cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20CI Overheating and fan is going crazy

Mortex
Level 7
So yeah i have this new computer and even when i'm just browsing internet my fan goes crazy, and it overheats easily when i play only csgo. Is this normal..?
10 REPLIES 10

chilinmichael
Level 10
Hi, what do you mean by "overheats", can you elaborate? Are you using any piece of software to check temps vs specific max ceiling and find that it's going above that? What browser are you using/extensions? Have you checked task manager to see if something is maxing out the CPU at that time?
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Bill
Level 7
Hello Mortex
Have you monitored your temperature? How high was it? What's the room temp? Were you running anything else in the background?
Thank you

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
it sounds like the pc has had a bump in transport and the cpu coolie could have easily be damage, or unless one if your fans is not spinning and only have 1 fan going, if you open it up the warranty is void, either take that chance or send back to get it replaced, but the pc should be quiet

Whoopee

My computer got repaired and 3 fans got changed. Still nothing changed and fans are going crazy at every game and even just browsing internet. I'm checking my tempatures and fanspeed at AEGIS III software.

costinb
Level 7
Happened to me too. I7 7700 idle in the 55 celsius area, which seems excessive and chassis fan reported as stopped after every other reboot or shutdown. Awaiting replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your processor an Intel 7700. Your symptoms sound very much like a current issue for many people with the 7700K in particular but not exclusively. There is a thread on Intel's forums right now speaking to this. Intel has this issue under investigation.

Thermal sensor issue i7-7700k?

isaacc wrote:
Is your processor an Intel 7700. Your symptoms sound very much like a current issue for many people with the 7700K in particular but not exclusively. There is a thread on Intel's forums right now speaking to this. Intel has this issue under investigation.

Thermal sensor issue i7-7700k?

Yes i have 7700

My idle temps hoovers around 45-50, when I play games like overwatch, it goes up to 75 ish. But when I play CS:GO it goes up to
95-100 degrees (computer started to thermal throttling). I tried to undervolt the CPU using Intel XTU and managed to undervolt the CPU by 100mV.
Still the CPU thermal throttles under 1 minute of stresstest (used prime95 and CPU-Z stresstest).

Could be a bad chip, could be Intel i7 7700 (non-K) in general.....

welcome to the club mate i got the rog g20 ci with i7700 too with gtx 1070 its **** i got 90 - 100 too the fan are over 4000 if you can do it give it back very fast i was over the 2 weeks so i can not give it back roG is not a gaming pc its too loud to hot tooo much money ausu making the pc so that it is very fast broken so you must buy new pc you can get something better for your money i got friends and my brothers pc is not so hot its between 60 and 70 playing fallout 4 with ultra settings i writtet the same like you if you wanna see my link. and no one from asus was helping **** support

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93695-Celcius-high-on-ASUS-ROG-G20CI&p=653884#post653884