CPU CoolerWraith Spire
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyeVGA Supernova G2 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser HD518
    OS Arch Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Demoniacstar View Post
    i get the same type of code....stuck on red light with 55.....ive seen it be caused by low vcore.....and or low PLL voltage will also cause that ..for some reason even at stock settings pll likes to be around 1.875 on my board.... too much SoC voltage will also cause this to happen
    this board is not a bad board if you slow down and learn it .,.....it's not like magic ..put it together and poof it's the fastest thing ever
    it takes work and a lot ...and i do mean a lot of patients .....you just can't jump from 2133 to 2666 or 3200 ...you have to work it up to it ...so it learns ..as well as you learning what it needs what as far as voltages.....
    everyone thinks if you slap these things together and slam the voltage to them it's all you gotta do to get it overclock...its does not work like that ....this bios and this platform are totally new ....it is better to learn how to use these board and overclocking features then it is to just see someone's settings and try them ....each and every system is different and will use different voltages and this board and Ryzen alone seem to be very picky when it comes to the voltages it will run at.......
    if you're raising bclk you need to raise the pll voltage.....if your going for higher then 2666 you have to raise the pll voltage due to the fact that most ram wont go higher unless you set 2666 and raise thru bclk....
    to low pll will give you that 55 code....
    to low ram volts will show f9 or 0d code
    to much soc will make cpu stick on red light with code 33.....or you will get the 8 code.....when you see the 8....you turn the psu off at the psu .....
    reboot try again...lol....and again ....and again ....and again .....
    i should really make a video on all this man....
    i have spent the better part of two weeks every day testing and tuning i have learned a lot about this system and the way it works
    not once sence i have built this have i needed to hit the bios reset button cept the first time i powered it in
    i have always got into bios on a bad oc....the reset button the boot to bios button and the retry button are way better then on the old crosshair boards....
    even if it dont boot right away i keep messing and pressing those buttons io can get into bios.....
    and i have yet to see any real ...and i mean a real overclocking video that shows people how to overclock and what to do when things fail like so many people have seen.....and then just think the motherboard is crap ....when in fact it is not!......
    if you would like some help on that board before sending it back ...we can do a google hangouts chat and i can lend a hand to help you get it up and running
    Thank you so much! PLL voltage hit the nail on the head, I am consistently passing POST with no errors at DOCP Standard profile. Running my Corsair Vengence LPX at 3200MHz16-18-18-18-36 1.35V.

ROG Member Array

I've noticed that if I raise PLL by even 0.01 v using Asus TPU I get a 5c jump in temps under load?

Mel

ROG Member Array

Pressure

Seems very silly, but I noticed that appling pressure on motherboard (in my case over graphic card) increases the chances of booting the system (no 8 or 4b error).
    Yes this is very silly but in my case works

Last edited by lorenkos; 04-03-2017 at 07:35 PM.

New ROGer Array Firemonkey PC Specs
    Firemonkey PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRYZEN 1800X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200
    Graphics Card #1R290X
    Graphics Card #2R290X
    Sound CardS/Blaster Z
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsun 960 pro 1T
    CPU CoolerEK supremacy
    CaseXigmatek Elysium
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300 G2
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore
    Mouse FUNC MS 3
    Headset Razer Carcharias
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterDraytek 2830
    Accessory #1 Vapourchill LS on standby

Just to let you know , since I got a new gasket for the ek back plate and it has been fine . Also did 1001 bios and currently clocked at 4 on all 8 cores 1.4v temp 50 - 60 mem 3200-16-16-16-16-38. Had a few issues with cold boot but that is WIP (mem speed issue) . Once it posts the PC works fine and has been stable 6 days and no E8 so the gasket was probably the issue . Going Thailand for 3 weeks so when I get back I will start to push it higher . I know people have had these running 5gig on LN2 so higher than 4.2 on water should be possible . Target for me is 4.4 with mem @ 3600 ( Gskill mem swap for the win at moment so I'm gonna have to buy a set ) TBH though 4.2 @ 3200 would be fast enough if I can get that stable on water . With the E8 error I'd lean on either the cpu mount or maybe re-apply a lot more paste to the cpu in the middle as that what I did this time as well thinking about it . Hope this helps and good luck .

btw I use Noctua NT-H1 thermal compound this time as well

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)none
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)tdrgd4 16g3000hc16cdc01
    Graphics Card #1XFX R9 390/ EK water block OC'd
    Graphics Card #2XFX R9 390/ EK water block OC'd
    Sound Cardon board
    Monitor2X 24" veiwsonic 1080p/ 55"Samsung 4k curved
    Storage #1Samsung evo 840, 250gig sys drive
    Storage #25 other mixed hdd's
    CPU CoolerEK C6H mono block
    CaseThermaltake core x9
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1500w dps rgb
    Keyboard Corsair k65
    Mouse R.A.T. 9
    Headset Turtle Beach Star Wars X wing edition
    Mouse Pad WOW desk mat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    Accessory #1 Airplex radical 2 480 on gpus swifttech d5
    Accessory #2 Airplex radical 2 480 on cpu swifttech d5
    Accessory #3 Airplex radical 2 280 on sb p500 TT

Quote Originally Posted by lorenkos View Post
    Seems very silly, but I noticed that appling pressure on motherboard (in my case over graphic card) increases the chances of booting the system (no 8 or 4b error).
    Yes this is very silly but in my case works

are you sure your cpu back plate is not on too tight?......or is it tight enough?
    sounds a little strange ......maybe the backplate is too tight and bowing the board just enough to act this way...
    hard to say ....i did have more issues booting settings until i cut that back plate of mine to better fit the board
    but i still get the 8 code alot when ram is not stable or if SoC voltage is too high i will also get that 8 code

Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)none
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Sound Cardon board
    CaseThermaltake core x9
    Keyboard Corsair k65
    Mouse R.A.T. 9
    Mouse Pad WOW desk mat

Quote Originally Posted by Firemonkey View Post
    btw I use Noctua NT-H1 thermal compound this time as well
    i like using that thermal grizzly kryonaut man is it awesome stuff

Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)none
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Sound Cardon board
    CaseThermaltake core x9
    Keyboard Corsair k65
    Mouse R.A.T. 9
    Mouse Pad WOW desk mat

Quote Originally Posted by m0nt3 View Post
    Thank you so much! PLL voltage hit the nail on the head, I am consistently passing POST with no errors at DOCP Standard profile. Running my Corsair Vengence LPX at 3200MHz16-18-18-18-36 1.35V.
    im glad that worked for you .....
    there is another thing that has perplexed me for awhile ....
    when you are raising bclk to further tun ram make sure you GPU or Gpu's are set in auto mode ....when i set my pci-e slots to 3.0 i can not boot
    no amount of pll or 2.5 sb voltage will help me boot up in pci-e 3.0 if the pci-e lanes are set to auto ...you have a better chance of booting ....bclk and pci-e are tied together raising bclk also overclocks the pci-e and it does not seem to like that..when i raised bclk above 105 ...my gpu's will only go as high as 2.0 8x .....it's the price we pay for overclocking the ram threw bclk i guess ...... im looking into this further to see if i can get it to work in 3.0 but so far no luck

New ROGer Array

Same Issue

I have the same q code error but in a very different way;

Ryzen 1800x @4.0 Ghtz @ 1.40v
    Noctua NH D15 s cooler using an AM3 Backplate
    16 gb (2x8 gb) of GSkill Tridentz 3000
    Gigabyte 1080 Aorus
    250 gb intel m.2
    Corsair HX750i power supply
    4tb WD Black
    1tb WD Blue
    1tb Seagate Baracuda
    Win10 Pro - Kaspersky Total Security

Boots fine, very much hit and miss with the error qcode 24 for RAM but works regardless if showing as 24 or 40. Thermals for CPU are fine (Does not exceed 80c on 4Ghtz overclock under 100% load using Prime95, likes to sit around 75c dependant on ambient temps). Latest BIOS from ASUS, latest Chipset update from ASUS. PC runs games perfectly for a couple of hours then randomly crashes with error code 8, then after reset boots fine back into windows with no mention of Overclock failure. I have tried each RAM stick individually in each slot to no avail, made sure the Noctua bracket wasn't applying too much pressure on the CPU socket, re-seated the CPU and used several types of thermal paste. PLL voltage is manually set to 1.8v, RAM voltage manually set to 1.35v. Crash happens even when clock is bumped down to 3.9-3.8Ghtz.

Interestingly enough while having a look through System Event Viewer Windows is throwing all sorts of wonderful CPU voltage errors at me;

Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
    Description: Performance power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
    Event ID: 35
    Event Record ID: 3530
    Level: Error

As the error code is q code 8 (Related to the CPU) I believe this may be a good indication of the Chipset/Bios firmware having issues "talking" to Windows 10 Pro OS, is anyone able to check their system event logs just after boot and confirm if they are havintg similar errors?

ROG Member Array Spec-Chum PC Specs
    Spec-Chum PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Fury Tri-X 4096 cores unlocked
    Sound CardRealtek/ASUS S1220A
    MonitorAcer XR341CK
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #22 x 525Gb Crucial MX300 SSD RAID0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i AIO
    CaseThermaltake Core X31 RGB
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 850W G2
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset SoundMagic HP200 (Music) / UE6000 (Movies / Games)
    Mouse Pad Magic Eagle
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer C9
    Accessory #1 PS4 Controller v2 :)
    Accessory #2 Very comfy Vertagear chair

Quote Originally Posted by Demoniacstar View Post
    i get the same type of code....stuck on red light with 55.....ive seen it be caused by low vcore.....and or low PLL voltage will also cause that ..for some reason even at stock settings pll likes to be around 1.875 on my board.... too much SoC voltage will also cause this to happen
    this board is not a bad board if you slow down and learn it .,.....it's not like magic ..put it together and poof it's the fastest thing ever
    it takes work and a lot ...and i do mean a lot of patients .....you just can't jump from 2133 to 2666 or 3200 ...you have to work it up to it ...so it learns ..as well as you learning what it needs what as far as voltages.....
    everyone thinks if you slap these things together and slam the voltage to them it's all you gotta do to get it overclock...its does not work like that ....this bios and this platform are totally new ....it is better to learn how to use these board and overclocking features then it is to just see someone's settings and try them ....each and every system is different and will use different voltages and this board and Ryzen alone seem to be very picky when it comes to the voltages it will run at.......
    if you're raising bclk you need to raise the pll voltage.....if your going for higher then 2666 you have to raise the pll voltage due to the fact that most ram wont go higher unless you set 2666 and raise thru bclk....
    to low pll will give you that 55 code....
    to low ram volts will show f9 or 0d code
    to much soc will make cpu stick on red light with code 33.....or you will get the 8 code.....when you see the 8....you turn the psu off at the psu .....
    reboot try again...lol....and again ....and again ....and again .....
    i should really make a video on all this man....
    i have spent the better part of two weeks every day testing and tuning i have learned a lot about this system and the way it works
    not once sence i have built this have i needed to hit the bios reset button cept the first time i powered it in
    i have always got into bios on a bad oc....the reset button the boot to bios button and the retry button are way better then on the old crosshair boards....
    even if it dont boot right away i keep messing and pressing those buttons io can get into bios.....
    and i have yet to see any real ...and i mean a real overclocking video that shows people how to overclock and what to do when things fail like so many people have seen.....and then just think the motherboard is crap ....when in fact it is not!......
    if you would like some help on that board before sending it back ...we can do a google hangouts chat and i can lend a hand to help you get it up and running
    Thanks for this, great info.

I don't get a code 8 error but I do get an F9 boot loop unless I set DDR boot voltage to 1.43v+, and even then it F9 boot loops twice always successfully booting on the 3rd boot, never 2nd or 4th, always 3rd. It's weird.

Interestingly, once it POSTS the DDR is perfectly fine at 1.35v, I don't need to change that at all. The system runs all tests and benchmarks fine at 3200 14-14-14-34-1T, it's just getting the damn thing to POST!

ROG Member Array

Memory

Ops, was a memory iusse, solved replacing G.skill 3000 with Corsair 3200 (Next time I'll read the QVL)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast