Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sigtran View Post
    Yes, you can use that memory guide, it is well written and simple enough even for beginners... It doesn't matter FlareX or TridentZ or RipjawsV as long as they all have same memory Samsung b-die chips and same single rank/side architecture.

For 3200 and 3333, 1.35V is enough, but when aiming 100% stability at 3466MHz, 1.38-1.40V might be needed. 1.40V is not a issue, there are even higher speed binned b-die's at even 4000+MHz (so basically identical chips just binned) with default 1.40 or even 1.45V, so for sure they can handle it for everyday use. BTW, do not bother, speeds above 3600MHz are (currently?) not possible with Ryzen, only with Intel. Also, 3600MHz is not achievable so often and must go with relaxed timings, so no advantage over very tight 3466MHz setting. And yes, 3333 and 3466 with suggested voltages above are perfectly safe for daily 24/7 use.

As for initial testing, MemTest64 is fast and easy to use, however it is a new tool and not proven yet. You can also use Blend test of Prime95.
    For final memory stability testing, I would suggest using some memory testing tool, like HCI Memtest, and running like 6-7 instances of 2000kb each in parallel, with up to at least 400% coverage, maybe even 1000% over night and have 0 errors (it shall be clear to you once you use it).

You can see my memory timings (shot from Asus MemTweakIt) and Aida result in the post above - 3466MHz and very tight (low) timings. For daily use, it seems this is best what currently can be achieved with default blck of 100MHz.

BTW, make sure you are on BIOS with 1006 AGESA, i.e. 1403 or above...
    Yes, I think I will try to find a sweet spot in 3466 with tight timings. Can't wait to try it out on the weekend and see what kind of performance increase I get.

And I am running the most recent bios as per asus's website (but not beta, if there is one currently)

One more thing I wanted to ask - why is everybody using memtweakit - isn't it usually better to OC via bios? Just curious, since all I ever did was change bios settings, maybe I should get a memtweakit?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

You can't change settings with memtweakit on ryzen. Just read. RyzenTimingChecker from Stilt is more readable than that.

ROG Enthusiast Array Sigtran PC Specs
    Sigtran PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GVK @ 3466MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX1080ti Gaming OC
    Monitor24" Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCoolerMaster 690
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Keyboard Dell SK-8115
    Mouse Logitech M705
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540
    OS Win10 X64 Home
    Accessory #1 Logitech C930e webcam

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBishop View Post
    You can't change settings with memtweakit on ryzen. Just read. RyzenTimingChecker from Stilt is more readable than that.
    Yes, timings with Ryzen is possible to change only from BIOS. As for RyzenTimingChecker, it is nice, however some antivirus tools find it a (false) positive and don't let it execute.

For reference, here are my settings as viewed by RyzenTimingChecker. This is best I could tighten the timings for everyday use with my memory sticks while keeping a full stability. And I did really a LOT of testing...

Good luck and have fun.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos RTC.jpg  

Last edited by Sigtran; 11-16-2017 at 08:49 PM.

New ROGer Array

Oh I see, thanks!

Why does memtweakit not show the ProcODM settings? Or should I just leave it on auto for now?
    Last edited by makac; 11-16-2017 at 08:46 PM.

New ROGer Array

Yes, however some antivirus tools find RyzenTimingChecker a (false) positive... Anyhow, here are my settings as viewed by RyzenTimingChecker. This is best I could tighten the timings for everyday use, i.e. fully stable.
    Awesome, thanks!

Did you change your ProcODM settings, or is it on auto? Also, do you set anything for VDDSOC LLC level?

Once again, thanks very much for taking your time to respond.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Check this tool here (and read the thread) - it helped a lot of people.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1640919/r...king-dram/0_20

New ROGer Array

Check this tool here (and read the thread) - it helped a lot of people.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1640919/r...king-dram/0_20
    Thanks, great resource!

New ROGer Array

Yes, timings with Ryzen is possible to change only from BIOS. As for RyzenTimingChecker, it is nice, however some antivirus tools find it a (false) positive and don't let it execute.

For reference, here are my settings as viewed by RyzenTimingChecker. This is best I could tighten the timings for everyday use with my memory sticks while keeping a full stability. And I did really a LOT of testing...

Good luck and have fun.
    couldnt get mine to be stable at 3466 with your settings. It posted, but shut itself down right after userbench test. Trying with 3333 now will post some updates once done.

Also will might just try with silts 346 settings, althouh his timings seem a lot looser then yours, so 3333 with tight timing as yours will might be better or equal to 3466 with loose.*

ROG Enthusiast Array Sigtran PC Specs
    Sigtran PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GVK @ 3466MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX1080ti Gaming OC
    Monitor24" Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCoolerMaster 690
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Keyboard Dell SK-8115
    Mouse Logitech M705
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540
    OS Win10 X64 Home
    Accessory #1 Logitech C930e webcam

Quote Originally Posted by makac View Post
    Awesome, thanks!
    Did you change your ProcODM settings, or is it on auto? Also, do you set anything for VDDSOC LLC level?
    No, I did not need to change those two settings, both are on Auto.

ROG Enthusiast Array Nighter3D PC Specs
    Nighter3D PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1600
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080-8G
    MonitorSamsung 21" 2032bw
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 250gb
    Storage #23* Western Digital Caviar SE16 500gb
    CPU CoolerAMD stock cooler
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850i
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Razer Mamba TE
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT990
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G51 surround.
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86
    Accessory #1 Philips Ambx set.
    Accessory #2 Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Accessory #3 Wacom Bamboo Create

Today i updated my Bios to the new 3008 version and i am happy to report that my memory is now (finally) fully functional.
    It was first locked to a maximum of 2966mhz else it would fail and fall back to default speed, but now it is functioning nice and stable at the rated settings.

Anyway Memory in question is:
    Corsair Vengeance Led (red) 2*8GB 3200mhz. C16.
    exact model: CMU16GX4M2C3200C16

Running with Processor: Ryzen 5 1600
    Crosshair VI hero bios: 3008

Loaded with standard DOCP profile, Had to manually adjust Trc from auto(75) -> 56 to match XMP profile.

So yeah. Nice work Asus and AMD. was kind of starting to believe it would never reach the rated speed by now so i am quite happy to see everything work as intended

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast