cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Sleep problems, 2 finger scroll, num lock. Please Help

skweggnog
Level 7
So to keep it short 2 finger scroll wont work and yes it is turned on in windows settings. Num lock also wont stay on and yes ive tried the reg key modification and still no good i assume something else must be overriding it. When i shut the lid on my G752VS it will initally go to sleep but eventually the lights all come back on for a while and then it sleeps again and so on, anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, contacted asus support weeks ago but with no reply ofcourse and it seems they arent interested in releasing any sort of update that will fix all these known issues.
2 REPLIES 2

Armesis
Level 10
Do you have the latest Smart Gesture drivers for your model? A re-install might help, you can get it here - https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-G752VS/HelpDesk_Download/

As for the sleep problems, it is common to all asus products. No matter what you set, where you set it, it will still be retarded. Because of this, i never put my g752vy to sleep. Even after shutting it down i have to wait a few minutes before i close the lid, or it will power on again, then go into sleep mode. Myself and other people have had the same problem where they turned it off and closed the lid, then put it in the laptop bag, where it overheated and produced a massive amount of heat. In short, this is a common problem with no solution. Just shut down the laptop when you're not using it, and wait about 5 minutes before closing the lid after shutdown. These rog laptops are like high performance sports cars, they really are a joy, but are notoriously unreliable. All the best with yours.

G752VS do not have Smart Gesture, it is a whidespread problem for which I do not understand how Asus has yet done anything.