cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am about to buy asus phoebus??????? [win 10]

illetyus
Level 7
Hello all...

I had never used a soundcard before. My main purpose of purchaising this product is watching movies and listening to the music, hearing all the details. But when i saw this forum i just couldn'T know what to do. Do you think it is a wise choice to buy it to a win 10 computer?

I am using Audio Technica MX50
7 REPLIES 7

Bahz
Level 12
The Phoebus is a slightly older product so I would recommend that you consider other newer products for example like the Essence STX II 7.1 which has better support for Windows 10.

Bahz wrote:
The Phoebus is a slightly older product so I would recommend that you consider other newer products for example like the Essence STX II 7.1 which has better support for Windows 10.

too expensive 😞

illetyus wrote:
too expensive 😞

You can also consider the Strix line of sound cards like the Strix Soar, Strix RAID DLX and Strix RAID Pro which are also good alternatives.

Bahz wrote:
You can also consider the Strix line of sound cards like the Strix Soar, Strix RAID DLX and Strix RAID Pro which are also good alternatives.

I would agree that you should maybe look at Strix Soar or Strix RAID Pro if you want the control box. Price should be comparable I would think.

Sneeky
Level 7
The Phoebus works ok with win10 and the latest 4.29 driver .
the only problem is with Dolby home theater every time win 10 wants a Update you have to reinstall the drivers 😞

Sneeky wrote:
The Phoebus works ok with win10 and the latest 4.29 driver .
the only problem is with Dolby home theater every time win 10 wants a Update you have to reinstall the drivers 😞

That's because Dolby features are no longer officially supported under Windows 10, the only way that Dolby home theatre works is forcing Windows 8.1/7 drivers and if you do auto update then it switches to latest Windows 10 drivers which have no support.

So better buy a Creativ Sound Card with much better Driver support!