Page 154 of 266 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2652
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200

ah ROD and EMU - my childhood. what a terrible way to die for ROD, fell off his roof trying to tune in his tv aerial

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    Processor1700X @ BCLK-102.0 | 38.25 multi @ +0.03750
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3468 C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS PA248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1803)

When the CrossHair was purchased, the decision was based on that historically the CrossHair line was supported longer and better then the other lines. Unfortunately this is not the case with this board. All the other lines have received better support than this one. Who cares that the AGESA 1006B broke the workaround for the cold boot issue. The workaround did not work for everyone. A new UEFI build based on AGESA 1006B should have been released for this board just like all the other boards received it. The Prime should have been branded ROG because it does not suffer from this cold boot "bug". The Prime has the same ITE chip, same "AMD" chipset, and same ASMedia usb chip. The major differences is that ROG carries features not offered on the Prime and the Prime offers video out support for the integrated gpu on APUs. Is ROG a dead horse at this point for AMD? The silence is deafening at this point. Lip service asking us to understand how stressful ASUS has made it for all of you shows they even do not care about this line. Apparently ROG does not stand or represent what it used to. This will not be my last ASUS board but it will be my last ROG board. The Prime and Strix lines get better support.

New ROGer Array

I'm agree with you. The cost of this MB is expensive, and the support is awful. I'm still F9 error on 1701 bios (Cold Boot). For me, it's the last ROG Motherboard. Bad, Asus, very very bad.

I have another x370 Gigabyte Motherboard on another computer and now 0 problems, i mean, 0 is 0 problems... and it's is more cheap.

Come on Asus, you can do better...

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    When the CrossHair was purchased, the decision was based on that historically the CrossHair line was supported longer and better then the other lines. Unfortunately this is not the case with this board. All the other lines have received better support than this one. Who cares that the AGESA 1006B broke the workaround for the cold boot issue. The workaround did not work for everyone. A new UEFI build based on AGESA 1006B should have been released for this board just like all the other boards received it. The Prime should have been branded ROG because it does not suffer from this cold boot "bug". The Prime has the same ITE chip, same "AMD" chipset, and same ASMedia usb chip. The major differences is that ROG carries features not offered on the Prime and the Prime offers video out support for the integrated gpu on APUs. Is ROG a dead horse at this point for AMD? The silence is deafening at this point. Lip service asking us to understand how stressful ASUS has made it for all of you shows they even do not care about this line. Apparently ROG does not stand or represent what it used to. This will not be my last ASUS board but it will be my last ROG board. The Prime and Strix lines get better support.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/r...ng-thread/0_40

I'm not aware of any resource this large for any other motherboard on this platform? If you tally the number of builds released, the Prime has more official builds but these were belated to catch up with the Crosshair updates that were released throughout the last 7 months.

Clouseau PC Specs
    MonitorASUS PA248Q
    CaseThermaltake Core X9

^Really? As was posted earlier, the irony is that the shoddy thing is just shy of 3,000 pages long. No organization at all. 3,000 pages and a major issue still exists that other boards do not suffer from. Resource from ASUS...no. The resource is us consumers doing their work for them. QC is to be done in house not in the wild.

EDIT: if they are taking a similar approach as Microsoft with Windows 10, having a fast ring, slow ring, and final release, great; understandable. Where is it mentioned that that is the case? There still is no organization to that thread. The intelligence in that thread is amazing but there needs to be some organization to it. 3,000 is too long to even have to wade through the search results; providing the term being searched on is the same term being associated with the issue being read up on.
    Last edited by Clouseau; 11-09-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    ^Really? As was posted earlier, the irony is that the shoddy thing is just shy of 3,000 pages long. No organization at all. 3,000 pages and a major issue still exists that other boards do not suffer from. Resource from ASUS...no. The resource is us consumers doing their work for them. QC is to be done in house not in the wild.

EDIT: if they are taking a similar approach as Microsoft with Windows 10, having a fast ring, slow ring, and final release, great; understandable. Where is it mentioned that that is the case? There still is no organization to that thread. The intelligence in that thread is amazing but there needs to be some organization to it. 3,000 is too long to even have to wade through the search results; providing the term being searched on is the same term being associated with the issue being read up on.
    All the information and guidance is provided by Elmor, which is in the op. Sorry, if you thought I meant you should go through all 3,000 pages - that wasn't the case. Besides which, you've shifted your argument slightly there. Your point was that the CH6 hasn't received the same level of support as other boards. This in itself is completely false, which is why I responded.

Clouseau PC Specs
    MonitorASUS PA248Q
    CaseThermaltake Core X9

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    All the information and guidance is provided by Elmor, which is in the op. Sorry, if you thought I meant you should go through all 3,000 pages - that wasn't the case. Besides which, you've shifted your argument slightly there. Your point was that the CH6 hasn't received the same level of support as other boards. This in itself is completely false, which is why I responded.
    Was not taken that all 3,000 pages needed to be sifted through. It was not the intent to shift the point even a little. Since the extent of pages is what it is along with the lack of its organization, might as well be deleted except for the very first post by Elmor. The second prong of the argument was the lack of communication. The ROG site is here not at that site; why the concept of "beta" testing in whatever form was entertained. That is what that thread is considered; overall beta testing results. Do not envy any of the staff working on this board. Citing the workaround for the cold boot issue being broken by 1006B as being the reason why the UEFI was not updated on this board starts down a slippery slope. Will we get 1007, or 1070 as it is rumored, if the workaround is still broken by it? That alone should never have been allowed to happen. All 1006B needed was a qualifying statement about the workaround being broken by it. No harm, no foul, since the workaround was not a cure for all with the issue.

When the updated chipsets are released, X470, going to be sitting in the wings to see what improvements have been made. Will not take much to dump this board if 1007 is a flop (depends how it flops; bugs still expected since it is a complete ground-up rewrite from AMD).

ROG Guru: White Belt Array maxrealliti PC Specs
    maxrealliti PC Specs
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X 4GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 32GTZSW K4 3200 C16 3466MHz
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE Radeon™ RX Vega64 8G HBM2 Liquid Cooling 1750Mhz
    MonitorSamsung C32HG70QQI 144Hz
    Storage #1AMD Radeon R7 RADEON-R7SSD-120G
    Storage #2Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E500BW + Seagate ST500DM002
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110i Extreme
    Casenzxt 810 switch
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum Series 860 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow X TOURNAMENT Chroma
    Mouse ROG Gladius II
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia 200 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG GM50 Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S550 Encore
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U + RP-AC68U

respected asus I certainly understand that the development of new BIOS for Intel is a priority but when the update and solution of problems on the amd platform starts there are bios with 1006a 1006b for a long time already and we still do not have them to pay attention to those people who have already bought products and are waiting her support.the more your affiliated company asrok released these bios, do you really do not have enough for it?

ROG Member Array graddumdum PC Specs
    graddumdum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Pavilion 15-p209tx
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero Vi x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme 8GB
    MonitorLG 27UD68-P - 4K Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250gb x1
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB x1
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 860 i
    Keyboard Logitech G413 (Black)
    Mouse Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
    Headset Sennheiser pc 8
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S3500
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Network RouterNetgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 Raspberry Pi 2 x1
    Accessory #3 Raspberry Pi 3 x1

I am still facing cold boot issues on 1701.

Tried everything out here, suggested by others. NO GO..................

Is Asus really working on this ?

Or did they gave up ?

On the other side AMD portal says maximum ram supported for 1800x is 2667 Dual Channel.

I mean what the heck is going on ?

Who can help us running the hardware, for the promised abilities we have paid for.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by graddumdum View Post
    I am still facing cold boot issues on 1701.

Tried everything out here, suggested by others. NO GO..................

Is Asus really working on this ?

Or did they gave up ?

On the other side AMD portal says maximum ram supported for 1800x is 2667 Dual Channel.

I mean what the heck is going on ?

Who can help us running the hardware, for the promised abilities we have paid for.
    It was already mentioned in a thread around here that the information on the box isn't promised and/or guaranteed to work. Basically, you should consider yourself lucky it works and be happy with that, at least according to what Asus suggests in regards to the RAM speeds. Cold boot issues won't even be attempted to be addressed until AGESA 1.0.0.7 is available and even so, no guarantees.
    Syaoran

Page 154 of 266 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast