cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G752VS 6700HQ and Geforce 1070, fans ramping up in "low" load scenarios

Jaxione83
Level 7
Hey guys!

I have had my Asus G752VS for two days now and so far I have mixed feelings. It is the version with: 120hz screen Intel 6700HQ CPU and Geforce 1070 GPU.

The looks and feel on the laptop is awesome and also I have almost zero backlight bleed. But I am seriously doubting that I can be satisfied with a Pascal laptop, the make so much noise comparing to my Asus ROG G750JX. I know its not even comparable performance wise but still.

The most annoying thing is that the fans keeps ramping up when just browsing and installing a game for example. This makes the fans sometimes go up to 2500-3000rpm for a minute or so and it is annoying that they keep doing this. It seems to be when the CPU temp hits 55-60 degrees that the fans ramp up. Since there is no fan control I cant do anything about it either.

Does your laptops do the same? I had another G752VS that I had to send back and that did the same so it seems unlikley that my current is faulty as they both did this ramping up thing.

Best regards J
1 REPLY 1

Aghoithae
Level 7
Hi,

I also encountered this problem, mostly when I undervolted the CPU and GPU. I did undervolt to minimize the noise of cooling fans, but the laptop showed this issue.

When the CPU fan was between 60°C and 65°C the fan ramp up to full speed. I made searches on the net and discovered a tool which help showing what happens in the Embedded Controller, and I managed to see that when the CPU Fan receives the order to put himself in state 2 the fan goes to full speed. More the CPU is hot higher the state of the fan is, on state 3 the fan runs at 2600RPM on state 4 at 2900RMP, but on state 2 (between 60°C and 65°C) it goes to full speed.

I even RMAed my laptop, they changed the CPU fan and same problem, I sent it back they changed the motherboard but the problem remains.

We need to get in touch with someone who can transmit the message to ASUS Bios makers : there are problems, this and the gesture control non responding touchpad after resuming from sleep.