cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair VI Hero Q-Code 8 / Not Starting

nazzario
Level 7
Hi

I have a big Problem and i hope someone can help me.
Yesterday i have received all my components. Ryzen 1800x, 32 GB Ram, M.2 SSD, RX480 Graphic Card and Silent Loop 280.

I have installed all components and now the PC is not booting. I received the code 8. My Problem is i cannot goes into the bios because i have no Screen.
The RGB on the Boards is ok. The CPU-Ready is green but the onboards LED is off.
I have tried to remove the RAM, than just use 1 Ram /2/3/4 etc. I remove all other components, Graphics Card, SSD but still Code 8 and nothing working. I just not removed the CPU because it's a lot of work. And the Status is green so i think that will be ok.
I Flashback the bios to 0902 from the asus page and i think that installed sucessfully.

I don't know what i can do and i hope someone can help me.

Thanks and Regards
Nazzario
51 REPLIES 51

Frikencio
Level 7
This happened to me aswell (error code 8 and computer didn't even try to POST) and my BIOS crashed after the first restart when I flashed that BIOS.

To solve it I reflashed the BIOS again from the USB port on the back. It worked flawlessly.

I recommend the BIOS that was linked in this forum (BIOS 1001)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1w2qv4jok1pu5og/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-1001.zip

(Before this I even tried to reseat CPU and cooler...)

PD: You can also try the "CLEAR CMOS" button that is in the back of your case after you power the system.

Hi Frikencio

Thank you for the reply. When i come home later i will try this out.
I saw the BIOS 1001. But i not understand what is the different to 0902. Is the 1001 newer than the 0902?

Thank you very much for your help.

The new BIOS is BETA but looks stable so far and I did not have any problems.

1001 sets the CR of your ram to 1T instead of 2T

1T is usually faster but less "stable"
2T is slower but can give stability where it wasn't before.

For me, 0902 BIOS was not as good as 1001.

I hope they keep improving things.

That sound's great. I really hope the Bios 1001 fix my code 8 problem so i can start my computer. Because i don't know what to do when it not works. Because i had no other CPU/Mainbaord to test.
I will show you the results later.

Thanks and Regards
Nazzario

You guys should navigate through the only 3 pages we have for the C6H and try what's been suggested in already existing threads...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91408-Inital-install-ffor-Ryzen-failed-code-8-What-exactly...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91687-Motherboard-stopped-posting-q-code-8

Read through those.

iam testing since 1 week and still this Problem if i try to boot from Windows Stick or SSD. Bios is 0902. Ram Cruical CT8G4DFD8213. Came new today.
Start, Post and Bios are oK. I still can get into Bios no Problem, but if i try to boot its stuck (see the Picture).

tested both bios versions 1001 and 0038, still the Problem any other ideas? Greetz

I had tried to install the 1001 and 0038 but the code still coming with 8. Today I will going to the servicecenter and try to replace my mainboard. I see a lot of people have the code 8 so i think that will be a problem with the mainboard and not cpu. But i will see and i txt so if I have a solution.

I'd appreciate an update if RMAing the motherboard fixes the issue, been running into the same error.

today i have spoken with my Hardware Dealer and we saw that my refund policy is ending this friday. I can just wait until tomorrow than i must send it back. They already know about this Problem, many of his Customers are still at the same Problem! My last Hope is an Bios Update (maybe beta) tonight? hopefully..