Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

dossi PACHECO

Quote Originally Posted by FlanK3r View Post
    Dont do this. MSI and SR are with AM4 horrible...Big issues with RAMs, really, the Cross Hero is best what you can have in your hands. The problems will be fixed, need new AGESA from AMD and BIOSes. The similar issues were with BW-E CPUs at beginning.
    So far everyone that I know who got the MSI titanium has no RAM issues, RAM is running fast, and they can actually USE their PC.

The ROG Crosshair VI Hero is basically an overpriced paperweight right now.

New ROGer Array

I think the code 8 is about the pressure of the motherboard for the CPU area. I have same problem and I am the EK water block. I remove the center rubber of my block and the problem is gone.*
    What *rediculous.*

ROG Member Array

Same Problem here

Hi,I opened a thread but i'm a new to forum and this thread is the same.

My problem is sometime code 8 sometime passes the 8 and reach the 3rd code 46 and then no boot and no start. Removing the battery and waiting 5 min rarely let the system starts. As started the pc (win 10) has no problem I installed all my software, with 2 reboot and no problem. Halting the system and restarted the day after, same problem usually q-code 46.
    Sometims system start and stop on white led and q-code 63. If no success (63 code for more than 10 min so I have to reboot) 99% restarting generate Q-code 46 and my via crucis restart. If pass 63 all is okay.
    Bios 1002
    I don't want spent all my time tryng to start the system.
    I have no idea how to resolve this iusse. In the weekend system started normally 3 times and failed hundred times.
    Is this a buggy mobo or some problem my specs?

My specs:
    CPU 1800X
    Memory Brand G.SKILL, Series Ripjaws V Series, Model F4-3000C15D-32GVR
    psu EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 850W,
    cooling system EK Water Blocks EK-KIT S240,
    NVMe SSD 960 evo,
    Sapphire rx480 nitro.
    Bios 1002

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)none
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Memory (part number)tdrgd4 16g3000hc16cdc01
    Graphics Card #1XFX R9 390/ EK water block OC'd
    Graphics Card #2XFX R9 390/ EK water block OC'd
    Sound Cardon board
    Monitor2X 24" veiwsonic 1080p/ 55"Samsung 4k curved
    Storage #1Samsung evo 840, 250gig sys drive
    Storage #25 other mixed hdd's
    CPU CoolerEK C6H mono block
    CaseThermaltake core x9
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1500w dps rgb
    Keyboard Corsair k65
    Mouse R.A.T. 9
    Headset Turtle Beach Star Wars X wing edition
    Mouse Pad WOW desk mat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    Accessory #1 Airplex radical 2 480 on gpus swifttech d5
    Accessory #2 Airplex radical 2 480 on cpu swifttech d5
    Accessory #3 Airplex radical 2 280 on sb p500 TT

Quote Originally Posted by lorenkos View Post
    Hi,I opened a thread but i'm a new to forum and this thread is the same.

My problem is sometime code 8 sometime passes the 8 and reach the 3rd code 46 and then no boot and no start. Removing the battery and waiting 5 min rarely let the system starts. As started the pc (win 10) has no problem I installed all my software, with 2 reboot and no problem. Halting the system and restarted the day after, same problem usually q-code 46.
    Sometims system start and stop on white led and q-code 63. If no success (63 code for more than 10 min so I have to reboot) 99% restarting generate Q-code 46 and my via crucis restart. If pass 63 all is okay.
    Bios 1002
    I don't want spent all my time tryng to start the system.
    I have no idea how to resolve this iusse. In the weekend system started normally 3 times and failed hundred times.
    Is this a buggy mobo or some problem my specs?

My specs:
    CPU 1800X
    Memory Brand G.SKILL, Series Ripjaws V Series, Model F4-3000C15D-32GVR
    psu EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 850W,
    cooling system EK Water Blocks EK-KIT S240,
    NVMe SSD 960 evo,
    Sapphire rx480 nitro.
    Bios 1002
    i found out that if i turn off the power after getting a code 8 ....and let the board try to boot ....it will shut down twice on its own the the third time it will either give me a f9/0d error then i reset and hit the boot to bios button ..or it boots right into bios..i have yet to reset bios on this board ..i can always get into bios !!
    every time i get that code 8 i turn off power at psu and i boot right back up ...seems to work for me
    you specs mean nothing without further information
    what overclocks and voltages you running on cpu-vcore/ soc/pll/ram?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Demoniacstar View Post
    every time i get that code 8 i turn off power at psu and i boot right back up ...seems to work for me
    you specs mean nothing without further information
    what overclocks and voltages you running on cpu-vcore/ soc/pll/ram?
    I'm using factory settings, I looking for system starting at the moment

ROG Member Array m0nt3 PC Specs
    m0nt3 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 OC
    Sound CardS1220
    MonitorLG IPS235*2
    CPU CoolerWraith Spire
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyeVGA Supernova G2 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser HD518
    OS Arch Linux

Quote Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
    on the MSI board i can run my CPU at 4050MHz @ 1.3875V without any problems, i hit 1800 point in cinebench. on asus board i can work in windows at 4.0GHz, but as soon as i do anything CPU insive, even without an overclock, i get crashes with that stupid 8_ error code (not 08, btw). i have yet to make even 1 successful cinebench pass with the asus board.
    I am glad to hear this. At stock everything, with the 1002 BIOS I am getting random shutdowns with 8 in the LED code display and my Strix Rx 480 LED blink blueish as if tying to initialize. Anything over 2133 and I fail to post with q-code 55. I am sending my motherboard back to newegg and was hoping my CPU would be OK. Hopefully my CPU is good and it is the crap board. To bad newegg is out of stock on the MSI board (not buying from their overpriced market place).

Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)none
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Sound Cardon board
    CaseThermaltake core x9
    Keyboard Corsair k65
    Mouse R.A.T. 9
    Mouse Pad WOW desk mat

Quote Originally Posted by m0nt3 View Post
    I am glad to hear this. At stock everything, with the 1002 BIOS I am getting random shutdowns with 8 in the LED code display and my Strix Rx 480 LED blink blueish as if tying to initialize. Anything over 2133 and I fail to post with q-code 55. I am sending my motherboard back to newegg and was hoping my CPU would be OK. Hopefully my CPU is good and it is the crap board. To bad newegg is out of stock on the MSI board (not buying from their overpriced market place).
    i get the same type of code....stuck on red light with 55.....ive seen it be caused by low vcore.....and or low PLL voltage will also cause that ..for some reason even at stock settings pll likes to be around 1.875 on my board.... too much SoC voltage will also cause this to happen
    this board is not a bad board if you slow down and learn it .,.....it's not like magic ..put it together and poof it's the fastest thing ever
    it takes work and a lot ...and i do mean a lot of patients .....you just can't jump from 2133 to 2666 or 3200 ...you have to work it up to it ...so it learns ..as well as you learning what it needs what as far as voltages.....
    everyone thinks if you slap these things together and slam the voltage to them it's all you gotta do to get it overclock...its does not work like that ....this bios and this platform are totally new ....it is better to learn how to use these board and overclocking features then it is to just see someone's settings and try them ....each and every system is different and will use different voltages and this board and Ryzen alone seem to be very picky when it comes to the voltages it will run at.......
    if you're raising bclk you need to raise the pll voltage.....if your going for higher then 2666 you have to raise the pll voltage due to the fact that most ram wont go higher unless you set 2666 and raise thru bclk....
    to low pll will give you that 55 code....
    to low ram volts will show f9 or 0d code
    to much soc will make cpu stick on red light with code 33.....or you will get the 8 code.....when you see the 8....you turn the psu off at the psu .....
    reboot try again...lol....and again ....and again ....and again .....
    i should really make a video on all this man....
    i have spent the better part of two weeks every day testing and tuning i have learned a lot about this system and the way it works
    not once sence i have built this have i needed to hit the bios reset button cept the first time i powered it in
    i have always got into bios on a bad oc....the reset button the boot to bios button and the retry button are way better then on the old crosshair boards....
    even if it dont boot right away i keep messing and pressing those buttons io can get into bios.....
    and i have yet to see any real ...and i mean a real overclocking video that shows people how to overclock and what to do when things fail like so many people have seen.....and then just think the motherboard is crap ....when in fact it is not!......
    if you would like some help on that board before sending it back ...we can do a google hangouts chat and i can lend a hand to help you get it up and running
    Last edited by Demoniacstar; 04-03-2017 at 03:04 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kobura View Post
    EK rubber gasket is a huge problem right now with the C6H, because there's some sensor points around that area, iirc, and the rubber gasket is slightly conductive, thus making the board not post. Remove the inner part of the rubber gasket (as if you had an 115x board) or use a thin non-conductive layer between the rubber gasket and the mainboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemonkey View Post
    Same happened on mine 0702 & 0902 . I got the mainboard working by removing the CPU first time . Died 3 days later so I just removed the water block and lifted and lowered the cpu socket arm . I think with mine its a problem with the EK rear rubber gasket which hopefully should be in the post today . If it works it comes up as a new CPU . Hope this helps .

BTW tht took me 3 hours of stripping a dual custom loop system . To find out its a 50 second quick fix
    are you guys able to overclock? i'm using the CPU backplate that came with the motherboard, not the EK backplate. my system runs fine with an EK supremacy EVO at stock speeds. but when i OC it crashes to the 8_ error code after the temp shoots up to 90*C+ when doing CPU intensive junk like cinebench.

Intel 5930K + Corsair H110
    Asus X99 Deluxe
    4 x 4GB G.Skill 3000MHz CL 15
    2 x Asus GTX 980 STRIX
    2 x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD [RAID 0]
    Super Flower Leadex 1000W Platinum
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo

@ solomonshv

Moving forward do not post in a manner that requires the swear filter to be necessary. Also be respectful to other members when replying to their posts. 2 of your posts in this thread have been removed. Reposting them is fine as long as the posts are composed in a civilized manner.

Demoniacstar PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)none
    ProcessorRyzen 1800x
    Sound Cardon board
    CaseThermaltake core x9
    Keyboard Corsair k65
    Mouse R.A.T. 9
    Mouse Pad WOW desk mat

Quote Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
    are you guys able to overclock? i'm using the CPU backplate that came with the motherboard, not the EK backplate. my system runs fine with an EK supremacy EVO at stock speeds. but when i OC it crashes to the 8_ error code after the temp shoots up to 90*C+ when doing CPU intensive junk like cinebench.
    i got the ek supremacy elite block ....i cut the back plate and the rubber gasket to fit the board better.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my back plate.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	63696

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my back plate2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	63697

i also punched out the center of that rubber gasket ...those that have one know what i mean...lol..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast