cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t use Bios/UEFI with Logitech G510 keyboard

Postguru
Level 7
Hello

I have a problem .. the keyboard (logitech G510) is no working ,can´t join in the Bios (F1 by OC failure oder F2/DEL) . I need every time ,to join and use Bios/Uefi ,a second keyboard .
I have switch die USB ports ... nothing . Changes the usb settings.. nothing . the 2. keyboard (Sejin SPR-8695STU) ist working but not so nice ..
Befor used a Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ,the G510 has worked so correctly

At the time i using Bios 1001 (temps are not so good .. to high)
32 REPLIES 32

Raja
Level 13
Check if there are any revision numbers for your keyboard (and firmware updates). Let me know. If we have one in HQ, I'll ask someone to replicate.

Modell: Y-U0010
Firmware Version: 0x0165 ,firmware can´t updatet

PN & PID need ?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Check if there are any revision numbers for your keyboard (and firmware updates). Let me know. If we have one in HQ, I'll ask someone to replicate.

Do you have CM Storm Trigger keyboards in stock?
After CMOS clear the keyboard needs to be unplugged and plugged back in again to work, or is that intended feature?
The NUM , CAPS & SCR lights will on but it won't be functional. Never had this on other boards.

Yes ,the keyboard suggests that it working, but no funktionaly ..

Bahz
Level 12
So I assume you mean that you can't get into BIOS, is that correct? You need to disable all quick/fast boot options in BIOS as this is simply a case where the newer boards have even faster USB initialization time and the keyboard doesn't have time to be detected during the gap when the board posts and allows you to enter BIOS. I used to work for Cooler Master and the Trigger had the same problem with many other motherboards as it has slightly higher than average USB initialization time. Most keyboards that have their own firmware like the Trigger or G510 will have higher than normal initialization time so best to use normal membrane keyboard without firmware to get into BIOS. Try the method by reducing post/boot up time and see if it works.

Yes i cant get into Bios with G510 ... but Fast Boot disable .. same problem .

After Clear Cmos or update Bios need a other keyboard ... This is no help .

At present, the bios initialization is very slow, with or without Fast Boot

Same Keyboard works with the Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z to get into Bios

HI! I got exactly the same problem after bios upgrade to 3201 my keyboard(G510) don't respond to get in the bios f2 or delete.any solution???

Raja
Level 13
Thanks for the details postguru and mrbogzr. Will forward to our team - replication may take a while if we don't have the G510 in the lab.

Corsair K70 RGB also has this issue. Sometimes when starting up they keys all light up, but no input is detected. I have to unplug and plug back in to get it to work.