    corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
    LG DVD BURNER
    corsair obsidian 750d case

Page 205 of 266 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 ... LastLast