cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VII hero not booting

Kudafoolhu
Level 7
Hi, I have an Asus Maximus VII hero and it's not booting up. When I press the power button nothing happens. But all the motherboard lights are on.
And also bios flashback light keeps on blinking. Please help.

My set up:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII HERO
RAM: Vengeance (2 x 8GB) Dual Channel DDR3
PSU: CORSAIR AX760
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
4 REPLIES 4

Puffnstuff
Level 10
The bios flashback light should not be blinking which is an error indicator. Did you try to flash the mb using the bios flashback feature? What is the q-code led showing if anything? Have you tried resetting the bios? Is this a new build or did it work and then suddenly stop working?
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

I have been using the system for over an year now. Then one day it didn't boot. So i checked the bios flashback button and it was blinking. I managed to flash the latest bios update later that day and the system booted up. But the next day I faced the same problem again.

Kudafoolhu wrote:
I have been using the system for over an year now. Then one day it didn't boot. So i checked the bios flashback button and it was blinking. I managed to flash the latest bios update later that day and the system booted up. But the next day I faced the same problem again.

It sounds like the cmos battery is dead or something the way it's losing the bios. Have you tried replacing the cmos battery?

Kudafoolhu wrote:

Are any led's flashing on the board while it's shut down or booting? What codes are showing while this is going on? A bad cmos battery wouldn't force you to reflash the board o boot. If its still under warranty I'd RMA it before the warranty runs out.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932