CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Just searching the "thumb up" button for your post.
    Well explained.

For the GPU thingy... I had a R390 from MSI a few years ago. I wasn't able to test this thing or even use it for a game, because the driver was so crapy.
    Crashes in idle (driver crash)
    I switched the card to a Nvidia. No problems since. Only the price *lol*
    Greetings

ROG Member Array Sunwalker1337 PC Specs
    Sunwalker1337 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200
    Graphics Card #1MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080
    MonitorACER KG271A
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
    CPU CoolerAlphacool XP³
    CaseThermaltake Level GT 10 Battle Edition
    Power SupplyEnermax Revolution 87+ 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro + Rode NT1-A
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterFritz Box 7590

Dear ASUS,

thanks for the 6004 UEFI.

This peace of Crap burns my CPU.

All Fans Stop sometimes and this complete ****ty UEFI raises the Vcore up to 1,8Volt ...

Now my 1800x doesnt Work anymore.

Just F**** YOU!

God damnit, this was the longest time the best Company for Boards of the World. -.-

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by Sunwalker1337 View Post
    Dear ASUS,

thanks for the 6004 UEFI.

This peace of Crap burns my CPU.

All Fans Stop sometimes and this complete ****ty UEFI raises the Vcore up to 1,8Volt ...

Now my 1800x doesnt Work anymore.

Just F**** YOU!

God damnit, this was the longest time the best Company for Boards of the World. -.-
    D: That makes me really glad I haven't bothered to update from 6003. Very sorry to hear about your CPU!
    Syaoran

ROG Member Array Sunwalker1337 PC Specs
    Sunwalker1337 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200
    Graphics Card #1MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080
    MonitorACER KG271A
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
    CPU CoolerAlphacool XP³
    CaseThermaltake Level GT 10 Battle Edition
    Power SupplyEnermax Revolution 87+ 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro + Rode NT1-A
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterFritz Box 7590

Thank you.

Ive send the C6H back three Times to get one that works fine for me.

Now that?

The CPU is nearly 10 Weeks old and i send it 6 Times back, to get one that can go above 4.2 Ghz. -.-

Every Shop will see in Seconds what happened and will decline an RMA.

Ive updatet the UEFI in the hope, that my DRAM Voltages will be stable... And now my CPU is gone...

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello all,

I've been roaming this thread for a while and I have a question with respect to my setup and whether or not I should update my BIOS.

Specs:
    - R7 1700 3.7GHz @ 1.2v under load, soc at 1.137v
    - TridentZ CL14 3000MHz rated @ 3200 Fast stilts timings 1.375 volts
    - Strix 1080ti
    - CH6 Hero on BIOS 1701

So my current setup runs great as far as I can tell, I have not OC'd past 3.7GHz as I am on the Wraith Spire. I get the occasional cold boot issue which is annoying. I also have HWINFO64 noting some voltages higher than they actually are by .086v but I am not worried as I know the real input values. Should I update my BIOS? Are there any noteworthy performance or QoL changes? I noticed some people say that 3008 was the best BIOS before Ryzen 2 BIOS took over. Maybe I should flash to 3008 and leave it at that for now?

Thank you all!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by MrThreePik View Post
    Hello all,

I've been roaming this thread for a while and I have a question with respect to my setup and whether or not I should update my BIOS.

Specs:
    - Strix 1080ti
    - CH6 Hero on BIOS 1701

So my current setup runs great as far as I can tell, I have not OC'd past 3.7GHz as I am on the Wraith Spire. I get the occasional cold boot issue which is annoying. I also have HWINFO64 noting some voltages higher than they actually are by .086v but I am not worried as I know the real input values. Should I update my BIOS? Are there any noteworthy performance or QoL changes? I noticed some people say that 3008 was the best BIOS before Ryzen 2 BIOS took over. Maybe I should flash to 3008 and leave it at that for now?

Thank you all!
    The best piece of advice anyone can take away from the many posts in this thread is... If it works, don't mess with it! Especially when it comes to updating the BIOS. :P
    Syaoran

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrThreePik View Post
    Hello all,

Specs:
    - Strix 1080ti
    - CH6 Hero on BIOS 1701

Thank you all!
    Syaoran is right but It really comes down to what you are after with your build. Are you the type that likes to tinker and wants to achieve the absolute best cutting edge performance from your system, especially your motherboard and processor? Asus puts out new bios for a reason. They are trying to fix bugs and improve performance. That said, there are always risks in updating ones bios. I am currently running bios 3101 and do not experience any cold boot issues. The build date of this bios is 12-19-17 so it is about a week newer than the 3008 bios. I am not sure what the differences are between them. I will update to a newer bios eventually but have actually been pretty happy with this bios. Also, I want to upgrade to a 2700X and will probably wait to use the newer bios when I do as I think they are made more for compatability with 2nd gen.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sunwalker1337 View Post
    Thank you.

Ive send the C6H back three Times to get one that works fine for me.

Now that?

The CPU is nearly 10 Weeks old and i send it 6 Times back, to get one that can go above 4.2 Ghz. -.-

Every Shop will see in Seconds what happened and will decline an RMA.

Ive updatet the UEFI in the hope, that my DRAM Voltages will be stable... And now my CPU is gone...
    You're rma'ing working hardware to get the best silicone lottery winner? This sounds more like karma (even though karma works after you die) than incompetence from asus.

Though, the bios does a poor job at ensuring non-safe voltages are only applied when explicitly requested. This is true of all the revisions though, and one of the primary reasons we have to reset to defaults before updating. It sounds like you did not and got bit. Which sucks, but it's well known.

ROG Member Array

After seeing all these posts about board issues even with the new BIOS/s, and i have many of the same issues, and seeing this post, link below, on Guru3d, i am worried that support for these x370 boards will just stop.

I have both the wifi and none wifi versions of this baord , with a 1600x and 1800x. both baords have issues with stability but the 1600x seems to be a bit more stable thou.

I think that Asus should do a baord swop or offer current VI Hero owners the new x470 board on a trade in deal. My boards are less than 6 months old i think and it would be the right thing to do as these boards should really never have been released. As i said in a post above 2nd gen Ryzen and the 470x chipset seem to be what should have been the Ryzen release. Ryzen , 1st gen, is a good chip but i dont think it was mainstream ready. Maybe i was just unlucky sticking with ASUS

fyi: i have used asus boards for more years than i can remember, both for AMD and INTEL system. this VI Hero is the worst board i have ever used from them.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/am...om-lineup.html

Update:
    Here is another worrying one, link below. If AMD are abandoning the 1st gen products and x370 they could have a lawsuit on thier hands again, and to be honest i would supoort that unless my 370x gets support or i get the option to get an x470 as a swop out or trade in deal.

Do not get me wrong here i love what AMD is doing, the new chips and the 470x look like they are great products, but i am sick an tired of paying lots of money to be a BETA tester for tech companies, this crap needs to stop. If your product needs to have more R&D don't release it, simple as that.

https://hexus.net/business/news/comp...-cpu-mobo-gpu/

I hope Asus step up here or make some kind of deal with AMD to allow any unhappy 370x owners to get a deal on the latest products. Intel has been doing this change motherboard & CPU on 'new CPU release’, for a very, very long time. Let’s face it Intel has not released anything new, in term of architecture or innovation for decades. It beat AMD almost to death with constant legal actions and anti-competitive behaviour for years making you and I pay more and more money for tweaking things a little and jacking up the price of hardware. The motherboard manufactures are complicit in this as proved by BIOS hacks to make new Intel chips work on older boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Update 2:

So it looks like the BIOS update, 6004, killed my RAID array, again. 3rd or 4th windows rebuild because of the raid failure.

When i got my 2700x i did the BIOS update on the x1800. got back into windows and make sure everything was working. powered off and removed it and installed the 2700x. all seemed fine for +-24hours. I tried my memory at rated speed 3200Mhz that did not work and went back to 2933Mhz or whatever it is. No issues, suddenly windows did a blue screen rebooted and that was windows gone, winload.efi error. nothing i tired got windows booting again.

I run acronis, so tried a restore from the latest backup, which was 5 hours old. I could not get the system to boot from that backup restoring to the original 2 x 500GB ssds in raid or a single sdd, same error. I then reinstalled windows on a single NVMe drive. I have given up on raid on this board it does not work. Now i have run raid 0 on basically every motherboard since it was release on IDE motherboards years ago.

I have never ever had so many issues with raid on a motherboard every, and this is not an exaggeration.

I have managed to recover and get windows working again because Acronis is simply a brilliant bit of software. I did a restore to a singe 500gb sdd, one of the ones i was using in the Raid array, on one of my old x79 boards. i did a restore on an Asus Ramage IV gene running an Intel Xeon E5 1650 v2.

This system is bootable and works 100% fine and is stable.

In short THIS MOTHERBOARD IS CRAP...

But two good things have come of this. Acronis is worth the money and windows 10 kicks butt. this was a restore to different hardware and not one blue screen. It updated the drivers and bang good to go.
    Last edited by mrjonnyrock; 04-24-2018 at 10:13 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ender View Post
    You're rma'ing working hardware to get the best silicone lottery winner? This sounds more like karma (even though karma works after you die) than incompetence from asus.

Though, the bios does a poor job at ensuring non-safe voltages are only applied when explicitly requested. This is true of all the revisions though, and one of the primary reasons we have to reset to defaults before updating. It sounds like you did not and got bit. Which sucks, but it's well known.
    Very true.

@Sunwalker

Its not cool to send back working prozessors only they don't reach 4,2Ghz.
    So hell, thats karma ;-) Go with it and stop crying!
    Greetings

Page 217 of 267 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 ... LastLast