Page 117 of 267 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2664
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array andyliu PC Specs
    andyliu PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)(32GB) 2*F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 FTW
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyThermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3100 + PCE-AC88

Quote Originally Posted by MattTheTech View Post
    Basically after booting into windows, the fan curve works, and the fans speed up and slow down according to the Curve, but then at some point, sometimes its 5 Minutes into the boot, sometimes is 12 hours into the Boot, but ALWAYS at some point the fans all of the sudden just stick at a point in the curve. So instead of adjusting based on the Curve, they stay stuck at the last speed they were at before the fan control stops working.
    As I am reading, I will suggest you check few things.
    1st, have you check the temp as fan goes up? While I think you double checked, sometimes I just assume the temp and forget about it.
    It happened when I was trying to figure out why my fan wasn't following fan curve after sleep mode.
    turns out there is bug with the sleep mode that causing fan curve not working properly after waking up.
    2. with senseMI off, the behavior of temp sensor is repeating going up ~10degree and slowly back down.
    might wanna make sure you take that into account when you create your fan curve.
    3. make sure you dont run any custom fan software; and make sure they are properly uninstalled.
    4. worst case, try to unplug power, remove cmos battery, and reflash bios to try to reset sensor.

and if you weren't using the AM4 retention kit, you can order it for free
    it might or might not be the reason.
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/am4-amd...series-coolers
    Promo code: CORSAIRAM4BR
    Last edited by andyliu; 08-26-2017 at 12:57 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array MattTheTech PC Specs
    MattTheTech PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Nothing Interesting
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)3200C14D-16GFX (32GB Total)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Sound CardHT Omega eCLARO
    Monitor3 Wall Mounted-1x Samsung 55" 4K TV (Runs 1440p 120hz), 2x LG 32" 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CPU CoolerEKWB Dual Custom Water Loop
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair RGB k70 Lux V2
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 Custom Built Surround Sound System
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900p
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

Quote Originally Posted by panni View Post
    Not yet, no. I haven't been running this system for more than 8 hours per session yet, though. From what I understand, this may be a controller issue.

Did you experience this before 1401? (I'm on 1501)
    When I built My Rig 1401 Was the Bios out, so I haven't tried any BIOS' before this Version. But have tried every BIOS and Beta BIOS after, and the same issue Persists. I am at a Loss. I am on 1501 as well. I have had the best luck with everything on 1501, but this issue is the one main issue that I would like to figure out how to fix. I have flashed each BIOS with The Flash Drive in the back using Q Bios or whatever its called now, hoping that a fresh Flash would fix the Controller, but each time the same issue persists, so I am not sure what to Try. But yeah, sorry I meant to mention the BIOS I was on. 1501.

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Storage #23x Samsung 850 Evo 512GB in Raid 0 For 1.5TB Array Game Drive + ZFS 30TB NAS/Server For Storage
    CaseModded Rosewill Evo Armor 2 (I know all reviews hated it, but after my Mods its been a GREAT CASE)
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

Quote Originally Posted by andyliu View Post
    As I am reading, I will suggest you check few things.
    1st, have you check the temp as fan goes up? While I think you double checked, sometimes I just assume the temp and forget about it.
    It happened when I was trying to figure out why my fan wasn't following fan curve after sleep mode.
    turns out there is bug with the sleep mode that causing fan curve not working properly after waking up.
    2. with senseMI off, the behavior of temp sensor is repeating going up ~10degree and slowly back down.
    might wanna make sure you take that into account when you create your fan curve.
    3. make sure you dont run any custom fan software; and make sure they are properly uninstalled.
    4. worst case, try to unplug power, remove cmos battery, and reflash bios to try to reset sensor.

and if you weren't using the AM4 retention kit, you can order it for free
    it might or might not be the reason.
    http://www.corsair.com/en-us/am4-amd...series-coolers
    Promo code: CORSAIRAM4BR
    Yeah, I have a 3 Screen Setup, with One dedicated to Monitoring My Sensors. I Use HWinfo64 and Monitor Both the Tdie and the TCTL Sensor. And I do notice a 10c Jump every now n again, so that is interesting that you said having Sense MI causes that. I seem to remember there was a reason I wanted it off, but may experiement with it back on. Eitherway, I am used to the Jump now, and take it into account with my fan curve. They definitely work on a fresh boot, sometimes for hours. I have sleep completely disabled, one of the first things I do on a fresh install is turn off Hibernation and Sleep in the command prompt, and I just double checked its definitely not on, so I am not sure what causes the Fan Controller to Stick. I have Reflashed the BIOS with each new Official and BETA BIOS, and with every BIOS since 1401 I have had the issue. I am currently on 1501. I also am using my AM4 Retention Kit, I ordered it before I even Bought My Ryzen CPU, they actually acidently sent me 2, so I even have an extra...

I don't run any custom fan software, like I said I have tried Fan Xpert, and I actually just reinstalled it today, and the same damn thing happens. Once it sticks, I can hit any button I want in Fan Xpert, it says it makes the change, but it doesn't, funny enough though, after I reboot those changes I made to my curve are applied. I used Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode to uninstall it, and then search the Registry for any left overs manually when I uninstall it, so I am as sure as possible that is completely uninstalled after I decided to go back to just the BIOS Control. The only way I could be more sure is to do a reinstall, but Like I said I dual Boot to Win 7 and that OS has never had any Custom Fan software installed, and it has the same exact behavior, so I really am at a loss as to why this is happening. I will try reflashing again and pulling the battery, and playing with Sense MI and report back.

Has anyone else at all experienced this issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Does 1501 have that "Evaluation Version" text when booting?

ROG Member Array shilent PC Specs
    shilent PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI
    ProcessorRyzen 1600x
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill 3200 CL14 (B-die)
    Graphics Card #1MSI Vega 56 Air Boost
    Sound CardSound Blaster X AE-5
    Storage #1Adata SX700 512GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro SATA
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller water block
    CasePhanteks Evolv
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1050XM2
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by MattTheTech View Post
    Yeah, I have a 3 Screen Setup, with One dedicated to Monitoring My Sensors. I Use HWinfo64 and Monitor Both the Tdie and the TCTL Sensor. And I do notice a 10c Jump every now n again, so that is interesting that you said having Sense MI causes that. I seem to remember there was a reason I wanted it off, but may experiement with it back on. Eitherway, I am used to the Jump now, and take it into account with my fan curve. They definitely work on a fresh boot, sometimes for hours. I have sleep completely disabled, one of the first things I do on a fresh install is turn off Hibernation and Sleep in the command prompt, and I just double checked its definitely not on, so I am not sure what causes the Fan Controller to Stick. I have Reflashed the BIOS with each new Official and BETA BIOS, and with every BIOS since 1401 I have had the issue. I am currently on 1501. I also am using my AM4 Retention Kit, I ordered it before I even Bought My Ryzen CPU, they actually acidently sent me 2, so I even have an extra...

I don't run any custom fan software, like I said I have tried Fan Xpert, and I actually just reinstalled it today, and the same damn thing happens. Once it sticks, I can hit any button I want in Fan Xpert, it says it makes the change, but it doesn't, funny enough though, after I reboot those changes I made to my curve are applied. I used Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode to uninstall it, and then search the Registry for any left overs manually when I uninstall it, so I am as sure as possible that is completely uninstalled after I decided to go back to just the BIOS Control. The only way I could be more sure is to do a reinstall, but Like I said I dual Boot to Win 7 and that OS has never had any Custom Fan software installed, and it has the same exact behavior, so I really am at a loss as to why this is happening. I will try reflashing again and pulling the battery, and playing with Sense MI and report back.

Has anyone else at all experienced this issue?
    I'm having the exact issue as you. I'm still on UEFI 1403, and came here looking to see if 1501 fixes it.
    - I'm using Chassis2 and Chassis3 headers with PWM splitters
    - Fan speed based on Tsensor1 (my water temp)
    - No software controlling the fans
    - Stopped using HWinfo because someone mentioned it could be the issue

Like you, mine seems to happen randomly. My fan speeds can be stuck at minimum, maximum, or anything in between. A reboot always fixes it. Temp probes are reporting correct temps.

One time I was playing a game when this happened, and the fans stuck at minimum and didn't ramp up. Luckily I have an external water temp display which I caught in time and saw it at 47C. Just last night I ran 3D Mark, the fans ramped up to about 80-90% and stuck there.

New ROGer Array

1501 doesn't overclock very well for me.

With UEFI Build 1403 i could overclock my R1700x to 39.50 corevoltage at 1.3750 without any problems. Even my ram is working properly at 3200Mhz except for it to reset to 2400Mhz ones every few days .

With UEFI build 1501 i cant even get it to 39.00. Every test i do with cinebench gives me qcode 8. i just flashed it back to 1403. asus says on there site " Improve Overclockability", im not seeing it.

I hope asus will give us a proper UEFI soon.

my rig:

R1700x
    gskill flare x 3200
    NZXT kraken 62
    GTX 1080
    C6H

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

Quote Originally Posted by shilent View Post
    I'm having the exact issue as you. I'm still on UEFI 1403, and came here looking to see if 1501 fixes it.

Like you, mine seems to happen randomly. My fan speeds can be stuck at minimum, maximum, or anything in between. A reboot always fixes it. Temp probes are reporting correct temps.

One time I was playing a game when this happened, and the fans stuck at minimum and didn't ramp up. Luckily I have an external water temp display which I caught in time and saw it at 47C. Just last night I ran 3D Mark, the fans ramped up to about 80-90% and stuck there.
    This is My Behavior EXACTLY!!! I believe I just Quoted you in the other Thread. I wish we could Figure this out...

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

By the way, My Temps are based on CPU, but I have tried having them based on MB, And I believe PCH for the hell of it, same behavior. I am using every fan header excepts for WPump, that one is disabled, My Corsair H100i V2 is plugged into the AIO Header, The Fans mounted on the Rad are connected to CPU and CPU OPT, and then the rest of my case fans are spread among CHA 1 2 and 3. They are ALL PWM Fans. I have tried both PWM and Auto Mode to no avail...

MattTheTech PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Oculus Rift
    Mouse Pad Razor Vespula
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Accessory #1 10Gb Nic

No Evaluated Version Text

Quote Originally Posted by ded99 View Post
    Does 1501 have that "Evaluation Version" text when booting?
    Hey I figured I would answer your question for you. 1401, and 1403 both had that Evaluated Version in the Text on Bootup, which pissed me off, because Especially with 1401 and 1403, they were Official Bios', so I was always Yelling "No Its Not" at my TV on Boot, LOL!

I am happy to report that I believe starting with 9920 (Which was a Beta Bios so you figured it would have it) The Evaluated Version Text Disappeared, and it also DOES NOT appear in 1501, at least for me. So hopefully that answers your questions.

I See alot of people seem to have different issues with 1501, for me I thought it was the best BIOS to date, and I have very few problems with it. I just wish they would address this Fan Controller issue that a number of us our having...

ROG Member Array

Yup same thing here, restart will fix the fans back to normal. Hope Asus fixes this.

Page 117 of 267 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 ... LastLast