cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST driver

Links
Level 7
Hello,
Maybe someone knows, should I install the intel rapid tech. storage driver, if I don't have any raid- configured disks?

I ask this, cuz in system event viewer there is an error, that looks like this:
The driver has detected the error of the controller \ Device \ RaidPort1. Event 11, source - stornvme.

Looks like it's related to RAID...

Share your thoughts please.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
IRST is not only raid that controller that runs drives connected to it, raid or not. Some platforms you cant run any drives without it being installed and worst case scenario....you don't use it and event viewer doesn't give you that error any longer.
Download a version that is compatible with your bios and install it, cant give you direction of which one to use as you didn't provide any specs of the machine or BIOS revision.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MAXIMUS IX FORMULA, BIOS 0801
1 m.2 ssd, 1 sata3 hdd, no raid.

So, as I understood, the IRST is viable not only when using raid configuration?

UPD:For those, who wonders about the IRST (Intel rapid storage technologie)
If you don't use raid-configurated drives, no need to install this.
But, this package not only containes the software to manage/operate raid's, it containes the driver for the sata/ahci controller.
You might want to update your driver via device manager, directing it to the IRST folder.

Without this driver your controller will be named something like standart sata/ahci controller, after the update - intel 200 series chipset family sata ahci controller.

Now will monitor the event viewer, hope the driver update will fix the error.