cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST at DDR4-3500Mhz

Frikencio
Level 7
Does this board have an issue posting with those settings?

Seems like it tries to POST and goes 9F--->0d and need to reset 1 or 2 times to POST and load WIndows. Once it is loaded, the system is stable.

The problem is just when POSTing (any latency, any ram voltage, 3500MT)
7 REPLIES 7

Menthol
Level 14
Frikencio,
Welcome to ROG, I don not have this platform but what I see is 3200mhz is about tops at the moment and your the first person I see even talking about 3500mhz
Please enter all your hardware and OS info so the people that can help you have the info they need to do that, there are some guides to read up on while you wait for help with your questions and please return to show your results and help others

Just made some tests on DDR4-3500MT and it is stable and indeed, faster. But it struggles to POST sometimes.

CPU: R7 1700
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL14
Motherboard: C6H
Cooler: Corsair i115i
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W
SSD: NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb

OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 latest update and legit.

Looking good there bro! IIRC Elmor managed to get 3600mhz (but he's BIOS dev so yeah...).

That's a great start. I managed to get 2906mhz stable with 2666mhz base and rest through BLCK. It'll be a while before higher speeds are stable.

And what settings did he use? It struggles to post ane even raising RAM voltages and setting very loose timings.

I'm sorry I can't link you directly to the post but it's somewhere in this thread. ASUS guys are active there too seems to be better than this forum (how!?) for info and settings etc.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

Frikencio wrote:
And what settings did he use? It struggles to post ane even raising RAM voltages and setting very loose timings.

Try 3550 or 3600 with 16-16-16-16-38. On this platform very loose or even lower frequency is not always easier.

pankomputerek wrote:
I'm sorry I can't link you directly to the post but it's somewhere in this thread. ASUS guys are active there too seems to be better than this forum (how!?) for info and settings etc.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

Quite frankly, too many non-technical people on this forum looking for support. Not ideal for beta testing.

brkkab123
Level 7
AM4 mobo's & Ryzen cpu's currently won't use ram at a higher speed than DDR4 2666, DDR4 3000 or DDR4 3200 if you're lucky. AM4 mobo's & Ryzen still have bug's that need to be fixed, so don't expect miracles overnight hardware wise.
Exactly why I'm waiting until fall 2018 to even look at Ryzen & AM4. Maybe the bugs will be gone by then.