cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ROG Gaming Center

mmdafiq
Level 7
i just owned ROG GL553VD last week, and i have problem with ROG Gaming Center software. I installed the app from the drivers CD that came with the laptop. The problem is when i try to open the app, it always crashed. Sometimes it works when i restart the PC, so when it crashed i need to restart the laptop to make it works but sometimes it doesnt work too. So, i dont know when it can be opened or not. I tried to uninstall the software and install the software from the ASUS Website but still the same, i read the forums that maybe conflict with the GeForce Experience so i uninstalled, but it doesnt work neither. My graphic's drivers all is up to date. Is that someone have some problems?
and have solution? Can you guys help me?

my spec:
ASUS ROG GL553VD
NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB
16 GB RAM
13 REPLIES 13

Taker
Level 7
Hi, I had the same problem a while ago with a GL753VD, to this day ROG gaming center does not show the CPU frequency, temperature and memory. A guy from another thread said that it's a conflict between ROG gaming center and Avast antivirus. I never had Avast. In the last few weeks the Gaming center does not crash, but no readings on CPU and memory. I sincerely don't know what happened. Other ASUS software behave weirdly too including AURA, Splendid, hotkey for the touchpad. It may have a common cause, but I don't know what it is. I think ASUS's engineers don't know either if they even care. Latest BIOS here, clean licensed Windows install, reinstalled ATK several times and so on.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Are you running the latest version of the software V2.02?

I've found most of the time with software such as this its user error in machine configuration and tweaking. We are all guilty of messing with stuff that is better left alone. What makes a super tweaker? Someone that has been doing it long enough that they have already messed everything up at least once and have figured out what not to mess with any more.
This is simple software. For crashes is there any error?

For not reading memory what does HWinfo or CPUZ register? They all poll the same points and sometimes other apps polling the same points will have a conflict.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Are you running the latest version of the software V2.02?

I've found most of the time with software such as this its user error in machine configuration and tweaking. We are all guilty of messing with stuff that is better left alone. What makes a super tweaker? Someone that has been doing it long enough that they have already messed everything up at least once and have figured out what not to mess with any more.
This is simple software. For crashes is there any error?

For not reading memory what does HWinfo or CPUZ register? They all poll the same points and sometimes other apps polling the same points will have a conflict.

thanks for response, i dont configure anything in the software. the only thing i (want) to use is for check the temp and configure fan boost manually. hmm i think theres no error, its juts crashed every time i launch it . 63483

so now, when it crashed i'll use HWmonitor, but i cant manually boost the fan.
one more thing, in HWmonitor CPU's fan always showing 0 rpm. i dont know why. 😕

Gaming Center was crashing for me as well but it turned out that Avast Premier was the cause. Could be a similar issue for you as well. I did not have problems when I tried Avira or Kaspersky but dumped them for other reasons so now I just use Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Also version 2.0.3 is out http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/Gaming_Center/ROG_Gaming_Center_Win10_64_VER203.z....
Should also mention you can't control Fan with it at least I can't on a GL702VM. If this is a notebook you may want to look at Notebook Fan Control https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

U2Desire wrote:
Gaming Center was crashing for me as well but it turned out that Avast Premier was the cause. Could be a similar issue for you as well. I did not have problems when I tried Avira or Kaspersky but dumped them for other reasons so now I just use Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Also version 2.0.3 is out http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/Gaming_Center/ROG_Gaming_Center_Win10_64_VER203.z....
Should also mention you can't control Fan with it at least I can't on a GL702VM. If this is a notebook you may want to look at Notebook Fan Control https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

okay thank you for the solustion, im using avast and ill try uninstall it and check it. hmm actually i can control the fan from the app, before it crashed i used the controller to boost my cooling system. but, the control limited only how much percentage you want your fan is moving.

EDITED : i tried uninstalling my avast but still didnt work 😕 until now it still happened, crashed all the time. And now it getting worse because it completely crashed, whenever i restart my laptop it still crash.

I have a rog strix gl 753 and I purchased it from US. Up to now it was okay but I got a fan boost error.I couldn't control rpms manually in the fan boost option in the gaming center and my rpm shows 0 most of the time. If I select 2100 rpm it goes to 5100 rpm and gradually reduces to zero. So only steady rpms are 0 and 5000/5100.I reinstalled the gaming center couple of times and still no progress. I did most of the things I found in online threads including windows updates, graphic card updates, resetting windows and all. Can anyone help me plzz. It's not a cheap laptop and it's just 4 months I bought it. Some people are having the same error and Asus don't give a ****. I'm totally dissapointed with Asus support. Plzz update gaming center by debugging all these errors or do something.*

mmdafiq wrote:
okay thank you for the solustion, im using avast and ill try uninstall it and check it. hmm actually i can control the fan from the app, before it crashed i used the controller to boost my cooling system. but, the control limited only how much percentage you want your fan is moving.

EDITED : i tried uninstalling my avast but still didnt work 😕 until now it still happened, crashed all the time. And now it getting worse because it completely crashed, whenever i restart my laptop it still crash.

Bro I'm having the same problem. You got a solution?

1) Uninstall ROG Gaming Center (Control Panel)

2) Go thru these folders to get to the install (setup) file

C:>
esupport>
edriver>
software>
ASUS>
ROG Gaming Center>
2.0.2>
2642>

3) run ROG Gaming Setup (.exe)

Hi all!
I have a very similar problem. It's appeared after I had updated Windows (Fall Creators Update, clear install). So there is no fan speed in the Gaming Center when I change it to max (only the word "max" and no numbers), but it appears in all other cases (0-99%). And I also have no information from CPU and GPU in the Gaming Center after it has started. I did everything (reinstalling everything, updating drivers, running the fix from the previous post etc.), but nothing changed. Can anybody help to solve this problem?