Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by chilinmichael View Post
    I can understand being without a PC for a failing part that the warranty covers, but due to gross negligence and carelessness on the part of Asus repair is unacceptable. They should learn their lesson and do the right thing. Also apologize for not posting up damage yet, been hectic lately at work.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree that it shouldn't have to be this way. I'm just not surprised is all. There is potentially a lot of overhead cost with a loaner program and it has to be put in place ahead of time. While I don't doubt some PC vendor has one, probably as a business class service, it's not common.

Like I said, make sure to PM cl-Albert. He's been able to grease the wheels for other users that had difficult RMA circumstances. It's worth a shot.
    Last edited by xeromist; 03-27-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

Just an update to this: The PC abruptly shut itself off a couple of days ago while watching Netflix, mind you, just days before my warranty runs out (thank god). Pressing the power button now results in nothing. I promptly called Asus, said they are taking it back and demanded a pre-paid shipping label and for them to fix the physical damage at the same time. They agreed without incident (a good show of customer service) and it's on the way in. How it comes back to me, is another story and we will see. I also requested information on how long the current repair would be warrantied for, but am awaiting information on that.

Needless to say, I'm contemplating selling this off once it's back and getting a new PC (it may even be an ROG again). The hop to i7-7700 and 1080 from my 6700 and 980 isn't entirely enticing though when I think about it, considering the cost factor, but we will see.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Ball Python Enthusiast Array

It will come back probably broken. My friend busted his ASUS motherboard by trying to OC his PC to 5.0 but they agreed to fix it (it was so damaged the SATA controllers were visibly warped) they gave him the same motherboard back 2 months later that was still visibly broken AF but with a new CMOS battery, it looked hilarious(ly bad). That's my friend's experience anyway, I saw you asked if anyone had experiences so that was my friend's, hopefully that's on topic enough.

The saga continues:

The machine came back, the physical damage they were supposed to fix from repair 1 months ago during this repair, did not happen. The motherboard was replaced (again) but the side panel still had marks as I've noted in other posts. It was overnighted back as I demanded to be fixed, it's now just gotten to my house marked with "no trouble" and the damage not repaired. Now I'm apparently waiting for claims/no trouble teams to contact my cell either today or tomorrow as per yesterday, to tell me what's going to happen next as I've demanded they now outright replace the unit since they can't fix the damage they did. The reps on the phone have been stellar, but their repair center is absolutely useless.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

You may want to post this in the service inquiry sub-forum if you need HQ to apply pressure on the local service center.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Much appreciated, but at this point the PC is sitting on my couch in box and the service center is no longer involved unless your and my description of service center isn't the same. Right now, it's apparently up to "claims" and "no trouble found" departments as of my call with Asus yesterday. They stated neither department had a direct line, nor was there a ticket associated with my inquiry beyond my latest RMA number which is marked closed and no longer available on the site. I was told it would be 24 to 48 hours for that call to happen to my cell.

I repeatedly stated they will need to replace my unit and expedite this since they forfeited their right to repair, but she would not directly acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    You may want to post this in the service inquiry sub-forum if you need HQ to apply pressure on the local service center.

Well as an update, it's in for their THIRD attempt to repair some simple physical damage. The CS reps on the phone are nice, but as I told them, no matter what assurances they give me over the phone, I have no confidence in the repair center but we'll see. I told them if it's not fixed this time I'm going to have to demand a replacement. We're talking weeks and weeks now out of a PC and to me, they've forfeited their right to repair, so they must replace if it comes back damaged again. It was over 2 hours on the phone this time to properly document what needs to be fixed. Who is going to compensate me for time spent and time without a PC? Nobody.

Not the greatest overall experience, to say the least. I had to even re-forward them the email from March when they originally damaged the unit. Good record-keeping skills on their part.

*As an additional update, the unit is on the way back with "case replaced" as the repair notes, so this time it should be good. I spoke to a supervisor and told them considering the time spent and the ineptitude of their repair center, I want 6 months of additional warranty on this unit which they did note and approve.

*As a final update, the PC did arrive with both side panels replaced. Upon turning it on, the lighting was not working. Having enough with the incompetent, incapable and inept repair center I opened the PC up and the bottom lighting connector was hanging there not connected. Once I fixed that, all lighting came online and worked. I called customer support to let them know of my anger with their repair center, and that if I wasn't in IT and knew how to do this, they would have been taking the PC back yet again. This has hands down been the absolute worst experience with any repair of any item I've ever had. While customer service is quite nice on the phone, they will not simply replace the PC almost at any cost and will have you continue sending it back in until their repair center decides to actually repair it right, and even at that, other items may be broken. I sent it in March for a motherboard, and got a scratched PC back. I sent it in for the panel to be replaced and after the third time, they do that but disconnect the lighting. Sad, and this will make me rethink buying Asus the next time around.
    Last edited by chilinmichael; 07-30-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2