Page 253 of 255 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2542
    New ROGer Array

6808 and 6903 were pure rubbish, trying now on 7002 and so far seems fine... At least for now I didn't get random q-code 2 or random q-code 8 at runtime like i got with the previous firmwares.

Just a note: flashing from 6401 to 7002 and then resetting everything to run b-die RAM @ 3200 had a first long 2 minute or more of boot with different q-codes before proper OS loading, which may looks like a freeze for most impatient people...Maybe it was for the different microcode.. All the following boot works fine in a couple of seconds, even from a complete power down with the traditional and undocumented double boot.
    So, I advice simply to wait at least a couple of minutes before starting panic mode when you upgrade or downgrade the BIOS and then change a lot of settings..

ROG Enthusiast Array Falck PC Specs
    Falck PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero Wi-FI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Flare X @3446 14-14-14-14-22-36-1T
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardFiio Q5
    MonitorSamsung C34F791
    Storage #1250GB 960 EVO M.2
    Storage #23 x 500GB 850EVO RAID0 | 2 x 1TB WD Red RAID0
    CPU CoolerDeepCool Captain 360EX
    CaseLian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M750
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 600
    Headset B&W P9
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QCK Prism
    Headset/Speakers B&W P9/BOSE Companion 5
    OS W10 x64
    Network RouterASUS Lyra

Yeah. This is the first BIOS I get the flashin 8 QC when OCing. And the LED on the board report graphicscard-error when I use DisplayPort (White LED keeps lit). Is possible to override if booting with HDMI cable and switch to DP after Windows login.

ROG Enthusiast Array AfterShock PC Specs
    AfterShock PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1Evga GTX 1080TI
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus VE278Q
    Storage #1Corsair MP500 M.2
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2 Extreme
    Casecorsair crystal 570x
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RMx Series 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe mk2
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset AfterGlow
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterBuffalo WZR-1750DHP

Quote Originally Posted by Falck View Post
    Yeah. This is the first BIOS I get the flashin 8 QC when OCing. And the LED on the board report graphicscard-error when I use DisplayPort (White LED keeps lit). Is possible to override if booting with HDMI cable and switch to DP after Windows login.
    I've been having the white led stay on for along time, like 4 or 5 bios versions, everything still works but the monitor wouldn't turn on until I was booted into windows, a restart would make it go away and then sometimes It would be just fine for a week. Haven't hooked up an hdmi cable to see if it goes away completely because besides the delay before the monitor turns on it doesn't really mean anything.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array skellattarr PC Specs
    skellattarr PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair vi Hero bios 6301
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 4X8 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1rog strix gtx 1080
    Sound Cardcreative sound blaster ae-5
    Monitoracer 28inch 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 evo 1tb m.2/Mushkin Reactor 1tb ssd
    Storage #23x 3tb hhd/segate 10TB drive
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i
    CaseThermaltake veiw 71 case
    Power Supplycorsair 1200w
    Keyboard Corsair k95 rgb
    Mouse corsair m65 pro rgb
    Mouse Pad corsair mm800 rgb polaris
    Headset/Speakers logitech 5.1
    OS windows 10 pro

i have been on bios 6301 forever no problems with it. with all the problems i have been hearing with all the newer bios I will stick with this one forever 6301 is my final bios
    amd ryzen 7 1800x
    CROSSHAIR Vi hero
    Corsair Hydro Series H115i
    G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 32gb 4x8gb
    asus rog strix gtx 1080
    TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb and a 1tb mushkin ssd
    corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
    LG DVD BURNER
    corsair obsidian 750d case

ROG Member Array

My Status: Installed the new 7002 bios

6903 crashed me like I haven't seen since the early days. Lots of weird numbers coming out of the different voltages etc.
    7002 is back to stability and running just fine at 4300mhz.
    Memory at 3000mhz 64GB 68 OHM.
    Very happy with new bios thus far. Installed it from USB drive using the bios flash tool in the bios without issues.
    However, I can attest to having a massive issue a couple bios's ago that took me 2 hours to get my machine to boot so I feel anyone having issues atm.

New ROGer Array

I'm about to put 2700X into a new motherboard (Crosshair VI) but I was wondering which BIOS you guys would recommend?

This is a brand new system, so at first I just want stability. The fine tuning and overclocking can come later, days or weeks after everything is up and running.

I've read that the latest is ok, but also seems to be some complications with error codes on startup etc. I can put 7002 on one USB stick, but what would you recommend for a second BIOS? An earlier stable one that's still allows the motherboard to use this CPU?

And also, just to confirm.. once patching to 7002, you are able to go backwards into earlier versions right? Because on the Asrock Taichi, once you go to the latest version, you can never go back. There is also bridge versions that need to be installed before installing certain versions.

ASUS doesn't have any of those limitations right? So 7002 for the latest, but what would be a good earlier version for reliability/stability as a backup incase I have problems?

AfterShock PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus VE278Q
    Casecorsair crystal 570x
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset AfterGlow
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jonotallica View Post
    I'm about to put 2700X into a new motherboard (Crosshair VI) but I was wondering which BIOS you guys would recommend?

This is a brand new system, so at first I just want stability. The fine tuning and overclocking can come later, days or weeks after everything is up and running.

I've read that the latest is ok, but also seems to be some complications with error codes on startup etc. I can put 7002 on one USB stick, but what would you recommend for a second BIOS? An earlier stable one that's still allows the motherboard to use this CPU?

And also, just to confirm.. once patching to 7002, you are able to go backwards into earlier versions right? Because on the Asrock Taichi, once you go to the latest version, you can never go back. There is also bridge versions that need to be installed before installing certain versions.

ASUS doesn't have any of those limitations right? So 7002 for the latest, but what would be a good earlier version for reliability/stability as a backup incase I have problems?
    I keep 6401 on a flashback drive just incase as that build is rock solid, I'm on 7002 since it was released and I haven't had any issues at all with it and yes it is possible to use bios flashback to try a different version.

New ROGer Array

Thanks, but due to using 2700X, I'm stuck being able to use versions 6004 or later. I'll have to do some searching and browsing around I guess. As the stability of BIOSs would be dependant on which CPU you are using. So what's unstable for a 1700X might not be unstable for 2700X and vice versa. But then if it's a decent company like ASUS (usually), maybe the latest can be best for all CPU's, even the older ones. I don't think it's like this was Asrock though. Especially how you can't go back.. that really sucks to be stuck having to wait for a fix of a beta BIOS.

Good news that ASUS let's you go back and forth without that limitation.

AfterShock PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus VE278Q
    Casecorsair crystal 570x
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset AfterGlow
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jonotallica View Post
    Thanks, but due to using 2700X, I'm stuck being able to use versions 6004 or later. I'll have to do some searching and browsing around I guess. As the stability of BIOSs would be dependant on which CPU you are using. So what's unstable for a 1700X might not be unstable for 2700X and vice versa. But then if it's a decent company like ASUS (usually), maybe the latest can be best for all CPU's, even the older ones. I don't think it's like this was Asrock though. Especially how you can't go back.. that really sucks to be stuck having to wait for a fix of a beta BIOS.

Good news that ASUS let's you go back and forth without that limitation.
    I'm also using 2700x and haven't had any issues with the 6401 or 7002 firmware.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alessio1989 View Post
    6808 and 6903 were pure rubbish, trying now on 7002 and so far seems fine... At least for now I didn't get random q-code 2 or random q-code 8 at runtime like i got with the previous firmwares.

Just a note: flashing from 6401 to 7002 and then resetting everything to run b-die RAM @ 3200 had a first long 2 minute or more of boot with different q-codes before proper OS loading, which may looks like a freeze for most impatient people...Maybe it was for the different microcode.. All the following boot works fine in a couple of seconds, even from a complete power down with the traditional and undocumented double boot.
    So, I advice simply to wait at least a couple of minutes before starting panic mode when you upgrade or downgrade the BIOS and then change a lot of settings..
    nevermind, just got q-code 8 at runtime...

Page 253 of 255 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 LastLast