Page 41 of 268 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by moshdaman View Post
    I cant seem to find a price for that board i sure hope its not the same price i paid for mine without wifi
    it cost 25 dollars more than the original board

ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by elguero83 View Post
    it cost 25 dollars more than the original board
    Source?

ROG Member Array

The board not having buikt in wifi was part of the reason I chose this board over the ASRock Taichi. Wifi has its uses, but I try to avoid using it in a home network whenever possible, and if I must use it I'd rather buy an expansion card. I couldn't get a clear answer on whether or not the wifi module in the Taichi was something that had to be added on (i.e. you get the card but have to connect it to the board), or if it could even be disabled in the BIOS.

I don't want something attached to my motherboard that broadcasts to everyone or could potentially be hijacked by a next door neighbor/someone parked in the street. If Wifi starts becoming a standard thing baked into all the top boards, I'll start building faraday cages around my systems.

eight-bit PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i

Quote Originally Posted by MysticPixie View Post
    I don't want something attached to my motherboard that broadcasts to everyone or could potentially be hijacked by a next door neighbor/someone parked in the street. If Wifi starts becoming a standard thing baked into all the top boards, I'll start building faraday cages around my systems.
    You sound like me the week after Defcon lol. "SECURE ALL THE THINGS! NOTHING IS SAFE!"

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by eight-bit View Post
    You sound like me the week after Defcon lol. "SECURE ALL THE THINGS! NOTHING IS SAFE!"
    Oh man I want to go to Defcon so much! Personally I think Defcon should extend one of these years and overlap with the WSOP. The WSOP uses RFID cards/tables for all of their broadcast tables. There's NO WAY they have even mediocre security covering those, to say nothing of adequate.

But yea.

I just had solar installed here, and they left a ZigBee device attached to it that they were going to come back and setup later. Well, I'm the crazy kind of person who ran *2* Ethernet cables to my garage, and wouldn't you know 1 of them was available! Pulled out the ZigBee, attached the Ethernet, got everything setup, and called it a day. My solar installer was like "But, uh, we need to setup the thing!" "Already done, and I don't want the crap access you'd have given me anyway, or the crap wifi".

Good times.

eight-bit PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i

Quote Originally Posted by MysticPixie View Post
    Oh man I want to go to Defcon so much! Personally I think Defcon should extend one of these years and overlap with the WSOP. The WSOP uses RFID cards/tables for all of their broadcast tables. There's NO WAY they have even mediocre security covering those, to say nothing of adequate.

But yea.

I just had solar installed here, and they left a ZigBee device attached to it that they were going to come back and setup later. Well, I'm the crazy kind of person who ran *2* Ethernet cables to my garage, and wouldn't you know 1 of them was available! Pulled out the ZigBee, attached the Ethernet, got everything setup, and called it a day. My solar installer was like "But, uh, we need to setup the thing!" "Already done, and I don't want the crap access you'd have given me anyway, or the crap wifi".

Good times.
    Oh Jebus. We already have problems with compromised ATMs, outright fake ATMs brought in right under hotel security's nose (DC17), and networks that are the digital equivalent of downtown Baghdad on a bad day... Overlapping that with WSOP would have every employee of the gaming commission on the suicide hotline in no time flat lol.

I know you're type of crazy lol. Remodeled my house a couple years ago, had to answer the question "why do you need ethernet in the kitchen?" more times than I anticipated, "Because reasons" ... when space is at a premium in the office, the kitchen table becomes a great workbench.

/threadjack

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

The internet is still Dodge City in the 19th century, lol. Strap on a gun and be prepared.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Look asus. We need an actual stable bios release for this board with the current agesa. Using this board in this state having to hover over my reset switch and constantly press it until it boots or having to clear the bios and start again over a month after product releases really isnt ok and not "asus quality"*
    People ARE buying ryzen, it IS a product worth supporting. *I understand intel is your bread and butter products but get some freakin bios engineers on this. Seriously. Make my product work.*
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    3930k @5.1ghz
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10 @ 2400Mhz 9-11-11-31 1T
    Power color Radeon HD 7990 Flashed to Devil 13
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

eight-bit PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i

Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    Look asus. We need an actual stable bios release for this board with the current agesa. Using this board in this state having to hover over my reset switch and constantly press it until it boots or having to clear the bios and start again over a month after product releases really isnt ok and not "asus quality"*
    People ARE buying ryzen, it IS a product worth supporting. *I understand intel is your bread and butter products but get some freakin bios engineers on this. Seriously. Make my product work.*
    Elmor has already stated that they are waiting for permission from AMD to release the next beta with agesa 1.0.0.6, but will definitely be released by AMD approved date for 1.0.0.6.

We are not taking a back seat to their Intel platforms, and there is a great team working on the bios for this board with constant improvements (with the exception apparently of 1106). Comments like this are kind of a slap in the face to those people who have in fact been working their tails off... for us.

ROG Member Array GrooveIsNow PC Specs
    GrooveIsNow PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1060
    MonitorBen-Q GL2760H, GW2270
    Storage #1Samsun Evo 950 M.2 250GB
    Storage #2Kingston SSD Now 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCorsair 460x RGB
    Power SupplyEVGA GS 650w
    Keyboard Corsair Straffe Cherry MX Red
    Mouse Corsair Katar
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    What isn't working for you? I can say other than the odd cold boot issue, however I think I have it under control now, I've had nothing but a great expereince. Maybe share what issues you are expereincing so we can sort them out?

Page 41 of 268 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast