Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Unhappy Motherboard RGB LEDs no longer light up

    After finally getting everything setup for my new desktop the motherboard lights all went out. I'm referring to the aesthetic RGB lighting on the board. I've toyed with all of the setting sin the BIOS related to this (there are 2 I believe) and I can't get them to come back on. They're never on. They worked for at least a day then quit. Eventually the RGB lighting on my AMD Wraith cooler also failed to come on, so now I have absolutely no RGB lighting at all. I've tried resetting all of the plugs for these to no avail. I'm not sure what could have happened since this all started well into the software portion of my build. I also updated the BIOS to the latest here on the forums (1001), but that did not help; though my fan and temps look more like they're supposed to thanks to it.

    Everything works great right now except for the lighting. If I have to replace the board I will; for the price I really want EVERYTHING to work.

    Any ideas? I've already sent a support ticket to ASUS, but no response yet.

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array LBManiac PC Specs
    LBManiac PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070
    MonitorAOC IPS 27"
    Storage #1Crucial SSD x2
    Storage #2WD Blue 1TB x3
    CPU Cooler212 Evo
    CaseGamemax Siletn
    Power SupplySupernova 650W G2
    OS Win 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    This happened to me too, the way I fixed it was to go into the Aura program and click the small refresh button at the top right of the window.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by LBManiac View Post
    This happened to me too, the way I fixed it was to go into the Aura program and click the small refresh button at the top right of the window.
    I opened the AURA software and clicked the refresh icon on the top right of the window. ASUS AURA crashed immediately after and opened my browser to a drdump website (I've emailed that to ASUS support). Now AURA crashes on launch every single time. I tried reinstalling it with no luck. Well, that's an interesting turn in events.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Thumbs up

    ASUS Support wants me to RMA my board for "repair" which I guess means they're not just going to replace it. I wonder if I can get Newegg to RMA the board any faster, but they are out of stock right now. Either way I think I'm going to have this new computer build taking up space on my dining room table for a long time. I'm pretty disappointed.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeekk View Post
    ASUS Support wants me to RMA my board for "repair" which I guess means they're not just going to replace it. I wonder if I can get Newegg to RMA the board any faster, but they are out of stock right now. Either way I think I'm going to have this new computer build taking up space on my dining room table for a long time. I'm pretty disappointed.
    I just think its the buggy software. I had the same problem and the drdump thing came up. I got the MB lights to stay on, I don't know how, but my Trident RGB ram is still not showing up in the Aura software. The price of being a early adopter I suppose.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom71 View Post
    I just think its the buggy software. I had the same problem and the drdump thing came up. I got the MB lights to stay on, I don't know how, but my Trident RGB ram is still not showing up in the Aura software. The price of being a early adopter I suppose.
    I think it's hardware in my case. If I remove the hard drives and just about everything not necessary to boot into the UEFI and reset the BIOS the lights still do not come on. They should after a reset like that.

    A funny story though. ASUS Support gave me instructions to reset the CMOS by removing all power sources and the CMOS battery. I don't think that works with modern boards using UEFI as I thought settings were stored in something like EEPROM. Sure enough after going through all of that the BIOS settings didn't change. The CMOS Reset button should be in the instructions :-P That works. I'm guessing the CMOS battery is only there for the RTC.

    I've decided to RMA the board with Newegg for a refund since the chances of me getting a replacement with unstable stock levels are zilch. I'll have to put an order in just as soon as they become available on Friday. I'll be on page refresh duty until then.

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeekk View Post
    I think it's hardware in my case. If I remove the hard drives and just about everything not necessary to boot into the UEFI and reset the BIOS the lights still do not come on. They should after a reset like that.

    A funny story though. ASUS Support gave me instructions to reset the CMOS by removing all power sources and the CMOS battery. I don't think that works with modern boards using UEFI as I thought settings were stored in something like EEPROM. Sure enough after going through all of that the BIOS settings didn't change. The CMOS Reset button should be in the instructions :-P That works. I'm guessing the CMOS battery is only there for the RTC.

    I've decided to RMA the board with Newegg for a refund since the chances of me getting a replacement with unstable stock levels are zilch. I'll have to put an order in just as soon as they become available on Friday. I'll be on page refresh duty until then.
    Best of luck to you on getting a board. I had my board pre ordered on Amazon when first available to pre order, 2 weeks after release and still nothing. I decided to check Newegg one afternoon and they have the CH in stock. After I came out of shock I quickly ordered it and canceled with Amazon.

    Other than the buggy Aura software, and my CPU lid looking like it was glued on by a kid in grade school, I'm liking the Ryzen. Its quick at everything ive done for work, and for gaming its runs everything I have maxed out at 3440x1440 75hz using a single GTX 1080, and on a 144hz 1440p screen no problems either. I did have a couple 480's in at first but the results were all over the place with them.

  8. #8
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,856

    If you are still in the window go through the egg.
    Otherwise ASUS RMA does take time and its up to them on whether to repair or replace and there is nothing that says if it comes down to replacement that it wont be a refurbed board.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    If you are still in the window go through the egg.
    Otherwise ASUS RMA does take time and its up to them on whether to repair or replace and there is nothing that says if it comes down to replacement that it wont be a refurbed board.
    It's quite new to be thinking about refurb. I wonder if there's an AURA chip on the board that if replaced would fix the issue. I also kind of wished I had more technical information about how AURA works on ASUS boards as I'm looking to do some case mods that include existing electronic parts I already have. I suppose I can at least just look at the technicals for 5050 strips to know what I need to know.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array Xeekk PC Specs
    Xeekk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 FTW 2GB GDDR5
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (RVD400-M22280-256G)
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith (Stock)
    Power SupplyThermaltake TR2 600 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    OS Windows 10 Professional (x64)

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom71 View Post
    Best of luck to you on getting a board. I had my board pre ordered on Amazon when first available to pre order, 2 weeks after release and still nothing. I decided to check Newegg one afternoon and they have the CH in stock. After I came out of shock I quickly ordered it and canceled with Amazon.

    Other than the buggy Aura software, and my CPU lid looking like it was glued on by a kid in grade school, I'm liking the Ryzen. Its quick at everything ive done for work, and for gaming its runs everything I have maxed out at 3440x1440 75hz using a single GTX 1080, and on a 144hz 1440p screen no problems either. I did have a couple 480's in at first but the results were all over the place with them.
    The Newegg rep told me they're expecting to have the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero in stock on 3/24. Amazon doesn't seem to have anyone selling this board when I looked. Fry's will have some early next month.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •