cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios Flashback does not work M8G.CAP

Dasa2
Level 7
Trying to roll back bios to 1902 from 3007 as the ram no longer overclocks beyond xmp 3200c14 when it use to hit 3866 16-16-16 1.425v stable
Im guessing this is due to me having a 6700k and the bios is better suited to 7700k

MAXIMUS-VIII-GENE-ASUS-1902.CAP renamed M8G.CAP on a freshly formatted usb in the port shown in the manual
Flashback button flashes 3 times then stays illuminated and nothing happens

Tried two usb (sandisk\transcend) and powering off the system completely before trying

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Chino
Level 15
Did you format the USB pendrive to FAT32? Also try using other pendrives that don't have a hidden partition. The Sandisk ones normally have one. Can't say for the Transcend.

FuryA
Level 8
As Chin said, You must check the USB format to FAT32
and try to flashing again:D

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
My manual shows the wrong USB port

Dasa2
Level 7
So the green arrow is correct?
Confirmed both flash drives are formatted fat32
Neither USB port responds any differently at this stage

Will borrow some corsair USB sticks and see if they work
I know there different to the Sandisk as the Corsair don't detect on boot for windows installation

Thanks for all the suggestions

Dasa2 wrote:

I know there different to the Sandisk as the Corsair don't detect on boot for windows installation

If possible, try to use small capacity drives like 4GB or 8GB. It doesn't even have to be any fancy pendrives. I've seen users buying $5 pendrives and they work fine.

Dasa2 wrote:

I'll double check and confirm later, the manual confused me,
In this picture it is indicating the port next to the LAN, as my previous pic of the manual points to below the PS2.
Pretty sure it was the one with the green arrow, try different ports till it works.
Someone stuffed up with manual anyways.

^page from an overclock guide.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No....the green arrow is just an ordinary usb port...it clearly labels rog connect port...bios flashback port next to it right?

EDIT:....OK don't mind me...that's what happens when browsing on a phone 😮

Dasa2
Level 7
Never did get the bios flashback to work even after trying 4 more usb sticks in both ports but thankfully the latest bios 3401 overclocks ok again so I didn't have to use it to roll back