Page 37 of 267 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by flynkalika View Post
    Yep, my bad, just a mistype. No new agesa anyways...

DO NOT take my word for the led-gate (ahhaa)
    Ha ha! I thought you had access to a super-secret BIOS and I wanted it! Yeah, I'll wait for the new agesa update.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    Ha ha! I thought you had access to a super-secret BIOS and I wanted it! Yeah, I'll wait for the new agesa update.
    it would make me like mr robot or something like that lol

Try this one, it helps a bit with cold boots issue. Still haven't tried to tweak a bit voltages around^^

I'm okay with cold boot on 1107 -- really hoping mostly for my RGB lights on the mobo to start working again. Seems like that might be in the next major release.

You're not a robot? I was about to say "Domo origato, Mr. Roboto." (Well, maybe some folks don't know that song, lol.)

ROG Guru: White Belt Array eight-bit PC Specs
    eight-bit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)RoG Strix GL502VS-DB71
    MotherboardRoG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    MonitorHP 25BW 25"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset SoundBlaster WoW Wireless Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-140
    OS Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition
    Accessory #1 NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1 USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by flynkalika View Post
    @raja @elmor

I have just flashed bios beta 1207:

Cold boot issue are changed: after cutting down power and powering on there's only 1 "restart", before there were two.
    Led: they're back to work

nothing else to report yet, i will dig in later this evening!
    I read this post yesterday and got so suped that 1201 could correct RGB problems.
    Got home from work, told the dog he'd have to wait for his walk because there was flashing to be done.
    Cleared CMOS, flashed 1201, restarted, sighed ... took dog for walk.

Was there anything specific about the order of steps you did to accomplish this? Method you used? (Flash from AISuite, flash from BIOS, flash using button on rear of board?)

For me, I flashed from BIOS. Update went smooth, just no life being breathed back into my RGB

Still holding onto hope

ROG Enthusiast Array

MSI beat asus to the punch on the new Agesa code update. Come on guys we are number 1.
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    3930k @5.1ghz
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10 @ 2400Mhz 9-11-11-31 1T
    Power color Radeon HD 7990 Flashed to Devil 13
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

ROG Junior Member Array

BIOS 1107....crashed in style

Hi Folks, in need of some help....
    As a new owner of a CH6 and a new Ryzen 1700x cpu, i do expect a few issues but this has just about got cake and eaten it all...
    Anyways system is CH6 with ryzen 1700x, 16gb HyperX 2666 kit, XFX Rx 480 GTR Black Edition and Cosair aio cpu cooler...think thats all besides fans and coolermaster power supply 850W,
    So seen there was a new bios posted on mb driver page as an update so proceeded to install using asus ez flash 3 via the web ypdate which got me no where it said i had the latest bios already....hmmm, ok downloaded file from aforementioned webpage, used the bios rename tool, loaded on thumb drive used asus ez flash 3.....installed fine said it told me it was ok...honest...restarted itself....and thats when it happened.....CRASH.....siezed up locked up bricked call it what you will....it failed in style.....a few choice where used at this point.
    Checked the Q-code led for error code...cause thats what its there for right.....hmmm....not good have yellow/orange lit with a code of 0d....another deep hmmmm.
    Looked in handbook....Ahhhhh....Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes....apparently ive time warped into the future....lol
    Not supposed to cause errors but fix them anyways pressed the onboard reset button roughly 6 times only for for it to halt at 0d, ok 1 more try....this time actually booted into bios screen everything looks fine few more options worry about them later so left everything at default pressed ok for save and reset...OMG....this damm bleeping computer...yes you guessed it, it stopped at error code 0d.
    Ok so shut down put the thumb drive in the bios flashback with the computer off....ahhh you thought i had it on, didnt you....anyways pressed the button and cool it started to flash and work...it finished removed drive and pressed the power button, with high confidence....CRASH....again....OMFG....WTH.....ne ed coffee to think...lol
    Again pressed the onboard reset button roughly 6 times before it finally made it to bios screen, left all at default hit save and reset....AHHHHHH......CRASH....(wheres my hammer....thinking not doing lol)
    Phoned customer srvice and talked to a very nice man, explained what happened, suggested i roll back bios to 1002 until further notice or another update is avaiable....ok fine no problem i said
    So the point of this little episode is WHY?....do i have something thats incompatible with the new bios update, why that specific error code or is that just a go to code for something it dont know yet, what is everybody else doing to get the update to run is there something i missed, not doing.
    If you need more info or something i missed let me know and ill post as soon as i can, nice to find out what is the cause of this im sure im not the only one this has happened to,

Thanks for all your help
    Think i might have posted this in the wrong place...lol

0d is usually a memory problem. Memory has to go through something called "training" and it can fail catastophically. Do you have any other memory around to test with? If it were me the answer would be "no" because this is my first foray into DDR4.

If you get back to the BIOS screen, don't use D.O.C.P. and set your memory to a 2133 mhz profile and reboot. Chances are if you still get a 0d after one or two tries you have some bad memory -- or of course it could be a hosed motherboard.

I've had a few choice words for my system while getting it to where it is. I hear you.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Member Array tarot PC Specs
    tarot PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X370 crosshair hero vi(baymax)
    Processor1800x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX3200
    Graphics Card #1R9 FuryX
    MonitorAOC 28 inch 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 850 evo 512 Gig
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseCorsair 750
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000
    Keyboard MS sidewinder(yes that old)
    Mouse Razer
    Headset none(rel men use speakers)
    Mouse Pad mat of razerblades(real men stuff :) )
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 pro

first less lump more paragraphs my head hurts
    with the bios throw the one you want on a fat32 formatted drive.
    use the bios flash from drive and go to said usb.
    unless you are going backwards you generally do not need to rename it but it doesn't hurt anyway just you can't see what version you are flashing.
    if you are referring to the 1107 bios that one is fine (at least from most reports i am seeing)
    but
    always rest the bios to defaults and try to clear cmos before flashing, sometimes you can get away with it but most weird crap happens safer than sorry.

when you first get back into the bios pick a memory speed. if yours is 2666 manual set to 2666 up the dram voltage to 1.35 in the main extreme page and the extreme digi page under dram boot voltage.

try to avoid using docp as i have found it to be very hit and miss.
    setup your fan profiles in qfan or in monitor down the bottom.
    go to the second last page and save those bios settings under say stock profile one
    reboot.
    if it does it quick without retrying your good to go.

ROG Member Array

And if/when you do rename the file, it's C6H (Crosshair 6 Hero), not CH6 that you named above a couple times

And don't make it C2H6 either -- that's ethane which has an incredible vapor/liquid flash ratio and a low flash point. You don't want THAT in your case, lol.

And yes, I'm an engineering nerd who does some pipeline work.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Page 37 of 267 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast