Page 93 of 268 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey-foxtrot View Post
    Nice!! Now try OCCT+Linpack with AVX and "All cores" enabled. The only reason I'm asking because out of 8 CPU's (all 1800X', with identical mobo's, RAM etc etc), only 1 passed the one hour mark.
    So i'm using the new 9920 beta.

So far my best is > 1 hour occt with linbench + avx + all cores. only 3.6Ghz with 3Ghz ram. More testing is needed.

EDIT: so tested some more. cpu at 3923Mhz, ram at 3Ghz. Seems solid, but didn't run the full hour yet. I appear to be hitting the cpu tdp that the motherboard wants to support (155 watts). Temperature stays around 74C but cpu freqency drops to around 3.7Ghz after a while.

EDIT 2: So 3923Mhz cpu (i'm calling this 4Ghz). Ram is at 3197Mhz (3200). Still, tdp is reaching around 150-155watts and throttling the cpu frequency down to 3.7Ghz. Temps stayed below 74C. This seems pretty solid for the occt stress test, went 20 min with no issues so once I'm done playing around i'll let it run for the full hour and 20 min.

EDIT 3: occt with linpack, avx and all logical cores. 55min then an error was detected. I still think that's pretty solid since nothing is going to generate this kind of sustained load on the processor in real life. It's by far the most stable a 4Ghz w/ 3200mhz ram config that i've been able to get so far.
    Last edited by Darth Ender; 07-22-2017 at 07:41 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    You won't be getting test builds (99xx naming) on C6H Wifi. You will get official betas with the resulting final changes.
    I don't understand it is almost the same mobo and yet we don't get the same benefits why?*
    Its 99,99% the same so how hard can it be to change the build so we can also test and give feedback?

Asus is totally penalizing this version being also more expensive. I had to ask here for help because the wifi version support site with all the drivers and bios didn't work until 2-3 days ago .....
    Last edited by Ocelot; 07-22-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I don't understand it is almost the same mobo and yet we don't get the same benefits why?*
    Its 99,99% the same so how hard can it be to change the build so we can also test and give feedback?

Asus is totally penalizing this version being also more expensive. I had to ask here for help because the wifi version support site with all the drivers and bios didn't work until 2-3 days ago .....

There are only so many BIOS engineers, so we have to draw a line under how many betas we ask for. Boards may be similar, but it's one more build at a time when we are stretched beyond belief.

There is no problem at the moment
    9920 looks great

ROG Member Array graddumdum PC Specs
    graddumdum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Pavilion 15-p209tx
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero Vi x370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme 8GB
    MonitorLG 27UD68-P - 4K Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250gb x1
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB x1
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 860 i
    Keyboard Logitech G413 (Black)
    Mouse Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
    Headset Sennheiser pc 8
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S3500
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Network RouterNetgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 Raspberry Pi 2 x1
    Accessory #3 Raspberry Pi 3 x1

9920 - It fixed my rig partially

I am using F4-3000C14D-16GTZ ( Stock Timing - 14-14-14-14-34).

Manual settings - frequency to 3k / RAM Voltage 1.35 / Vboot Voltage 1.35 / And timings are stock.

Ram is now running at 3k but cold boot happening 2 times. Tried 1.365 voltage for RAM and Vboot as well.

Also tried to set ram overclock failure to 6- upto 10 , cold boot didnot fixed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There are only so many BIOS engineers, so we have to draw a line under how many betas we ask for. Boards may be similar, but it's one more build at a time when we are stretched beyond belief.
    I understand that and really appreciate you taking the time and trying to help. It would be ok when the build for the WIFI version would be released 2-3 days later but if it is true what elmor is saying and we dont get the beta at all and have to wait for the official release that is not acceptable.

I understand that and really appreciate you taking the time and trying to help. It would be ok when the build for the WIFI version would be released 2-3 days later but if it is true what elmor is saying and we dont get the beta at all and have to wait for the official release that is not acceptable.
    The official builds will take some time. Thats just how it is.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array andyliu PC Specs
    andyliu PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)(32GB) 2*F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 FTW
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyThermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3100 + PCE-AC88

I think what elmor saying is that you will be getting beta (RC build, release candidate) after majority of bugs being sorted out on test build(early beta, if you want to look at it ttat way).
    c6h is one that comes with less feature (at least that's how I understand it), sort of like foundation for the house, that's why it's where the test build being built upon.
    You dont really want to build something on that's not solid and introduce more issue, like kill the wifi module (hope it wont happen ;p).
    You are not ignored, more like valued because we are Guinea pig for you ;p
    Last edited by andyliu; 07-22-2017 at 07:49 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    The official builds will take some time. Thats just how it is.
    I think you misunderstood Im not saying 2-3 days later for the final build Im saying the same non WIFI beta build.
    Beta build for non WIFI -> 2-3 days later the same build for the WIFI version.

I think you misunderstood Im not saying 2-3 days later for the final build Im saying the same non WIFI beta build.
    Beta build for non WIFI -> 2-3 days later the same build for the WIFI version.
    No, the post alluded to the fact that you'll have to wait for the official builds.

Page 93 of 268 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast