Page 195 of 268 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2679
  1. #1941
    ROG Enthusiast Array kmaximo PC Specs
    kmaximo PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C15-16GTZ x 4 (64GB)
    Graphics Card #1PNY Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Monitor(3) x 24" Dell
    Storage #1M2-Samsung SSD 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2(2) x Crucial CT525MX300SSD1
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseAntec S10
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR
    Keyboard Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 USB Keyboard
    Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0
    Headset Sennheiser PC 350
    OS Windows 10 - always latest preview
    Network RouterNetgear
    Accessory #1 Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNaitsyrk View Post
    I dropped back, no change. Temps are high as a kite. 75C and it was climbing up.
    I guess my cooler is no good any more. Glad Corsair will RMA it for me.
    Did you remove your cooler and make sure lines aren't constricted , also remove and clean off all paste on both CPU and Pump and then put down new thermal paste but when you tighten down use screw driver to get best you can then take a wrench and go just a bit more. This will also make all the difference.

  2. #1942
    ROG Member Array r3dleh PC Specs
    r3dleh PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16-8GTZB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX280
    Power SupplySEASONIC S12II 620W
    OS Microsoft Windows 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    So anyone recomends the latest bios? i'm still using Bios 3008 Ram 3200MHZ 16-18-18-38-69 1T

  3. #1943
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    95

    I'm running 6001.

    Stress testing in linux right now and then i'll reboot into windows and see how it behaves.

    If all goes well, i'd say it's the best bios yet that I've tried (all of them from back when the thing was released).

    Update:

    this bios makes it easy to get an initial setup booted, but i had to play with settings to get my system stable at even stock 3.6Ghz with my ram at their set 3200Mhz rating. There's definitely room for much more improvement in how the ch6 manages it's voltages by default. Things should be fairly stable these days using stock cpu clocks and the rated specs of the ram you're using with adequate cooling. Still asking too much.

    64GB F4-3200C14-16GTZSW @ 3200Mhz 16 16 16 2T

    You should have no problem getting 1T single rank to get those numbers if it's spec'd accurately.
    Last edited by Darth Ender; 02-17-2018 at 08:29 AM.

  4. #1944
    ROG Enthusiast Array Red Core PC Specs
    Red Core PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Zephyrus S GX701 GVR 48GB DDR4 RAM
    ProcessorIntel I7-9750H
    Memory (part number)Phs Memory 32GB 2666 Dualchannel DD4 RAM
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG RTX 2060 1,4Ghz, 120Watt 77°C 50db
    MonitorAsus ROG 240hz G-sync On
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 510 2000gb
    Mouse Cherry 4K, Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha, impedance: 65, 27khz set to 24bit 192khz
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network Router1 Gbit/s but 200mbit/s download & 10mbit/s upload connection, 20~32ms ping
    Accessory #1 Phone: Xiaomi Mi9
    Red Core's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    58

    Bios 6001

    Existing problems:

    # Bus speed jumps btw 98~100.
    # Taskmanager reports 200~300mhz higher than the real core clock but mention the real core clock in the base clock. Wrong and right in same time.
    # Temp offset still exist.
    - with the bios 3008 + Sense MI enabled @ 3,925ghz 1,35V it reached 55C.
    - With the bios 6001 it goes to 75C @3,925ghz 1,35V, even Sense MI was/is enabled.

    CPU Z
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpuz.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	71699

    Taskmanager
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taskmanager.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	71700

    Btw.. new amd x370 driver appeared. version 18.10 since 12.02.2018.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chipsatzx370v18.10.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	71702
    Last edited by Red Core; 02-17-2018 at 10:38 AM.

  5. #1945
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    95

    Well, with some more playing around with voltages and adding a custom P2 to 1600mhz 900mv and letting P1 and P0 be auto, i have a stable 4Ghz OC that sits around 70-75C after 20min of all core linpack. That + 3200mhz ram, is looking pretty ideal given my setup.

  6. #1946
    ROG Member Array Bjes99 PC Specs
    Bjes99 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG STRIX GL703VM
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI HERO
    ProcessorRYZEN 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G Skill TridentZ RGB F4-4000C18-8GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1
    Sound CardASUS Essence STX II
    MonitorAcer Predator X34a 100hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2ZOTAC ZTSSD-A5P-480G-PE
    CPU CoolerFRACTAL DESIGN Celsius S36
    CaseCorsair Crystal Series 570x black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi 860
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Spark + Logitech G13
    Mouse Logitech G602 + G502
    Headset OPPO PM-3 + Schiit Vali 2
    Mouse Pad Gamdias NYX Control
    Headset/Speakers JBL Pro LSR305 + JBL Pro LSR310S
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC5300
    Bjes99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Hello to all here reading...

    First, let me start with the problem I'm having since I bought my rig 1 month ago.
    With every new BIOS (currently on 3502) I was unable to isolate bug/problem that most of you said it's no longer a problem since april BIOS release last year.

    Whenever I tried to read temperatures of some application (AIDA 64, Corsair LINK, CPU-Z, ect...), my temperature on CPU or VRM drops down to -70*C or -42*C, and my two intake fan coolers stop sppining. It doesnt happen as soon as I open application to read temp values, but after some time...sometimes after 20min or sometimes after 1or2 hours of web surffing, playing, enjoying music.
    At first I was blaming Asus software, but since I removed all of it, even Corsair LINK (Corsair Link dongle is however still conected to PSU and internal USB2 header)...all other apps that can read temperatures, mostly AIDA 64 (with logitech LCD support ON)...problem still happens. I tried numerous BIOS-es, reverted back to old ones and new ones, via flashback option (and reseted BIOS to default before updating it + remove battery for 10min), still problem is here.

    + I have very high DPC Latency (micro freezing sound and video) when starting AIDA 64 or CPU-Z. Is that normal? I found what is cousing high dps latency, it was my external HDD WD Elements 1.5Tb USB3.0...but still after it is disconnected, AIDA 64 and CPU-z high DPC latency still occurs.

    If any of you can help, I would really appreciate it...
    Thanks in advance!!!

  7. #1947
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjes99 View Post
    Hello to all here reading...

    First, let me start with the problem I'm having since I bought my rig 1 month ago.
    With every new BIOS (currently on 3502) I was unable to isolate bug/problem that most of you said it's no longer a problem since april BIOS release last year.

    Whenever I tried to read temperatures of some application (AIDA 64, Corsair LINK, CPU-Z, ect...), my temperature on CPU or VRM drops down to -70*C or -42*C, and my two intake fan coolers stop sppining. It doesnt happen as soon as I open application to read temp values, but after some time...sometimes after 20min or sometimes after 1or2 hours of web surffing, playing, enjoying music.
    At first I was blaming Asus software, but since I removed all of it, even Corsair LINK (Corsair Link dongle is however still conected to PSU and internal USB2 header)...all other apps that can read temperatures, mostly AIDA 64 (with logitech LCD support ON)...problem still happens. I tried numerous BIOS-es, reverted back to old ones and new ones, via flashback option (and reseted BIOS to default before updating it + remove battery for 10min), still problem is here.

    + I have very high DPC Latency (micro freezing sound and video) when starting AIDA 64 or CPU-Z. Is that normal? I found what is cousing high dps latency, it was my external HDD WD Elements 1.5Tb USB3.0...but still after it is disconnected, AIDA 64 and CPU-z high DPC latency still occurs.

    If any of you can help, I would really appreciate it...
    Thanks in advance!!!
    I have given up trying to manage temps on this baord. Voltages, temps, bus speed are all thumb sucks really. The negative temps are really odd though. The way i fixed an issue i had was to select one of the OC profiles, i uesed the 3600mhz memory one. It reset the BIOS too defaults. I then set everything manually and it seems to be working. i dont think that i will ever use the word stable with this build, ever.

    What memory are you using and what timming is it running at? I have found anything below 2400mhz is terrible. I have 32gb of generic 2133mhz memory and it is horrible, lag /stutters almost all the time.

  8. #1948
    ROG Member Array Bjes99 PC Specs
    Bjes99 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG STRIX GL703VM
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI HERO
    ProcessorRYZEN 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G Skill TridentZ RGB F4-4000C18-8GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1
    Sound CardASUS Essence STX II
    MonitorAcer Predator X34a 100hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2ZOTAC ZTSSD-A5P-480G-PE
    CPU CoolerFRACTAL DESIGN Celsius S36
    CaseCorsair Crystal Series 570x black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi 860
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Spark + Logitech G13
    Mouse Logitech G602 + G502
    Headset OPPO PM-3 + Schiit Vali 2
    Mouse Pad Gamdias NYX Control
    Headset/Speakers JBL Pro LSR305 + JBL Pro LSR310S
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC5300
    Bjes99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjonnyrock View Post
    I have given up trying to manage temps on this baord. Voltages, temps, bus speed are all thumb sucks really. The negative temps are really odd though. The way i fixed an issue i had was to select one of the OC profiles, i uesed the 3600mhz memory one. It reset the BIOS too defaults. I then set everything manually and it seems to be working. i dont think that i will ever use the word stable with this build, ever.

    What memory are you using and what timming is it running at? I have found anything below 2400mhz is terrible. I have 32gb of generic 2133mhz memory and it is horrible, lag /stutters almost all the time.
    At the moment, CPU on default and memory on 2666 Mhz(15,15,15,36,51,1T)since I went nuts with tweeking everything. I use to run CPU on 4000Mhz and RAM on 3200Mhz...but I don't want to run it without exact temperature reading. I never had this kind of stupid issues with my old rig Asus P6T, i7-920 o.c. to 3800, 12Gb Corsair XMS3 @ 1600Mhz. Most stable MB/PROC/RAM combo ever, 9 years without problems on Win7 PRO - 64Bit.

    I read about other X370 motherboards and I regret not buying cheeper GA-AX370-Gaming K7 with 3200Mhz RAM speed out of box, instead I went for ASUS which was always my first choice in the past.

  9. #1949
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Clouseau PC Specs
    Clouseau PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    Processor3800X @ PE lvl3
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @ 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime SSR-1200PD
    OS Windows 10 Pro RS4(1903)
    Clouseau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    146

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjonnyrock View Post
    I have given up trying to manage temps on this baord. Voltages, temps, bus speed are all thumb sucks really. The negative temps are really odd though. The way i fixed an issue i had was to select one of the OC profiles, i uesed the 3600mhz memory one. It reset the BIOS too defaults. I then set everything manually and it seems to be working. i dont think that i will ever use the word stable with this build, ever.

    What memory are you using and what timming is it running at? I have found anything below 2400mhz is terrible. I have 32gb of generic 2133mhz memory and it is horrible, lag /stutters almost all the time.
    The issue was identified as having more than one program polling PCH. The problem appeared to have been resolved when some individuals chose to just have one program poll the PCH. When opening HWiNFO64 for the first time a window pops up stating that it detected that the board appears to "what ever type of sensor". The PCH is that sensor.

  10. #1950
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    The issue was identified as having more than one program polling PCH. The problem appeared to have been resolved when some individuals chose to just have one program poll the PCH. When opening HWiNFO64 for the first time a window pops up stating that it detected that the board appears to "what ever type of sensor". The PCH is that sensor.
    Thats what stats look like at 4hgz, and HWiNFO64 is the only thing i a m using to monitor.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2018-02-18_17-38-21.jpg  


Page 195 of 268 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •