cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Aura LED's toggle? HDD & CPU Ready

pankomputerek
Level 7
is there any way to disable the HDD and CPU_ready LED's on the motherboard? I find them really distracting and useless.
In BIOS I've only seen ROG Effects toggle and AURA effects Off don't change it.

As a suggestion ROG Effects should be named ASUS Aura Effects in BIOS?
18 REPLIES 18

alexp999
Level 9
+1 on being able to disable the onboard HDD LED, really distracting.

Yeah, while it's a minor issue the HDD light is annoyingly bright.

If its that bad just use a fine tipped sharpie to darken it some.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Easy fix, use case with solid covers not clear.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Easy fix, use case with solid covers not clear.

If the AURA lighting is unionized I think they might not like this suggestion 🙂
I like my AURA lighting, but when I do put my semi-solid-mesh-like cover on instead of seeing the aura lighting I see a lot of very bright yellow blinking throughout the entire panel, it's seriously bright!

Raja
Level 13
pankomputerek wrote:
is there any way to disable the HDD and CPU_ready LED's on the motherboard? I find them really distracting and useless.
In BIOS I've only seen ROG Effects toggle and AURA effects Off don't change it.

As a suggestion ROG Effects should be named ASUS Aura Effects in BIOS?

No way to turn this off that I am aware of. With each gen, Im chipping away at the teams for reducing the number of jarring colors/LEDs on each board. The number of antagonists has been reduced, but there are still some.

What I do with some of my builds is get some vinyl wrap and create small covers for the cables. Comes out looking quite good, and it can be removed easily. May not be the answer you were looking for, but Im sure its one you can use.

I think I'm going to break out the black filament and 3D PRINT something to cover it. It'll look like it was meant to be there rather than just taped.

I think there's a motherboard screw hole right next to it so I could probably design something that can be screwed in and look professional.

Small piece of electrical tape over the LED?

OT: @Raja, how about getting rid of this stupid captcha junk for my account??

SubnetMask wrote:
Small piece of electrical tape over the LED?

OT: @Raja, how about getting rid of this stupid captcha junk for my account??

Drop Bahz a PM.