Did you mean: 

Build was fine, then dead with Q-code 8

zabblleon
Level 7
Build:
Ryzen 1700x
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZSW
Crosshair VI

Was up running fine on BIOS 902, then the machine suddenly died. I can access BIOS, but once an operating system tries to load I get bootloops or freezes with Q-code 8, RAM light flashing. Things I've tried:

- Bootable Windows 10 USB; bootloops similarly to loading a Windows drive
- memtest on both 16gb sticks, both show no errors. Sometimes catches at "memory controller" initialization step if RAM voltage is set too low
- Drive boots into Windows 10 fine on another machine
- Tried both new BIOS versions and reinstalled 902, clearing CMOS each time.

Any ideas on what I could try to save my build?
39 REPLIES 39

Demoniacstar
Level 9
zabblleon wrote:
Build:
Ryzen 1700x
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZSW
Crosshair VI

Was up running fine on BIOS 902, then the machine suddenly died. I can access BIOS, but once an operating system tries to load I get bootloops or freezes with Q-code 8, RAM light flashing. Things I've tried:

- Bootable Windows 10 USB; bootloops similarly to loading a Windows drive
- memtest on both 16gb sticks, both show no errors. Sometimes catches at "memory controller" initialization step if RAM voltage is set too low
- Drive boots into Windows 10 fine on another machine
- Tried both new BIOS versions and reinstalled 902, clearing CMOS each time.

Any ideas on what I could try to save my build?

a little more information would be greatly helpful
are you stock clocks and settings?
i have seen this on my board while overclocking and the culprit wuz the vcore voltage .....i set all cores to 4ghz on 1.35 booted fine.....but when restarting or shutting down and rebooting id get the error 8 code as windows tried to load ....to get over that i raised the cpu or vcore voltage until it quite .
i think i am at 1.3750 in bios right now .....at 4.037 ghz

just wanted to add also i have seen this happen to my system to when the SoC voltage wuz to high also

o yeah and another thing man ...try with just one stick of ram ..i hear tell these boards and Ryzen in general is having issues right now with the 32 gig kits of ram

Stock settings and I've tried one stick in the main slot (A2)

zabblleon wrote:
Stock settings and I've tried one stick in the main slot (A2)

when running one stick im pretty sure it goes in the A1 slot

I've tried all slots, so it wouldn't make much difference. Only thing I haven't tried is a complete rebuild, which I'm going to do after I get some new thermal paste.

Only thing I haven't tried is a complete rebuild, which I'm going to do after I get some new thermal paste.

already tested, no change for me. Also tried Slot A1 but still no way......

hbsteddy wrote:
already tested, no change for me. Also tried Slot A1 but still no way......

Like I said, let me know if a new mobo does the trick! Hope it goes smoothly for you.

zabblleon wrote:
Like I said, let me know if a new mobo does the trick! Hope it goes smoothly for you.

i hope too. 63372

do you have 8 gig sticks you can try?

Demoniacstar wrote:
do you have 8 gig sticks you can try?

actually i tried Crucial CT8G4DFD8213 C16FBD1 1 and both. Same error.