Page 32 of 267 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

The only way to do that is to name the BIOS you want to flash to C6H.CAP and place it on the stick. Then you use the rear panel buttons as follows.

1. Turn off your power supply or unplug the power cord.
    2. Press and hold the CMOS clear button on the back panel for a second or two.
    3. Turn on the power supply switch or plug it back in but DO NOT press the start button to boot the machine.
    4. Press the flashback button on the back panel until it begins flashing. It should flash for several minutes. When it stops flashing the BIOS you chose has been restored. If it flashes a few times and quits, there's something amiss with your flash drive.

That's the only way to go back from some later BIOS versions. The key is the renaming and using the clear/flashback buttons to do the flash.

New ROGer Array

yes its possible to flash an older bios over top current existing bios

the easiest way i found is to download the older bios from source, then

download BRenamerl.exe from asus bios utilities

save both to a usbflash drive

run the exe which should create a Ch6.cap file out of the old bios, {onto the flashcard}

next turn off the computer insert the flashcard into the 1 first {usb port labled bios on the back panel}
    hold down the flashbios button for 3 seconds
    the computer then updates to bios using the failsafe flashback and will reboot

once it has rebooted, the old bios should be restored.

the other way to do it is from Windows using the ez flashback software {but if u cant get to windows, then the above is the only option}

New ROGer Array

with my os installed onto an M.2 500 Gb stick bios update 1107:
    creates an infinite loop of restarting then drops back into UEFI
    all settings are turned to auto ,

AE displayed as the errors code when i try to manually enter the m2 as a boot option from UEFI settings.

in essence it will not recognize a m2 as a bootable device

{had to do a bios rollback to get out of this , and it re-occurred with m2 as a boot drive. when i updated back to 1107 from 1002}

option b is to boot from any of the following: sata, mechanical, usb
    Last edited by strmckr; 05-05-2017 at 07:51 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    The only way to do that is to name the BIOS you want to flash to C6H.CAP and place it on the stick. Then you use the rear panel buttons as follows.

1. Turn off your power supply or unplug the power cord.
    2. Press and hold the CMOS clear button on the back panel for a second or two.
    3. Turn on the power supply switch or plug it back in but DO NOT press the start button to boot the machine.
    4. Press the flashback button on the back panel until it begins flashing. It should flash for several minutes. When it stops flashing the BIOS you chose has been restored. If it flashes a few times and quits, there's something amiss with your flash drive.

That's the only way to go back from some later BIOS versions. The key is the renaming and using the clear/flashback buttons to do the flash.
    Did the same before and tried again now, the flashback button doesn't start flashing. The BIOS files are readable from USB using EZ Tool, but only version 1107 is flashable from UEFI,

Leds are gone, now it seems that the flashback port is not working... the USB pendrive is FAT32, checked multiple times on windows and on linux (W95 FAT32 LBA).

ROG Member Array

Make sure you name the file correctly. I know at least a few that have had this problem, due to naming it CH6 instead of the correct C6H.

New ROGer Array RueiKe PC Specs
    RueiKe PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorR7 1700
    Graphics Card #1R9 Nano
    Graphics Card #2R9 Nano
    Graphics Card #3R9 Nano
    Graphics Card #4R9 Nano

1107 Q code 8, 1002 unstable

With BIOS 1107 my system was unstable often getting q code 8. Sometime immediately and sometimes after more than 10 hours. I run this machine fully loaded with SETI@Home 24/7. I am back to 1002, but even this is unstable and never able to run for more than 24 hours before hanging, with q code still normal 24. I am not overclocking anything. I have a 1700 running at 3GHz, 16G of 2400MHz memory running JEDEC timing and voltages, C-states disabled, boost disabled.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    BaneSilvermoon PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)G-skill 4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerCase Integrated 360mm Liquid AIO
    CaseDEEPCOOL GENOME ROG
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider SST-ST1200-PT
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Stealth
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Win10 Home
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6

I had a couple USB drives that just wouldn't work for flashback. Once I put it on the one I use now I haven't had any further issues.

So far so good with 1107 for me. I haven't seen any obvious improvements verses 1002, but it's not causing any new issues either, and it cleared up the heat gain I was getting with 1106.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Game View Post
    Make sure you name the file correctly. I know at least a few that have had this problem, due to naming it CH6 instead of the correct C6H.
    I'm using BRenamer that check and convert the bios file to C6H.CAP as you mentioned.

ROG Enthusiast Array moshdaman PC Specs
    moshdaman PC Specs
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorR5-1600X
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 08G GTX1070
    MonitorAsus PG278QR 165HZ
    Storage #1Crucial MX300 525GB
    Storage #2Toshiba 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseNZXT H440 2015
    Power SupplyEVGA 650W G2 80+
    Keyboard TopElek Mchanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Havit MS735
    Headset Corsair VOID RGB wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Galiathus
    OS Win 10 pro

Quote Originally Posted by mrcmrc View Post
    I flashed the 1107 version hoping to fix the leds on my CH6 after the mess made by AURA, leds are still dead. I wanted to revert to an old bios, but I'm unable to flash an older bios using the EZ Utility from BIOS, only the same bios version is readable now, older versions are not recognized as valid anymore. I've tried the Asus Flashback function putting C6H.CAP on a FAT32 USB drive. I turn off the PC and press the bios button but no light blinking from the button, seems that the flashback feature is not working.

Has anyone tried to flash an older bios ? I did it without problems on my prime x370-pro, but on my CH6 seems impossible to do so.
    my leds on the board died when i installed aura software i then uninstalled and restared pc, loaded pc then entred bios and loaded optimized defaults then switched off pc unplugged for 10 or so secs and then cleared cmos and booted my led were working after that with the same red breathing tone i had set before STRANGE!!!!!! it works fine now though.
    Every time i install aura software s my leds get bricked this solution has now worked 3 times.

ROG Enthusiast Array moshdaman PC Specs
    moshdaman PC Specs
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorR5-1600X
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 08G GTX1070
    MonitorAsus PG278QR 165HZ
    Storage #1Crucial MX300 525GB
    Storage #2Toshiba 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseNZXT H440 2015
    Power SupplyEVGA 650W G2 80+
    Keyboard TopElek Mchanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Havit MS735
    Headset Corsair VOID RGB wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Galiathus
    OS Win 10 pro

Thumbs up

just realised the 4GHZ oc preset is not workinkg scince 1107 it has underclocked my cpu to 2.2ghz, this is very upsetting as it is very simple i could get my ram to 2933 that seemed good enough for what i was doing.

Page 32 of 267 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast