cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT headphone jack issue - sound is so low and way distorted

Amr_Nada
Level 7
Hello guys,

Recently I've bought a G752VT and every thing seems to work fine so far, except for the headphone jack (the headphone-S/PDIF combo jack). I use my Samsung earbuds for any device i have and it just works great. I tried it in the notebook and sound is so low, unclear and way distorted. Solutions I've tried
1. tried many other earbuds brands. (even the Samsung earbuds works super great on any other device)
2. update the driver.
3. uninstall and reinstall the driver.
4. cleaned the jack.
Still after all these solutions, still same issue.

So please, would anyone recommend any other solution for this issue?
7 REPLIES 7

BoutTime01
Level 7
Have you tried using the y-spliter and connecting to the mic and headphone jacks? Or if you don't use the mic then just the headphone jack?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01 wrote:
Have you tried using the y-spliter and connecting to the mic and headphone jacks? Or if you don't use the mic then just the headphone jack?

Hello,

Actually the Samsung earbuds is only 1 jack for both, it's the one that comes with Samsung smartphones. But no i didn't try, do you think it would work?

BoutTime01
Level 7
Yes just plug into the headphone socket and see if it makes a difference to the volume.

Julskey
Level 10
If this earphones is for smartphone, try holding the mic switch (at the middle of the cor) if it makes any difference. Had same situation with my iphone earphones. They have 1 more line for mic, i hink its the last stripe from the jack before the ground. Pressing the switch, connects this to ground and the earphones should now work normally. Better buy another set of earphones which does not have a microphone (3 metal stripes TRS, not 4).*

Julskey wrote:
If this earphones is for smartphone, try holding the mic switch (at the middle of the cor) if it makes any difference. Had same situation with my iphone earphones. They have 1 more line for mic, i hink its the last stripe from the jack before the ground. Pressing the switch, connects this to ground and the earphones should now work normally. Better buy another set of earphones which does not have a microphone (3 metal stripes TRS, not 4).*

Thanks sir, will be trying this

EDIT: unfortunately, doesn't make any difference

Julskey
Level 10
Have you tried plugging into external audio system like logitech, bose, any other amplifier?

Julskey wrote:
Have you tried plugging into external audio system like logitech, bose, any other amplifier?

Unfortunately, i don't have any of these, just some earbuds. This issue is getting me mad, earbuds work great EVERYWHERE but not on the notebook 😞