cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't supply USB power while turned off?

Oromit
Level 7
One of my USB devices has a crazy bright LED, and it doesn't turn it off when the PC is powered off, unless I turn off the PSU or remove power entirely, of course.
Is there a way to turn off USB power while the system is in off state?
I'm using the ASmedia 3.1g2 controller for this specific device, but the other ports also seem to have power all the time.
12 REPLIES 12

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Some BIOS there is a USB charging option to enable or disable...in the advanced tab...the section where you can enable and disable devices...

?

I always turn ErP on for S4 and S5 in the BIOS to cut the power to USB devices.

I can't find anything in the CH6 BIOS to cut power to USB when off - am i missing something? v0902. It is annoying, agreed.

Enabling ErP actually does the trick.
It turns absolutely everything off when in S4 and/or S5.

Problem: The System needs 3 attempts to boot back up from that state, same as when it was disconnected from wall power, or when the PSU was switched off.

Hmm, guess i'll have to weigh that out then - which one is more of a pain 🙂

I see that ERP isn't recommended when OC'ing..any idea why? I'm not extreme, so wouldn't mind some power savings to go along with a mild OC.

I'd guess it's because of those cold boot issues. Some OCs needs multiple attempts to boot up.
If I'd remove my mild RAM OC, I'd most likely be able to boot in the first attempt.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed any weird bugs in the bios or Windows 10? Even though everything is "stock" on my board besides my RAM (@2400, it is 3000 ram), it still seems buggy in Windows. I'll leave it on for the day, come back and find a black screen. Force reboot and find my Windows power plan switched BY ITSELF to "power saving"..not good. Previously had it on High Performance. When I change anything in P states, the BIOS said that I didn't change anything when i save the settings. Also can't get P-state OC to downclock when idle - it either sticks at max OC speed or the downclock speed, depending on which P states i have changed. Followed a really good guide on youtube..but that's on an asrock board.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed any weird bugs in the bios or Windows 10? Even though everything is "stock" on my board besides my RAM (@2400, it is 3000 ram), it still seems buggy in Windows. I'll leave it on for the day, come back and find a black screen. Force reboot and find my Windows power plan switched BY ITSELF to "power saving"..not good. Previously had it on High Performance. When I change anything in P states, the BIOS said that I didn't change anything when i save the settings. Also can't get P-state OC to downclock when idle - it either sticks at max OC speed or the downclock speed, depending on which P states i have changed. Followed a really good guide on youtube..but that's on an asrock board.

Well, if you set Windows to High Performance, it will stay at the highest clock and not park cores, that's what all this is about.