Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Ai Suite 3 and Fan Xpert 4 gone insane

I'll start by saying I love Asus. I've had Asus-based motherboards for quite some time now (almost a decade).
    Now, AI Suite 3 used to work very well with my Asus Maximus VII Hero, loved the Fan Xpert 4 profiles, everything worked well...

...until I changed platform. Got an Asus X99 A II motherboard with an i7 6800K and installed the latest and greatest ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.40.
    It's riddled with problems, issues, bugs.

1. The Minibar is no longer a minibar, but a large coin-sized circle which doesn't dock anywhere. It's always in the way. The previous dock was a tiny, 2-pixel wide thingie which was sliding in from the desktop border, wonderful implementation.
    2. AI Suite 3 window has no taskbar entry and doesn't appear in the list of applications when I alt-tab to display all of them. I have to either click on the System Tray icon to see it, or minimize all windows. I found no other reason for this functionality but hatred towards customers. I imagine some developer out there cackling in a bad imitation of Palpatine.
    3. The Fan Xpert 4 profiles are mostly unusable. I am watercooling this platform (CPU+GPU) and wanted to create three profiles:
    - one for idle work (browsing, watching video content, listening to music). ultra-quiet, using the rather large radiator I have to passively cool my components. None of the default profiles achieve this, so I had to make a custom one.
    - One for gaming. Mild fan speeds, rather silent, CPU+GPU under 55 degrees Celsius at any time. Again, had to create a custom profile.
    - One for rendering and heavy video/3D editing. The "Full Speed" default profile works well enough.

Now, the custom profiles simply don't work well. I've tried everything I could think of. The issues:

- Adjusting speeds and whatnot works.
    - Saving the profile as a custom one works.
    - Overwriting default profiles with custom ones doesn't work (clicking the appropriate entry in the list) but typing the entry name manually works. Also overwriting the XML profiles works too. (remember that cackling developer?)
    - Loading the profile works... but doesn't. I mean, the settings are loaded, but the fans are not spinning accordingly. Loading the profile several times in a row eventually sets the fans accordingly, however after a while the fans ramp up without any temperature increase, for no reason other than... no idea, really. (developer cackle continues)
    - no temperature hysteresis feature; fan ramping up/down works only when it wants to (cackling intensifies).
    - in Silent profile, the pump PWM speed starts at 80%... why? Editing profile, overwriting the default one and loading back reverts pump PWM profile back to 80%. Saving the same edited profile under a different name saves the setting after reloading, but I have to reload the profile several times for it to work (see point above).
    - Custom profiles can't be loaded from the minibar (cackling deepens, madly reverberating).

Please find that evil, evil developer and tell him that I surrender myself to him, if he stops torturing me.

Thank you!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Amsterdam PC Specs
    Amsterdam PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K @5.1Mhz
    Memory (part number)D416GB 3000-15 Vengeance LPX bk K2 COR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Ti Turbo
    Monitoriiyama X4071UHSU 40" 4k
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 m.2 256GB
    Storage #2ADATA Premier Pro SP900, 256 GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H115i
    CaseZalman Z9 NEO bk ATX
    Power SupplyCooler Master G750M
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Logitech G9X
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon
    Headset/Speakers Bose Compagnion 5
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Netgear GS105GE Switch
    Accessory #2 Technicolor TC7210

Quote Originally Posted by war4peace View Post

Please find that evil, evil developer and tell him that I surrender myself to him, if he stops torturing me.

Thank you!
    All of the bugs are already reported to Asus weeks, months and years ago. You should read the forum to see all those complains.
    They need to run a development team of 50 developers to make a complete NEW AI Suite asap, without any copy/paste code and gave us already the first beta weeks ago….. But they don’t.
    So please, don’t let them torturing you. Just buy a other brand of mainboard to solve your problems, like I did. Next week I need to build 100 systems (school project) and for the first time none of the parts are Asus.

New ROGer Array khacpm PC Specs
    khacpm PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Formula
    Processor7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-GTZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 FE
    MonitorXG2401
    Storage #1SM961 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-EVO CSQ
    CaseInWin 303
    Power SupplyRM650X
    OS Windows 10 Pro

xtra libiola

Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
    All of the bugs are already reported to Asus weeks, months and years ago. You should read the forum to see all those complains.
    They need to run a development team of 50 developers to make a complete NEW AI Suite asap, without any copy/paste code and gave us already the first beta weeks ago….. But they don’t.
    So please, don’t let them torturing you. Just buy a other brand of mainboard to solve your problems, like I did. Next week I need to build 100 systems (school project) and for the first time none of the parts are Asus.
    Haha, I register a account to complain about my mobo (maximus ix formula) and I found your reply.
    It's really sad.

I just need 2 things:
    GPU Temp in AI Suite to control water flow and fans.
    Correct the CPU Temps.

ROG Member Array dirtyred PC Specs
    dirtyred PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Prime Z270-K
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVK
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G (regretting not getting ASUS)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256 GB
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-TC14PE
    CaseFractal Design Define C
    Power SupplySeasonic M12II-620 EVO
    Mouse Razer Taipan
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-M20X
    OS Windows 10

Angry

Also, temperature readings are off by about 10-12 degrees (in UEFI as well), because (I've read it somewhere) it's not reading the temperatures from the package or cores but from the sensor near the CPU.

Fan calibration is a mess (same in UEFI), sometimes gives a minimum value of 88-98% for my PWM fans. Recalibrating a few times can get it down to 24-28% but it doesn't allow any CPU fan to stop. My Arctic Freezer i32 is supposed to be a semi-passive cooler but the only way to make it stop is to edit the fan calibration xml file.

I'm done with this software and with the UEFI. Had to install SpeedFan in order to control my fans properly. Which is a shame because a whole ASUS developement team can't make it right as the single person behind SpeedFan.

Please ASUS, hire that guy (Alfredo Milani Comparetti)!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP500 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS II Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

i have als been waiting for a new ai suite for half a year talkt whit us suport they just keep giving usles bad fixes and telling you to wait
    and the dutch one also has not done any thing to help out same for aura but ther might be someting happening whit that since a admin on the forums here responded
    so lets hope but so far asus suport has been total crap from crapy software to evn some of thehardware beeing bad
    in my case the gtx1070 strix has led that dont do the same collor as the x99 strix main board

Ex-employee Array

We appreciate all the information on this issue, I'll make sure to pass this on to our software team to look into this.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Amsterdam PC Specs
    Amsterdam PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K @5.1Mhz
    Memory (part number)D416GB 3000-15 Vengeance LPX bk K2 COR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Ti Turbo
    Monitoriiyama X4071UHSU 40" 4k
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 m.2 256GB
    Storage #2ADATA Premier Pro SP900, 256 GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H115i
    CaseZalman Z9 NEO bk ATX
    Power SupplyCooler Master G750M
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Logitech G9X
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon
    Headset/Speakers Bose Compagnion 5
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Netgear GS105GE Switch
    Accessory #2 Technicolor TC7210

Quote Originally Posted by Runit View Post
    i have als been waiting for a new ai suite for half a year talkt whit us suport they just keep giving usles bad fixes and telling you to wait
    and the dutch one also has not done any thing to help out same for aura but ther might be someting happening whit that since a admin on the forums here responded
    so lets hope but so far asus suport has been total crap from crapy software to evn some of thehardware beeing bad
    in my case the gtx1070 strix has led that dont do the same collor as the x99 strix main board
    Runit, it's simple. Just take a look at the different Asus Facebook sites. The only thing you see are Mobile Phones and Laptops.

If you take a look at the Asus YouTube description you see their company slogan with: "maker of the world's best-selling, most award-winning, motherboards." The fun part is that the last YouTube vid from a Motherboard is from 4 years ago!

finally, if you go to their investment page they showed that Motherboards isn't their business anymore (See picture)

ROG Member Array AmIgone PC Specs
    AmIgone PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Panasonic ToughBook CF54
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7 6850K
    Memory (part number)Corsair DP 32GB CMD32GX4M4B3333C16
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorDell U2415
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2WD Black 5TB @ 5 | Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB @ 2
    CPU CoolerCorsair h100i v2
    CaseFractal Design Define XL R2 (Black Pearl)
    Power SupplySeaSonic SSR-850TD 80+ Titanium
    Mouse Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel
    Headset sennheiser PC 330
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Chorus II via Onkyo TX-NR929
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise x64
    Network RouterMikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD-IN

Like war4peace I've used Asus motherboard's for, well, forever. I bought my R5E10 to replace my old P7P55D. I got the R5E10 & ROG STRIX GTX 1080. Based on all the issues with the drivers and software I'm pretty sure I'll never buy Asus product again. It'd be different if they were actively working on fixing all the bugs and problems but all we get from Bahz and Chino is
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    We appreciate all the information on this issue, I'll make sure to pass this on to our software team to look into this.
    . Well pass this on, customers are getting fed up with it. As the saying goes, either lead, follow, or get out of the way. I think Asus is in pretty much in get out of the way mode now.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP500 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS II Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

wel i just rly hope asus just fixes ther **** i also have been using asus parts to build all the pc s i have ever made so would be a shame if i have to go look at a new brand
    since the hardware is stil good wel exept for the little problem i have whit the led s on the 1070 strix

ROG Member Array

I'd have to agree with a lot of the sentiment in this thread. I bought an Asus motherboard specifically because of their supposedly class-leading software, and while, when it does work, it works well, it often acts strangely - Not thirty seconds ago my CPU fan randomly stopped dead, my case fans will ramp up and down with no warning (and it seems like they completely ignore the 50-second ramp up time I've set), and what's with the hard limit of setting all the fans to 100% when the CPU reaches 75C? Competitors seem to allow fans to be adjusted up to 90 or even 100 degrees.

I want to like Asus' products - they look good, are feature-rich, and are competitively priced. But when my CPU fan can't even keep spinning, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Edit: Well I do apologise. It seems as though the latest version of AI Suite III allows a custom "Critical Temperature" above 75C for case fans (but not the CPU fan, for some reason? That's a bit strange). I do apologise for that slip and appreciate the step in the right direction, as well as Bahz's acknowledgement that the software team are working on updates.
    Last edited by TamiyaGuy; 06-08-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast