Page 109 of 267 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2664
  1. #1081
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W
    Syaoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    264

    I have been running the 1501 for about a week now. I don't find it any better than 1403 but I do think it isn't as good as the 9920. I had to dial back my system to 38.5 on the CPU multiplier compared to 39 on previous versions and it's taking slightly more voltage to maintain stability. RAM for me is about the same in terms of speed. 4X8GB 3600C15 will not POST stable at anything above 3200MHz. RAM also requires 1.365V instead of 1.345 when using the 9920 BIOS.

  2. #1082
    ROG Member Array bilek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    CPU fan stops automatically
    I am very sorry to have taken this motherboard
    I feel myself deceived

  3. #1083
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    102
    Posts
    991

    Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    I have been running the 1501 for about a week now. I don't find it any better than 1403 but I do think it isn't as good as the 9920. I had to dial back my system to 38.5 on the CPU multiplier compared to 39 on previous versions and it's taking slightly more voltage to maintain stability. RAM for me is about the same in terms of speed. 4X8GB 3600C15 will not POST stable at anything above 3200MHz. RAM also requires 1.365V instead of 1.345 when using the 9920 BIOS.
    Try VDDP set to 0.900V, Extreme Tweaker > Tweakers Paradise. I found it helped me with 3466MHz C15 1T 2x8GB. UEFI prior to 9943 [Auto] was ~900mV on DMM, after is ~975mV.

    Quote Originally Posted by bilek View Post
    CPU fan stops automatically
    I am very sorry to have taken this motherboard
    I feel myself deceived
    If you wish to gain help to help yourself you should provide more information.

    i) what UEFI?
    ii) what fan headers are you using and how many fans connected?
    iii) do you use a older version of AIDA64?
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  4. #1084
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by andyliu View Post
    by not working, do you mean that the usb flash back light stay solid blue after few blink?
    if usb flash back works, the light will be off after updating the BIOS
    you want to make sure that your USB isn't formatted as GPT but MBR.
    was having issue and all I did was convert the usb from GPT to MBR, and it works without issue.
    At least that's what fixed the issue for me.
    you can also try to do it on a usb 2.0 sticks too.
    thanks! that solution indeed solved the problem. i could revert back to 1201 and it is working just fine for now.

    thanks again!

  5. #1085
    ROG Member Array bilek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Try VDDP set to 0.900V, Extreme Tweaker > Tweakers Paradise. I found it helped me with 3466MHz C15 1T 2x8GB. UEFI prior to 9943 [Auto] was ~900mV on DMM, after is ~975mV.



    If you wish to gain help to help yourself you should provide more information.

    i) what UEFI?
    ii) what fan headers are you using and how many fans connected?
    iii) do you use a older version of AIDA64?
    Ryzen 1800x
    UEFI build 1501
    CPU cooler : NOCTUA NH-D15 SE-AM4
    AIDA64 Engineer Version 5.92.4300
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16

    The problems of this card did not end anyhow
    A very annoying situation
    I regret that I bought this motherboard
    I use asus motherboard all the way up to now
    But I have never encountered such a problematic motherboard until now
    Last edited by bilek; 08-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.

  6. #1086
    ROG Member Array antony209494 PC Specs
    antony209494 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 CL-16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS R9 290X DirectCUII
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorSamsung S22B350
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    Storage #2Western Digital WD10EARS-00MVWB0
    CPU CoolerAntec Kuhler H2o 620
    Power SupplyCorsair GS 800 2013 edition
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    I am on 1403 and I am still experiencing random restarts (high chance of happening when starting up FIFA 17 for some reason right after I hit play and the game opens) and starting today I got twice a random system hang (black screen) with it being stuck on 8 on the board's LED (System agent initialization after microcode loading). Before 1403 I faced problems only when running the 3200Mhz XMP profile (I have hynix chips not samsung). Now even in stock 2133 with 1.20 or 1.35 voltage the system is unstable. I just want to run the XMP profile stable without tinkering with other settings but even after 5 months DRAM still has issues with Ryzen. Why? It's been too long already!
    Last edited by antony209494; 08-13-2017 at 09:03 PM.

  7. #1087
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array andyliu PC Specs
    andyliu PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)(32GB) 2*F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 FTW
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyThermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3100 + PCE-AC88

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by antony209494 View Post
    I am on 1403 and I am still experiencing random restarts (high chance of happening when starting up FIFA 17 for some reason right after I hit play and the game opens) and starting today I got twice a random system hang (black screen) with it being stuck on 8 on the board's LED (System agent initialization after microcode loading). Before 1403 I faced problems only when running the 3200Mhz XMP profile (I have hynix chips not samsung). Now even in stock 2133 with 1.20 or 1.35 voltage the system is unstable. I just want to run the XMP profile stable without tinkering with other settings but even after 5 months DRAM still has issues with Ryzen. Why? It's been too long already!
    Before you try anything else, I will suggest you to make sure the water cooler is actually compatible with AM4.
    While you might be able to get away with AM3 compatibilty, the mounting pressure is just different and can cause issues.
    other things I will try:
    I will try to load everything with default value first and try to do what you normally do to see if it will hang or crash.
    And you can also check event viewer in Windows, just search for event viewer. look for error or warning to see if it report anything unusal.
    And I will also try to reflash BIOS with usb flash back to make sure nothing is corrupted.

  8. #1088
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1903)
    Clouseau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    146

    Quote Originally Posted by bilek View Post
    Ryzen 1800x
    UEFI build 1501
    CPU cooler : NOCTUA NH-D15 SE-AM4
    AIDA64 Engineer Version 5.92.4300
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16

    The problems of this card did not end anyhow
    A very annoying situation
    I regret that I bought this motherboard
    I use asus motherboard all the way up to now
    But I have never encountered such a problematic motherboard until now
    Was the "auto tune" option used when setting up the fan profiles? Reason why asking is that when I used that option my fans stopped automatically too. All I did was not use the auto tune feature. All my case fans are set to the predefined turbo profile. The fan speed is based on the cpu temperature. The settings in the bios are found at the bottom of the monitoring section.

  9. #1089
    ROG Member Array bilek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    Was the "auto tune" option used when setting up the fan profiles? Reason why asking is that when I used that option my fans stopped automatically too. All I did was not use the auto tune feature. All my case fans are set to the predefined turbo profile. The fan speed is based on the cpu temperature. The settings in the bios are found at the bottom of the monitoring section.
    First thank you very much for your interest and relevance

    I went into bios and made all the fine adjustments
    Guinea sometimes stops the fans of the CPU and computer chassis
    Which is a very bad situation
    Asus firm will take back the product that it has sold before,
    You have to organize the problems of this motherboard
    Last edited by bilek; 08-14-2017 at 09:38 AM.

  10. #1090
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1903)
    Clouseau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    146

    Quote Originally Posted by bilek View Post
    First thank you very much for your interest and relevance

    I went into bios and made all the fine adjustments
    Guinea sometimes stops the fans of the CPU and computer chassis
    Which is a very bad situation
    Asus firm will take back the product that it has sold before,
    You have to organize the problems of this motherboard
    Can you please explain what Guinea is. I am not familiar with that word.

Page 109 of 267 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •