cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1 Virtual Surround broken in latest drivers

Casodi
Level 7
As the title said, the virtual surround option is not working on my strix soar with the latest drivers. Works on the drivers that came on the cards driver disc. I cant use the old driver due to other bugs. It seems to be an issue with the rear channels only. If you do the channel test, the front, side and rear all sound the same unlike in the older driver where the rear channel sounds like its behind.
4 REPLIES 4

FuryA
Level 8
hi Ca
have you tried reinstall drives or
set on different platforms / Os

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi Ca
have you tried reinstall drives or
set on different platforms / Os

I have tried reinstalling a few times. I have tried the older driver as well. That's how I know it's only an issue with the new driver. Have not tried a different OS though as I only have windows 10. If you press play on the speaker pan you can clearly hear something wrong with the rear channels as they sound exactly the same as front channels.

x7007
Level 7
Anyone else with the issue ? I just ordered Asus Raid DLX sound card, and Virtual surround is my main use for it. do we still have Dolby surround for it ? or only Virtual Surround is the only option ?

x7007 wrote:
Anyone else with the issue ? I just ordered Asus Raid DLX sound card, and Virtual surround is my main use for it. do we still have Dolby surround for it ? or only Virtual Surround is the only option ?

In game works fine, but if you're worried bout it like I was, when you turn on spacial 7.1 windows sound, it will "work" when you click on the various speakers. The latest drivers though are horrible for rear sound from the 7-6 and 6-5 o'clock positions but from 7 (clockwise) - 4 o'clock the sound is good.

I've tried it with windows spatial (best directional sound but worse sound quality as it's 16 bit only), spacial off and 16/24 bit settings.

My last beef is that the "forward" speaker sounds like it's coming from above me, not in-front of me.

Over all, I am not impressed with SOAR and would not recommend it now that SB has a 7.1 virtual SS card, the AE-5, but I've read a lot of reviews that the card itself is unreliable. So...i'm between a rock and a hard place.